The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dating site horror stories.

thejazz97

People have some pretty silly preconceived notions

She had no reason to say that she's no longer in a relationship. That's a private thing. No need to put it up on a public forum...

Yeah, except someone said she was in one and so she corrected them. Are you trolling or?

No man I don't troll. Think about it. Tinder will lead to the collapse of western society as we see it

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU'RE SITTING DOWN THIS POST MAY SHOCK YOU

Women choosing to have casual, no strings attached sex, will not be the end of Western society. See, we live in 2015 now, and women have demanding jobs and schooling, or demanding schedules in general, and a multitude of other reasons that casually taking care of their biological needs fits their personality or lifestyle, and this may be a shock to you, but thats totally OK, and definitely will not cause the collapse of of Western society. I know its very crazy, but its the truth, believe it or not.

Why is everyone having their posts subtly edited? Regular users don't have the privilege of removing their thoughts once their posts have been quoted--and it defeats the entire conversation when someone's allowed to backtrack what they've already said like that.

Everyone's posts are NOT edited (be specific?).

I edited MY OWN post, then removed the segment from quotes taken after the edit. Which is perfectly ok because they are my thoughts to share/rethink.

What? why? Maybe because I'm brown and proably more conservative but that's my opinion.

No, because you're trolling. And don't be doing that anymore.

Also: do you guys REALLY want to scare off all the young girls leaving you here with a crotchety old moderator lady who will hit you with her shoe and yell at you? No, you don't. Be nice to girls...that should have been lesson one taught to you. It will help you in the end.

Gotta run...behave. But keep a good discussion going and be respectful of others. I will be back to check.

Everyone's posts are NOT edited (be specific?).

I edited MY OWN post, then removed the edit from quotes taken after the edit. Which is perfectly ok because they are my thoughts to share.

That's what I was referring to.

I don't think it's a fair thing to be doing, but all right

e: Expanding, they are your thoughts to share, but once someone has commented on them/addressed the edited-out sections directly I wouldn't consider it very nice to remove them. It makes their post seem weaker and can confuse the sentiment they had in mind while typing.

(Don't ban me pls.)

dharmendra doesn't speak English as a first language so i think there might have been a misunderstanding somewhere.

oh.

i'm not sure what I was trying to say anymore, but no-one's obligated to have relations with you.

Exactly. My opinions are my opinions. I never said that people have to follow what I say.

Someone said she was in a relationship and she corrected them. Pretty simple.

Not some big 'look at me statement'

I was the one that thought she had a boyfriend. The reason I brought that up was to illustrate to people that she wasn't just a target to feast on.

The guys who complain that the "nice guys" never get girls are often also the ones who think just being nice to a woman will land them. They often lack other characteristics, such as being funny or flirty in everyday conversation. Nice and boring will usually lose to risky but exciting, and I don't blame the women that take that route one bit. Most people want excitement in their life.

I'd say a far more accurate observation is that the people who claim nice guys finish last lack the aggression (ala beta male) that the more dominant males possess. That, in itself, doesn't mean someone is 'boring'. With that note, my point still stands. My complaint is that guys can afford to be a little more douchey. My definition of douchey is broad and that is not meant to be confused with 'excitement'.

How much more 'excitement' can a person really bring? Gangster life? Globetrotter? Excitement is very subjective, although having money never hurts.

It's fine to be confused with the concepts though.

Definintely. Like half the chicks on there are there just to mess around, flirt and see who and how many peeps are into them. Then like another 25%++ want you to actually work for it, take em to coffee n crap. That final 25% are dtf tho.

All statistics used in this comment are 100% real, and based off peer reviewed studies by Tinder scientists.

Yeah for me most girls were ether extremely sexual or not responding. Then I got a few others like one was selling pot and another was asking guys to order her pizza's.

Idk about others but Tinder was pretty much a waste to me it was like going to a club but with the awkward people only

Yeah for me most girls were ether extremely sexual or not responding. Then I got a few others like one was selling pot and another was asking guys to order her pizza's.

Idk about others but Tinder was pretty much a waste to me it was like going to a club but with the awkward people only

That's probably the most accurate statement regarding tinder yet.

Archived