The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Brandon Sutter deal almost done

What's the trend?

Character, Skill, Grit, Speed, Compete

It's going to be damn refreshing to have all of those elements present on every line down the road. Canucks are going to be one tough mother of a team to play against, even if they won't be the most offensively elite in the conference.

Friedman confirming this:

Work still being done on Sutter extension in VAN, but hearing five years is expected to be the term. AAV sounds like just under $4.4M.

My guess is since this is essentially 6 years with us (next season then the contract extension) He sees Sutter as a true #2 center after Sedins are done in 3 years. Horvat possibly #1 Sutter # 2

4.4 Million for 20+ goals isn't too too bad.

Friedman confirming this:

Work still being done on Sutter extension in VAN, but hearing five years is expected to be the term. AAV sounds like just under $4.4M.

My guess is since this is essentially 6 years with us (next season then the contract extension) He sees Sutter as a true #2 center after Sedins are done in 3 years. Horvat possibly #1 Sutter # 2

4.4 Million for 20+ goals isn't too too bad.

If he scores 20 goals again.

How much more offensive upside do ya'll think Bo has than Sutter? Sutter maxing out at 55 points best case scenario and Bo at 65-70 in his prime?

Because if those are our pillars at centre going forward... we're gonna need more offence.

Yea but he's living in the past where 33 points is only worth 3 million or less.

Times are changing. Just like with many contracts, this one could look like a bargain in a few years.

I can't help have the feeling that Sutter has more to give offensively, kind of like Kesler 2.0 but a bit more consistent, and maybe not quite as top end for those 2 years he scored like a maniac.

I think Sutter will be allowed to play a more rangey offensive game here than when he was in Pittsburgh, but still maintain his 2 way acumen, and if Baertschi can prove he's a gamer, along side Vrbata I have to think it's hard to see him scoring any less than 45-50 points next year.

Archived