Gaunce-Jones-Kenins

Jensen-Hamilton-Friesen

Zalewski-Cassels-Blomstrand

Fedun-Biega

Pedan-Subban

McEneny-Cederholm

Bachman

Cannatta

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher announced today that the Vancouver Canucks have reassigned Ludwig Blomstrand, and have released forward Tyler Shattock from his professional tryout contract. Both players will report to the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL.

Blomstrand, 22, recorded 45 points (33-12-45) and 32 penalty minutes in 53 games with Kalamazoo last season. The Upsalla, Sweden, native began the 2013-14 season with the Comets and appeared in seven games, without recording a point.

Blomstrand was selected by Vancouver in the fourth round (#120 overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Love the Utica video on the front page.

When Green was talking about how the previous year the fans gave them a standing ovation after their SEVENTH DEFEAT in a row to start the season, man that was really humbling. Not a bandwagon to be seen.

Our fans could learn a lot about positivity and getting behind the team from these guys. They seem to make more noise in the Aud than 18000 Canucks fans do. We should bus them in on game nights.

I really hope they get that Calder Cup this season as they deserve it.

Go Utica Go!!! I'll be paying even more attention to the Comets this season.

Will Jensen really make the 2nd line... Kenins may be a better option imo

Shink-Vey-Grenier

Gaunce-Jones-Kenins

Jensen-Hamilton-Friesen

Zalewski-Cassels-Blomstrand

Fedun-Biega

Pedan-Subban

McEneny-Cederholm

Bachman

Cannatta

I think I would rather see Gaunce centre the top line. If not then put Gaunce in place of Shink.

Love the Utica video on the front page.

When Green was talking about how the previous year the fans gave them a standing ovation after their SEVENTH DEFEAT in a row to start the season, man that was really humbling. Not a bandwagon to be seen.

Our fans could learn a lot about positivity and getting behind the team from these guys. They seem to make more noise in the Aud than 18000 Canucks fans do. We should bus them in on game nights.

I really hope they get that Calder Cup this season as they deserve it.

Go Utica Go!!! I'll be paying even more attention to the Comets this season.

Here is the video.

The fans in Utica put our fans to shame. Go anywhere in the NHL I swear we are the only city with people in suits and non-stop on their cellphones. In Toronto with all the businesses, and head offices there, they go to the games in t-shirts, jerseys etc, or at least in Leaf colours, and cheer like mad. Rogers arena? The lower bowl might as well be a library.

The Utica Comets have released their 2015 opening night roster in advance of tomorrow’s season opening game against the Rochester Americans in Rochester, N.Y. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:35 p.m. at the Blue Cross Arena War Memorial.

The training camp roster consists of 28 players (17 forwards, nine defensemen, and two goalies):

Forwards:
8 – Alex Friesen
9 – Hunter Shinkaruk
10 – Brendan Gaunce
12 – John Kurtz
14 – Michael Zalewski
15 – Ronalds Kenins
16 – Joseph LaBate
17 – Nicklas Jensen
18 – Linden Vey
22 – Blair Jones
23 – Dane Fox
24 – Cole Cassels
28 – Alexandre Grenier
32 – Mackenze Stewart
34 – Carter Bancks
36 – Wacey Hamilton
38 – Curtis Valk

Defensemen:
2 – Travis Ehrhardt
3 – Alex Biega
4 – Evan McEneny
5 – Anton Cederholm
6 – Ashton Sautner
7 – Jordan Subban
11 – John Negrin
27 – Taylor Fedun
37 – Andrey Pedan

Goaltenders:
31 – Clay Witt
35 – Joe Cannata

Hm I took this from the Utica's website but it definitely not the opening night roster, too many players...

Hm I took this from the Utica's website but it definitely not the opening night roster, too many players...

It sure is. There are no roster limits in the AHL. The real question is, who is showing well in practice and in the opening line up. I have a feeling Green will have a veteran line up and slowly start to mix the younger players in as the season progresses.

It sure is. There are no roster limits in the AHL. The real question is, who is showing well in practice and in the opening line up. I have a feeling Green will have a veteran line up and slowly start to mix the younger players in as the season progresses.

You are right, I was actually thinking about the opening night line up...

Archived