The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McCann injured in Game 1 vs Russia

Clean! There has to be a better strategy for dealing with suicide passes.

How do you strategize something like that. McCann is clear in the center and took the pass with one man to beat. Only strategy on this one is keep your eyes open at all times. I do not feel that should have even been a penalty. McCann looked wobbly and I hope he is all right. Am I right in saying he has had a concussion before?

Can this summer end, what a bad a summer as a Canuck fan. Questionable trades, bad signings eg Bartwoksi, Weber and now our prospect hurt. This hurts the most, I had high hopes in Mccann because of his NHL release. Ugh!

Your posts are nothing but a broken record these days.

I for one and am looking forward to the changes.

Can this summer end, what a bad a summer as a Canuck fan. Questionable trades, bad signings eg Bartwoksi, Weber and now our prospect hurt. This hurts the most, I had high hopes in Mccann because of his NHL release. Ugh!

Step off the ledge, Desi.

This hit would have been a clean hit 10 years ago. The issue with it in my eyes are that Zhuldikov came in from outside of McCann's peripheral vison and he could without a doubt, tell that McCann couldn't see him.

You could almost guarantee that Jared was going to be injured and that is what they are trying to get out of the game.

I'm not exactly an experienced ice hockey player, but isn't it a common thing to check up on struggling teammates? Especially if you're the one who dished out a suicide pass? Even when McCann is skating with the trainer, Roy turns his back as he gets close.

Your posts are nothing but a broken record these days.

I for one and am looking forward to the changes.

I'm a heart broken fan at the moment. Benning has let me down big time this year and I am honestly losing my faith in him. First, he gets zero 2nd rounders at the draft, second, he trades away Kassian (one of my favs) and gets Prust ( a guy who I think is a horrible hockey player, who yaps alot) third, doesn't sign Bo-Sang, fourth, comes out at the fan conference and says, "We had offers for Miller" (umm okay? Lack stood on his head for the last 2 months, trading Lack why not Miller?) Finally, we trade Bieksa, okay good but than Benning trades away the 2nd rounder that we needed big time for next years draft and on top of that traded away Clendenning. Sorry, I'm just a heart broken fan who just wants summer to end because its been a nightmare off-season for me but some of you guys are justifying the moves and I don't know how, but whatever.

I'm a heart broken fan at the moment. Benning has let me down big time this year and I am honestly losing my faith in him. First, he gets zero 2nd rounders at the draft, second, he trades away Kassian (one of my favs) and gets Prust ( a guy who I think is a horrible hockey player, who yaps alot) third, doesn't sign Bo-Sang, fourth, comes out at the fan conference and says, "We had offers for Miller" (umm okay? Lack stood on his head for the last 2 months, trading Lack why not Miller?) Finally, we trade Bieksa, okay good but than Benning trades away the 2nd rounder that we needed big time for next years draft and on top of that traded away Clendenning. Sorry, I'm just a heart broken fan who just wants summer to end because its been a nightmare off-season for me but some of you guys are justifying the moves and I don't know how, but whatever.

You need a girlfriend.

Nikita Zhuldikov delivers a booming hit on Canucks prospect Jared McCann, which knocks the Canadian forward out of the game and hands the Russian defenceman a two-minute penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for the hit to the head.

Dirty or clean?

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/summer-showcase-in-game-zhuldikov-delivers-huge-hit-on-mccann~670915

UPDATE: McCann will be held out of the rest of Canada's national junior team summer development camp for precautionary reasons, Hockey Canada said Tuesday.

Must be another concussion, horrible luck for Jared...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=40904&navid=nhl:topheads

Nothing wrong with the hit. Suicide pass. It's been called a suicide pass for as long as hockey has been played. Who was the boneheaded d-man that made the pass to McCann? That'll teach McCann to keep his head up at all times. Hopefully his injury won't hurt his chances to play for Team Canada this Christmas.

didn't like Roy and the other guy skating aside McCann without giving him a look.

Clean hit for me, little bit of a suicidal pass but you can't skate with your nose in your feet in the middle of the ice. responsibility splitted between the guy who have made the pass and McCann.

I just watched it and Im shocked more people arent saying this,,, roy sets him up and roy and gauthier skate right by him looking like they could care less..

Not team mates I would want to play with.

Agree with your post though.

Nothing wrong with the hit. Suicide pass. It's been called a suicide pass for as long as hockey has been played. Who was the boneheaded d-man that made the pass to McCann? That'll teach McCann to keep his head up at all times. Hopefully his injury won't hurt his chances to play for Team Canada this Christmas.

Headshots are a penalty now. He got a penalty and a 10 minute misconduct. Appropriate for an incidental headshot.

Unless you play for the Bruins. Then the d-man will be expected to let the player in on a break rather than finish his check. Otherwise he will be labelled a dirty player. If you suggest that the Bruin should have had his head up you will be villified.

Bad hit in that he got hurt bad,but hope he learns from this and has his head up more like Don Cherry says "Keep your head up kid",plus hope he learns from Willie Mitchel and gets a helmet like he wore so hits won't be so bad and his head will be better protected.The NHL should take note and make players wear better helmets.

Archived