The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you saving up for?

Mainly Mattias

What are YOU saving for?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have friends dealing with major purchases on the horizon - apartment, trip, baby, school. We save up automatically for retirement too since we know nothing will be in the gov coffers once we get to that age.

Things on my shorter term "saving up for" horizon: a lens for my camera and a replacement fridge. ..and some car maintenance.. =|

1. Do you guys save?
  2. What are you going to buy.. or are you actually contemplating your future lack of funds at retirement? (POLL!)

EDIT: Added other options to the poll..

Between the mortgage, the utilities, my cost of travel, and everything else i require, there's very little money left over. Although with the money i make buying broken vehicles, fixing them, cleaning them and selling them, I plan on paying off my debt. After thats done i'll finally have my hands on the Ring doorbell i've been eyeing!

Retirement and a house. I've also got to pay off my student loans debt once I graduate, but it's not much so that won't take too long.

I started my RRSP when I was 19, which will hopefully pay off, though I don't have much going in it. I also recently started a TFSA so we'll see if that helps.

As for a house, it's really a long-shot as of now, but I'd be ecstatic if I could bypass the renting stage and go to buying right off the bat. It would definitely take a few years of living at home and working full-time though.

Retirement. Will have my mortgage paid off in 7 years (39 years old). Bought our house 10 years ago in Manitoba, so no need to upgrade home as it's already plenty big enough with more than enough land.

So yeah, retirement,

Well, I'm half saving, half spending. I've been needing to save up to spend for my vacation to Europe in September, but then we'll be back to saving to add some diamonds around my wife's weeding band for our anniversary, and to replace our hardwood floors.

Retirement and a house. I've also got to pay off my student loans debt once I graduate, but it's not much so that won't take too long.

I started my RRSP when I was 19, which will hopefully pay off, though I don't have much going in it. I also recently started a TFSA so we'll see if that helps.

As for a house, it's really a long-shot as of now, but I'd be ecstatic if I could bypass the renting stage and go to buying right off the bat. It would definitely take a few years of living at home and working full-time though.

Good thinking. Maybe ask your parents to help you with a down payment and while you're living at home, you can rent out the apartment to help pay the maintenance and mortgage. Van prices for condos seem still attainable; non-strata real estate, on the other hand, not so much..

Archived