The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015-16 Utica Comets Thread

thejazz97

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by two players. The moves bring the club’s current roster to 28 players.

The following players have been assigned to the Utica Comets:

* Richard Bachman, Goaltender
* Taylor Fedun, Defense

It's tie 1:1 after two periods. Dane Fox scored for Utica in the first period, assists to M.Zalewski and Cole Cassels. Two fights in the same period: Andrey Pedan against Jacob Dotchin and John Kurtz with Tye McGinn.

I wish Pedan would stick to playing D...

Utica getting some reinforcements today. Gaunce, Kenins, Grenier, Fedun and Bachman to meet the team back in Utica. Just waiting on Biega and possibly Cracknell as the last cuts. Should be a deep roster when everyone arrives, and the final group is set.

Shinkaruk - Jones - Grenier

Gaunce - Cracknell - Jensen

Kenins - Cassels - Zalewski

Bancks - Friesen - Hamilton

Fox, Stewart, Valk

Pedan - Biega

Sautner - Fedun

Erhardt - Subban

McEneny, Negrin

Bachman

Cannata

Should be another deep playoff run :).

Especially with Vey centering the first line!

Seriously though, if they do go that route and they manage to get him to Utica, he can still provide alot of value to us.

Imagine how much players like Shinkaruk and Grenier can raise their game with Vey centering them. If he has that impact on those two, giving up that second round pick doesn't seem so bad.

Utica getting some reinforcements today. Gaunce, Kenins, Grenier, Fedun and Bachman to meet the team back in Utica. Just waiting on Biega and possibly Cracknell as the last cuts. Should be a deep roster when everyone arrives, and the final group is set.

Shinkaruk - Jones - Grenier

Gaunce - Cracknell - Jensen

Kenins - Cassels - Zalewski

Bancks - Friesen - Hamilton

Fox, Stewart, Valk

Pedan - Biega

Sautner - Fedun

Erhardt - Subban

McEneny, Negrin

Bachman

Cannata

Friesen is above cole on depth chart right now. Cassels will have to earn his rise on the team he's a rookie.

I agree though, and I'm honestly more excited for Utica this year then Canucks. Especially if Hutton goes to Utica.

Love the depth, and love that we know some are already capable NHLers.

I'm expecting Gaunce, Shinkaruk to have big years relative to last.

Grenier in expecting to gain some footspeed and have another strong year.

I'm also expecting Cassels year to be similar to Gaunces last year.

Jensen I really don't know what to expect from him anymore but always hope for the best.

Very excited for our farm team/system!

Especially with Vey centering the first line!

Seriously though, if they do go that route and they manage to get him to Utica, he can still provide alot of value to us.

Imagine how much players like Shinkaruk and Grenier can raise their game with Vey centering them. If he has that impact on those two, giving up that second round pick doesn't seem so bad.

The post above goes into the "Lipstick on a Pig" Hall of Fame.

I wish Pedan would stick to playing D...

Though I agree that Pedan should concentrate on playing hockey JR, I think it's a good sign that Pedan is willing to fight after the ko punch he took from Bickell.

Now that he's got the fight under his belt, hopefully Pedan has proven to himself that his coconut is fine which should help his state of mind and allow him to start focusing on developing into the big and hard-to-play-against d-man that is being hoped for him.

Lineup looking very competitive, though a little young compared to your typical AHL playoff team. Feeling a lot better about the D end as Fedun and Biega have apparently played very well with the big club so far and I am a big Pedan fan. If we get Hutton that will be one hot skating group of D and they may generate more scoring chances than last year even without Corrado, Clendening and Sanguinetti.

With Travis G and the same crew behind the bench, Bachman in net, you know we will be stingy on D and in the hunt every game. I also see a deep playoff run.

Much more optimistic than I was when we were losing the team's backbone of Cal, Connacher, Sang, Archie and Defazio, and Baertschi, Corrado, Clendening and Marky were heading to Van. Lucky we have Van as a parent club, they are patiently building something and I hope they are saying the right things to Gaunce, Grenier, Biega, even Jensen, so they don't sulk down on the farm.

And poor Friesen just can't get any respect but that guy consistently punches above his weight. He scored in the NHL preseason, and he does a lot of good things out there and is an agitator. Played great in the playoffs last year. If he is your 3d line center you have a strong AHL team.

And poor Friesen just can't get any respect but that guy consistently punches above his weight. He scored in the NHL preseason, and he does a lot of good things out there and is an agitator. Played great in the playoffs last year. If he is your 3d line center you have a strong AHL team.

Do you get to many Comets games? Looking forward to the first hand comments and analysis of Comets players from you, UticaComet, UticaHockey and other Comet fans from the Mohawk Valley this coming season.

Do you get to many Comets games? Looking forward to the first hand comments and analysis of Comets players from you, UticaComet, UticaHockey and other Comet fans from the Mohawk Valley this coming season.

This will be my 3d year as a season ticket holder. It has been a good run with the Comets even with the bad start we had two years ago losing the first 10 games in a row. 1st year Comets sold 1500 season tix, 2250 the second year, and this year over 3000. If only our barn was a little bigger but it's a great place to watch hockey.

Getting Marky in goal last year was a big step up, and then Baertschi just before the playoffs, got us to the Calder Cup final.

By the end of the year last year, Gaunce was our best forward overall. Slightly surprised, but selfishly glad, he is back for at least the first 9 games the Canucks play. I suspect they will give McCann And Virtanen (he was special for us last year in the playoffs) their 9 games and send one of them back to juniors and Gaunce will get called up.

Comets and Crunch are playing two French local clubs for their third games and Utica seems to be getting the better one. The score in today's game between Lyon and Rouen is 1:8 in favour of our next opponent.

The Crunch defeated their French opponent 5 - 0. The Comets play in an hour.

Archived