The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adidas to start making NHL jerseys in 2017-18 season

The Hornet

Not that I'm a big Soccer fan, but there's a lot of money there...

2 of the top 4 are Soccer:

http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

Course...there's something wrong with that list, no Hockey players...I guess Forbes thinks about Hockey the way you think about Soccer. ;)

That's some seriously crazy money. I know soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but I had no idea their contracts were that huge.

Ads on NHL jerseys would be a travesty in my opinion.

Adidas has just put a lot of money out there.

$200M For James Harden

And

$70M a year for NHL

I am guessing jersey prices are going to go up now as well since Reebok would only pay $35M a year...

I think the key is going to be keeping it tasteful.

Maybe this will pave the way for some incremental design changes to the Canucks jersey. I think that the Stick in Rink logo has been in the marketplace long enough for a good portion of the fan base to identify with it as the primary logo. Revert to the Spaghetti Skate as the alternate logo/color scheme and you're good.

I'd keep the color scheme for the current jersey's the same. I just want the goddamned Orca and the ridiculous VANCOUVER wording removed.

Regarding ads, I think small shoulder based badges, or ones that fit elsewhere near the bottom of the jersey might not be too bad.

Yes well said I hope this gets us new jerseys #StickinRink #NOMOREORCA

That's not exactly a Disney logo though. It's pretty different. All they did is use a design that happened to come from a Disney movie.

It's a stretch to call it a corporate logo, but it certainly has the commercial tie in. In the very least if you'd be ashamed to wear corporate sponsors on your jersey, you'd probably have been at least unhappy to end up wearing that minor league monstrosity (among others).

It's a stretch to call it a corporate logo, but it certainly has the commercial tie in. In the very least if you'd be ashamed to wear corporate sponsors on your jersey, you'd probably have been at least unhappy to end up wearing that minor league monstrosity (among others).

fisherman.jpg

We could go on and on about just plain bad jersey's, but I don't think they actually had any High Liner corporate tie ins.

Highliner.png

The Orca would have been a better example of the corporate logo aspect, although not really a monstrosity.

• 1 year later...

Archived