The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour-Eklund] Canucks interested in Fehr?

Provost

Bang on! There is little reason to sign Fehr. Play the young guys like Grenier or Guance.

neither Gaunce or Grenier are pure centers. Fehr is a pure center who is good at faceoffs, big bodied, right handed, and can be had for cheap aswell as filling a spot that the Canucks need with losing Richardson. He is more of a 3rd liner as he has put up 2 consecutive 30+ points seasons aswell as a 39 point season in 09-10 in just 69 games. He's a great need fit. the only problem is he is almost 30.

He's a great need fit. the only problem is he is almost 30.

He's a great need fit for what? Making the playoffs?

This team has different goals now. (or at least it should). Signing more 30 year olds to try and force a non contender into the playoffs is counterproductive.

This team has different goals now. (or at least it should). Signing more 30 year olds to try and force a non contender into the playoffs is counterproductive.

I'd agree, though not sure how Vey on the 4th line up the middle is better (round hole, square peg anyone?)

Hopefully he would be able to build up the strength to play well against those big guys on the 4th but hope it doesn't stunt his performance too much.

With some of the discount prices guys have been going for, who knows.

Took over 800 draws last year and was a solid 52%.

Had 48 takeaways and a +27 turnover differential.

Faced some of, if not the strongest quality of competition on Washington, with only 43.9% offensive zone starts (2nd lowest on the Caps) - in other words the hardest minutes on that team, and had a positive corsi on. Quite impressive underlying numbers.

Putting up 33 points on top of that - with that situational play.... This guy would be a serious boost to the bottom six that a guy like Matthias simply could not provide. Stronger in the dot, better defensive forward, more scoring punch, throws more hits and blocks more shots than Matthias... A capable shutdown guy where Matthias was an intermittent winger conversion.

If he's affordable, I'd give him a go - he could be great with the likes of Higgins, Hansen, Dorsett, Prust - and he'd take some serious weight off the shoulders of Bonino and Horvat, which could make them both more productive as well.

Wouldn't have considered it realistic, but now that Eklund has suggested it, there must be something to it.

Wadr to the overhyped free agent signings in the division, along with Frolik he could be one of the more instrumental signings imo...(and would probably be a relative bargain). He would fit a role that presently can easily be considered the biggest question mark on this team - who will fill the 4C role. There's also the reality that the team will inevitably face an injury or two - he's the kind of depth that makes sense.

I totally agree. However I am purely thinking from a competitive point of view as that's what this organization wants to do. I do believe we need to get assets back for our core players and start over.

I hope Vey earns the 4C job. I am a little annoyed that this team isn't pushing to find a future replacement for Henrik and a top pairing defenceman of the future.

I totally agree. However I am purely thinking from a competitive point of view as that's what this organization wants to do. I do believe we need to get assets back for our core players and start over.

I hope Vey earns the 4C job. I am a little annoyed that this team isn't pushing to find a future replacement for Henrik and a top pairing defenceman of the future.

I'd love for Vey to actually earn a spot. What I wouldn't love, however, is for him to simply be gifted a spot because we don't have any other options.

Yes love this guy...so underrated.

Would be a great addition to anchor the fourth line. Great faceoff guy, solid on the PK and has a good touch here and there.

Doubt we will though but if we are going to sign a fourth line center, Fehr would be at the top of my list.

Pretty much this.

Any roster spot available for Fehr should be earned by a player already in the Canucks system.

Baseless rumor.

Archived