The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 14 ROSTER HELP

ABNuck

This seems basic but for some reason I can't seem to get it to work right:

I have downloaded the most recent roster update (back in April 2014). Since I refused to buy the crappy game NHL15, I have chosen to continue to play with NHL14. Problem is as follows:

How do I get my NHL14 BaGM mode to play my personally "updated" or "managed" roster? It will play just fine with the most recent roster updates (I choose "CURRENT" when starting a new series). But what I did was go into ROSTER MANAGEMENT>PLAYER MOVEMENT and made the Canucks roster look more like it does today (ie/ deleted Kesler, Luongo etc. & added in Bonino, Vey, Miller, Vrbata etc.).

The problem is when I play DEFAULT Roster it still plays with Luongo & Kesler etc. When I play CURRENT Roster I don't get my "personally" updated roster (it stays with the updates from APRIL 2014). Is there a way to move players from team to team (ie/ to keep up with trades etc.) then play with THAT updated roster? What roster mode am I supposed to be in? Do I need to crash and wipe the whole thing and start from scratch?

Yea i would just get NHL15 for the old gen. I was playing it on the weekend because EASHL is a drug and I needed my fix. BTW they were advertising some EASHL news coming out this week.

Are you kidding? Old gen NHL 15 is a carbon copy of NHL 14.

The little things they did to the game made it better. It was just overpriced and really could have been a DLC option but they chose to tarnish their reputation by releasing an update at full game price.

So just to clarify:

NHL15 for Xbox 360 is identical to NHL14 except with roster updates. It has ALL the same features (full BaGM features including user drafting and fantasy draft)?

It was only NHL15 for Xbox One that was missing those features?

So just to clarify:

NHL15 for Xbox 360 is identical to NHL14 except with roster updates. It has ALL the same features (full BaGM features including user drafting and fantasy draft)?

Yeah the features are the same on the old gen. I thought it was a little better though. I found on NHL 14 and older it was almost useless to pick beyond the first round. You might get some depth guys and whatever but I found in NHL 15 there's actually some later round steals. Like I got a #2 d-man in the 4th round.

Are you kidding? Old gen NHL 15 is a carbon copy of NHL 14.

I very much disagree, I thought the same thing until I borrowed it from a friend. The gameplay is smoother from them surprisingly still doing minor tweaks to the physics engine. It's very very similar, but overall the actual gameplay is much smoother and less buggy. Also, GM mode is MUCH better, as players actually progress and you can actually find good players in the draft. It's honestly crazy how just that one tweak makes it a million times better. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Not worth 60, but if you can find it for 20, I say buy it

Yeah, I actually got NHL 15 for 360 the first day it came out and ended up returning it the next day when I figured out literally all they did was update the rosters and change the commentary. I ended up picking it up again a few months ago when the price dropped. After playing it quite a bit more, there are some good under the hood changes they added so it helps quite a bit.

Plus, I had preordered it from EB Games which gave me a HUT bonus pack every week for like 26 weeks. When it booted it up again, all the packs were there waiting for me so I got a pretty stacked team without spending a dime or playing a game.

With a larger userbase ...

The little things they did to the game made it better. It was just overpriced and really could have been a DLC option but they chose to tarnish their reputation by releasing an update at full game price.

I very much disagree, I thought the same thing until I borrowed it from a friend. The gameplay is smoother from them surprisingly still doing minor tweaks to the physics engine. It's very very similar, but overall the actual gameplay is much smoother and less buggy. Also, GM mode is MUCH better, as players actually progress and you can actually find good players in the draft. It's honestly crazy how just that one tweak makes it a million times better. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Not worth 60, but if you can find it for 20, I say buy it

Let me rephrase this. I am aware that EA did in fact make a few changes to the game, HOWEVER I believe that these changes were only minor and they definitely did not warrant the full $60 price that EA charged. So for it's price, yes NHL 15 on the 360 was a carbon copy of NHL 14

So just to clarify:

For BAGM, X360/PS3 NHL 15 > XB1/PS4 NHL 15 (well, actually, last gen is better for pretty much every mode) until NHL 16 arrives. Who knows if NHL 16 lives up to the hype, however. My bet is on bug-riddled mess.

For BAGM, X360/PS3 NHL 15 > XB1/PS4 NHL 15 (well, actually, last gen is better for pretty much every mode) until NHL 16 arrives. Who knows if NHL 16 lives up to the hype, however. My bet is on bug-riddled mess.

I thought the gameplay was great on the new gen but yeah, the game modes were awful. The game modes were actually coming along pretty nicely on the old gen, but they're still well behind other games.

Archived