The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey's Future 2015 Canucks prospect Ratings

The Canuck 2015 prospects have been rated by Hockey's Future in there annual summer draft ratings. Before I start, I would like to explain there ratings system for someone who doesn't know them.

8-first line forward/top pairing defensemen

7-second line forward/3-4 defensemen

6-third line forward/bottom pairing defensemen

C: should reach potential but might not

D: could reach potential but probably not

Without further ado, here are the ratings:

Brock Boeser-7.5C

Guillaume Brisebois-7D

Dmitry zhukenov-7D

Carl Neill-6.5D

Adam Gaudette-6C

Lucas Jasek-6.5D

Tate Olsen-6D

From a Hockey's Future standpoint, it looks like we had a good draft. IMO there is a lot of potential for guys like Boeser, Brisebois, Zhukenov and Jasek

Thanks for reading guys:) comment below if you have any input!

The Canuck 2015 prospects have been rated by Hockey's Future in there annual summer draft ratings. Before I start, I would like to explain there ratings system for someone who doesn't know them.

8-first line forward/top pairing defensemen

7-second line forward/3-4 defensemen

6-third line forward/bottom pairing defensemen

C: should reach potential but might not

D: could reach potential but probably not

Without further ado, here are the ratings:

Brock Boeser-7.5C

Guillaume Brisebois-7D

Dmitry zhukenov-7D

Carl Neill-6.5D

Adam Gaudette-6C

Lucas Jasek-6.5D

Tate Olsen-6D

From a Hockey's Future standpoint, it looks like we had a good draft. IMO there is a lot of potential for guys like Boeser, Brisebois, Zhukenov and Jasek

Thanks for reading guys:) comment below if you have any input!

Usually I don't agree at all with HF rankings, but these seem decent

Link > http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/vancouver_canucks/

Virtanen rated an 8.0D still, which ... if you go by their rating system, put him anywhere from a 1st line forward (best case) to a 4th line forward (worst case).

I'm pretty sure a guy with his tools, it's safe to say he's going to be at least a 3rd line forward, which would mean he should be rated an 8.0C.

Link > http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/vancouver_canucks/

Virtanen rated an 8.0D still, which ... if you go by their rating system, put him anywhere from a 1st line forward (best case) to a 4th line forward (worst case).

I'm pretty sure a guy with his tools, it's safe to say he's going to be at least a 3rd line forward, which would mean he should be rated an 8.0C.

I believe it is just another way of saying boom or bust.

Not too bad, stoked to see them give the Zhukini a decent rating. Cassels was only a 6.5 as a third rounder in 2013.

I probably would have given Brisebois a C rating as opposed to D as he seems like a reliable D man with decent size

Virtanen

Boeser

Grenier

Jensen

Jasek

Yep, real weak..

Exactly outside of Virtanen and Boeser and maybe Grenier who is a legit prospect projected to be an NHL regular on right wing?

Jensen and Jasek are both top six or bust.

I'm more worried that the Canucks system doesn't have a #1 D or #1 C I'm aware these pieces are very difficult to trade for or sign.

Pretty much have to draft those type of guys unless you can swing a trade for a Seguin type deal pipe dream.

I see the Canucks becoming a defensive team in the future in comparison to young teams like the Oilers,Flames, and Avalanche who will have very good firepower offensively that the Canucks will find difficult to match up front.

Horvat is a #2 center but doesn't have the offensive upside to be a #1. Either they hope they draft a guy in the top 10 next year who has potential as an offensive center or they will be screwed when Henrik is ready to move on and are loading up on 2-way guys to counter the offensive firepower on the rise in the west.

Hard to take HF seriously when it says weaknesses: shallow pool on right wing..

Virtanen and Boeser 2 of our highest offensive upside forward prospects are Rwers

That probably wasn't updated. Prior to the draft, our only RW prospects in the organization were Virtanen, Jensen, and Grenier. Those are 3 decent prospects, but not a lot of depth.

But looking at it, all they have to do is change "right" to "left". Although Guance is more of a LW now.

I would rather have Jake and horvat over 90% of the teams out there... Boeser also looks like a steal late in the 1st round.... wait for our late round D like Hutton and Pedan to get a shot then we will see if we drafted well or not. So far so good in terms of our drafting position. At least we aint the leafs!

From Mackenze Stewart's profile:

Stewart attended his first NHL training camp with the Canucks and is in his second WHL season with Prince Albert in 2014-15. As in his first season of junior hockey, he has had limited offensive numbers but is among the team leaders in penalty minutes. Long-range Stewart projects as a lower pairing defensive defenseman with the willingness to fight for his teammates at the NHL level. He is still a few years from reaching his potential.

Hasn't Benning gone on the record and said that their intention was to convert Stewart to a winger? Kinda makes it hard to take these projections seriously...

I've never found HF to be particularly informative on either current talent levels or future potential of prospects.

This is true and it upsets me because their site is really good just not very informative. Some rankings they get right, but others are real head scratchers.

someone mentioned pedan.........he got off to a very good start with utica played 48 games 42 with utica then he was no longer in the line up for either the regular season games or any playoffs ..........was he injured current status anyone......many thanks for the replies

If I am not mistaken, he sufferd a concussion in a fight. It was pretty bad I think.

I only like HF as a quick reference to teams prospects. Not to look at for their player ratings/projections.

Exactly outside of Virtanen and Boeser and maybe Grenier who is a legit prospect projected to be an NHL regular on right wing?

Jensen and Jasek are both top six or bust.

I'm more worried that the Canucks system doesn't have a #1 D or #1 C I'm aware these pieces are very difficult to trade for or sign.

Pretty much have to draft those type of guys unless you can swing a trade for a Seguin type deal pipe dream.

I see the Canucks becoming a defensive team in the future in comparison to young teams like the Oilers,Flames, and Avalanche who will have very good firepower offensively that the Canucks will find difficult to match up front.

Horvat is a #2 center but doesn't have the offensive upside to be a #1. Either they hope they draft a guy in the top 10 next year who has potential as an offensive center or they will be screwed when Henrik is ready to move on and are loading up on 2-way guys to counter the offensive firepower on the rise in the west.

Your post confuses me as you disagree with Deniro and I , but then go rate to saying our prospect pool needs a 1 D and 1C

If you look at our prospects we a defn most shallow on LW.

I am optimistic Horvat will be a #1 and our next captain.. #believe

Hard to take HF seriously when it says weaknesses: shallow pool on right wing..

Virtanen and Boeser 2 of our highest offensive upside forward prospects are Rwers

I noticed that too, before that summer ratings, they had us having a shallow left wing pool which makes sense. The shallow right wing pool must be a typo

Archived