The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi on 4th line

Boeser23

Everyone is saying Baertschi will be on the second line. It will most likely happen but its a bad decision.

Think about it Kenins Higgins and Prust are way better than him. Also if he is on the fourth line we can spread the toughness around on our team. This is the roster I am hoping for.

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Prust Sutter Burrows

Baertschi Vey Dorsett

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

Extras: Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Virtanen, Bachman, Corrado, Biega

Not really a fan of that 4th line. Very soft.

No.

As it stands right now:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

13th forward: Kenins

Most likely scenario for sure. You'll see a trade or two near the deadline that gives our younger guys more opportunities, and may be slide Vey to wing if he hasn't locked down the C position. I also think Sutter and Horvat will split some time at the 2C.

No.

As it stands right now:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

13th forward: Kenins

I agree with you that this is the most likley line combination out of the gate.

However I would rather see Vrbata play with the Sedins or Horvat over Sutter. I feel like they both are shoot first kind of guys.

My Preferred Starting Top 6:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

I like this combination for it gives the Sedins a triggerman and they are fun to watch.

Baertschi-Sutter-Burrows

Sutter and Burrows together could be reminicent of Kesler-Burrows days the Frick and Frack combo. Burrows would muck in the corners get loose pucks they would forecheck relentlessly and they could mentor a young and skilled playmaking Baertschi.

Bottom 6

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen - Triple H line, I like the line but see next line

Prust-Vey-Dorsett - This line combination does not sit great with me if we would be rolling four lines. Which we will.

Some people on CDC are saying Prust doesnt play C, that in fact is not true.

He played third and fourth line Centre duties with the Canadiens along with flanking on the wings.

If Vey struggles as C do not be surprised to see Prust push him to the Wing.

My Preferred Bottom 6

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

- I have always been a Hansen fan, and I believe Horvats continued development and improvement will elevate the play of his linemates.

Higgins-Prust-Vey

-Having Higgins on the 4th line looks surprising but he is much better suited for a bottom six role. With our team we would have a bonafide line 1 and 2 second lines that are shutdown lines. And the way we roll four lines this line would still receive considerable minutes.

Kenins probably starts opening day otherwise they wouldn't have given him the one way contract.

All he needs to do is show what he did his first part of his spell in vancouver - hit and hit and hit. That's what Willie told me would make him successful.

I'd put a lot of money on Horvat starting on the second line.

Agreed.

Everyone is saying Baertschi will be on the second line. It will most likely happen but its a bad decision.

Think about it Kenins Higgins and Prust are way better than him. Also if he is on the fourth line we can spread the toughness around on our team. This is the roster I am hoping for.

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Prust Sutter Burrows

Baertschi Vey Dorsett

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

With this talented roster you've compiled, I see us going 0-82-0 this season lol

Because they both can score goal. the powerplay last year proved it

Seriously? Defenseman should not be paired up just because both "can score goals". There needs to be a balance of offence, defence, grit, hard work, skills and chemistry on each defence pairing. The least important aspect of the defence is the offence. Doing what you're suggesting is a 1-way ticket to rock bottom.

He played on the 4th line in Calgary. He failed. We should stick him on the 4th here and expect different results..... :picard:

Calgary and Vancouver are two different teams, with two different coaches, and two different playstyles. So yes it is possible for different results.

But he'd be better served with more offensive linemates. Which would likely be on the second line.

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Prust Sutter Burrows

Baertschi Vey Dorsett

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

You posted this garbage line that will never nor should it ever be in another topic already.... Now you think it should be its own topic????

Because they both can score goal. the powerplay last year proved it

Ok, they can play on the powerplay. That doesn't make them a great pairing at regular strength.

At even strength on the eye test I considered Edler-Weber a reasonable pair, workable but nothing great. Stats-wise they only played together 124:22 at even strength. That's a small sample even for shot attempts. Edler's CF% was worse with Weber than without him despite the fact that their offensive zone starts were higher than was normal for Edler last season. Weber's CF% was a little better with Edler than without him. Goals wise they were considerably ahead of normal percentage wise, but the sample is so small-in this case 3 goals, 2 for and 1 against-that it is meaningless.

stats from http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=675&withagainst=true&season=2014-15&sit=5v5

Archived