The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what will the canucks team look like when the sedins retire as of now

Boeser23

When the sedins retire or leave vancouver how will our line up look like this is what i think

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Shinkaruk Cassels Boeser

Kenins McCann Grenier

Friesen Gaunce Jasek/Fox

Sbisa Tanev

Corrado Pedan

Tryamkin Subban

Markstrom

Demko

I think the Canucks are looking at the possibility of having 2 really good draft picks the next 2 years as they struggle to make the playoffs and trades are made at the deadline.

I think they have sub-par year to make the playoffs this year, and decide to make a trade or two at the deadline for picks and give the young guys some time to develop in the big club. I see the following year of more building, and less about making the playoffs. I think year 3 we'll have a chance to make the playoffs with the Sedins possibly retiring at the end of it. It depends on how we're looking at that point, but we need to be in a spot where we're looking to make a decent run at the cup, because the next year we're probably going to miss again if they retire, more draft picks, then in year 5 we'll be looking at the core that will take us back deep in the playoffs.

That's how I see it panning out at the moment.

The roster by that point is anyone's guess.

When the sedins retire or leave vancouver how will our line up look like this is what i think

Shinkaruk Cassels Boeser

Kenins McCann Grenier

Friesen Gaunce Jasek/Fox

Sbisa Tanev

Corrado Pedan

Tryamkin Subban

Markstrom

Demko

The truer question to ask is "If the Sedins retired today, what would our lineup look like?". That's more interesting and then you're not looking far ahead.

Needless to say, that would be rough. Bärtschi would be on the first line, might force guys like Virtanen and Shinkaruk in too early... I'm not sure when the twins will call it quits, but let's hope it's far enough away that our roster looks quite a bit different than it does now. It'll be interesting to see unfold.

Shinkaruk Cassels Boeser

Kenins McCann Grenier

Friesen Gaunce Jasek/Fox

Sbisa Tanev

Corrado Pedan

Tryamkin Subban

Markstrom

Demko

This is how our lineup would look in the next couple years if the Sedins retired NOW. They're not, there will be many more drafts, we may tank when the Sedins retire and acquire high end talent through the draft or we may not drop off. There are too many variables.

Archived