The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which nhl players or folk have you met in person?

for me, it would be...babe pratt, andy bathgate, larry popein, jim and joe watson, fred shero, coach of the broad street bullies..i coached aaron asp, drafted by quebec nordiques in the tenth round, but never made it to the nhl...and a few other boys that came close....

I have met player's like Greg Adams, Cliff Ronning, Trevor Linden, Kirk McLean, Naslund, Bertuzzi, Cooke and a few others that I can't remember

I played hockey with Jeff Tambellini, Steve McCarthy

My wife is/was friends with some of these players and she introduced me to a few of them

Cody Franson

Jonathan Blum

Tim Kraus

Brett Festerling

Tyson Sexsmith

Bob probert- was a disturbed individual when I met him. I'll leave it at that.

Kassian- so nice. Wish him the best.

Matt Martin- too cocky for my liking

Taylor hall- such a child. Don't think he'll ever grow out of it.

Ryan Ellis- was a nice kid. Met him when he was in high school.

Joel quenville- b lined it toward me after hearing I went to his highschool lol.

Public Autograph Sessions/Appearances:

Canucks: Trevor Linden, Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows, John Garrett, and Mason Raymond

NHL Alumni: Bryan Trottier, Billy Smith, Theo Fleury, and Glenn Anderson

After Practice - Arena and UBC (Doug Mitchell Sports Centre):

Jordan Schroeder, Tom Sestito, and Francesco Aquilini (If he counts haha :lol:)

Rode a plane with the entire Winnipeg Jets in 1990. Got Dale Hawerchuk's autograph. Worked with a guy that played for the Penguins with Mario in prime and Scotty coaching. Can't remember his name now lol

They should have hired you as the Winnipeg Jets head coach!

Met Jim Hughson and Jack McIlhargey at the bar of the St. Paul Hotel during a tourism promotional trip. As I recall Jim was sipping on good brandy and smoking a cigar. This was some years ago when Jim and Jack were connected to the Canucks.

I met kirk McLean and Geoff Courtnal at the airport once. They had there hood up on Courtnal red beamer. They were poking around with a large screw driver when I walked up and asked what the problem was. Courtnal said his battery was dead. I said and your trying to jump start it with a screw driver?

They looked at each other and laughed. I gave them a jump start and they were on there way.

About two weeks later I was at a set of lights out by queensborough and Courtnal was behind me. He went on to the shoulder and went around me turned right and did an illegal u turn and turned right again to beat the red light. Guy was in some kind of a hurry.

That was some ugly car he had.

Also, never really met him but walked in on a photo shoot with a photographer and Jerome Iginla by accident.

I was doing a renovation at the saddledome on one of the luxury suites. I have a habit of walking around when I talk on my phone. I walked through these double doors and was standing there talking I looked up and saw Iginla just glaring at me. He wasn't to pleased. I apologized and turned around and walked out.

Also, never really met him but walked in on a photo shoot with a photographer and Jerome Iginla by accident.

I was doing a renovation at the saddledome on one of the luxury suites. I have a habit of walking around when I talk on my phone. I walked through these double doors and was standing there talking I looked up and saw Iginla just glaring at me. He wasn't to pleased. I apologized and turned around and walked out.

I doubt he was mad, Iginla is the coolest guy you could ever meet.

Ive met him 5 or 6 times and every time he is awesome.

Archived