The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Aquiring a RW

So as it stands this is the Canucks forward group.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Sutter-Vrbata

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Not that bad but I don't see Burrows as a top-6 forward in this league anymore and I think we should get a new linemate for the sedins. Now, a few rookies might surprise and make the lineup pushing some veterans out of the lineup giving us more trading assets. so what im proposing is getting short term right wing help while we wait for Virtanen to be top-6 ready. My target would be Jaromir Jagr as a I feel we could get him at a relatively cheap price considering his age. Other notables include Shane Doan Jarome Iginla Loui Eriksson and Ryan Callehan.

To VAN:Jaromir Jagr

4th Round pick

To FLA:Chris Higgins

Jannik Hansen

We do this trade because it reduces our huge depth but adds more top end talent and leadership while being a place holder for Boeser Virtanen Jensen and Grenier

Florida does this to add very lacked forward depth. Higgins and Hansen may get a chance to play top-6 in florida and put up career numbers in an increased role.

Canucks lineup after the trade:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Sutter-Jagr

Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

And if Virtanen doesn't make the team then this could be our lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Sutter-Jagr

Burrows-Horvat-Dorsett

Prust-Vey-Grenier

never happen us trading for the oldest player in the league for two guys that bring more!Jagr might not even play this year!

He said hes playing until hes 50 and atm hes still a solid top 6 . Hes also a legend that will teach the kids what it takes to be a professional and hes huge aswell the deal makes sense

He said hes playing until hes 50 and atm hes still a solid top 6 . Hes also a legend that will teach the kids what it takes to be a professional and hes huge aswell the deal makes sense

He said he will,but what team will want a 50 year old???This isn't the 50's or 60's.Most teams see him and yes he has a good shot and can make plays,but can't win battles for pucks and is one of the slowest players in the league now so doubt he will last after a year.

He said he will,but what team will want a 50 year old???This isn't the 50's or 60's.Most teams see him and yes he has a good shot and can make plays,but can't win battles for pucks and is one of the slowest players in the league now so doubt he will last after a year.

I think he could last up to 3 more year until hes forced to retire and he could defineantly play top 6 this year and when hes done virtanen steps in

or we can maybe let Virtanen grab a spot and maybe jump up innto the top 6

Virtanen is easily my favorite prospect but i doubt he could play top 6 i consider him not as good as horvat and horvat likely wouldve faltered if given top 6 role year one so 2 years of jagr while we wait for Virtanen makes sense

Didn't he just get acquired, then re-signed with Florida?

I don't know why anyone would thing they would trade him for a Cpl of 3rd liners...

Yep. Not to mention Florida's young stars love him. Not a chance Jagr is traded.

Fun fact: Jagr at 42 years old put up more points than anyone on our team not named Sedin or Vrbata.

Let that sink in.

So, why would they move him for a 3rd liner? It's not like they need Hansen, esp. not to give up a great like Jaromir.

EDIT: didn't see Higgins as part of the deal, but still. That's like two 2nd's for a legend and 1st liner.

EDIT-EDIT: come to think of it, two 2nd's seems like the offer that Benning would make. Deal lol.

Fun fact: Jagr at 42 years old put up more points than anyone on our team not named Sedin or Vrbata.

Let that sink in.

So, why would they move him for a 3rd liner? It's not like they need Hansen, esp. not to give up a great like Jaromir.

Theyre getting a fringe 2nd/3rd liner and a 3rd liner who would both bring veteran experience to replace jagr's while gaining more capable NHL'ers

Hansen on is own isn't worth much more than a 4th. So in essence you're proposing Jagr for Higgins. Awful deal for Florida

At the deadline you could probably get a late second/earky third for Hansen and a second for Higgins. so pretty much.

2nd and 3rd for Jagr 4th. seems pretty good for Florida

At the deadline you could probably get a late second/earky third for Hansen and a second for Higgins. so pretty much.

2nd and 3rd for Jagr 4th. seems pretty good for Florida

No, maybe. And hell no.

Florida traded for and re-signed Jagr for a reason. He's a leader who puts up points. All respect to Higgins and Hansen but bottom 6 guys like that are easy to pick up. There's several of them still out there as UFA's. Jagr brings something to Florida that neither of those guys comes close to replacing

Archived