The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban | D

X-Man

wow, this went to $&!#, didnt realize we had to hate on Subban so much. better buy him out eh

I guess the recently signed 5m Spurgeon who is the exact height as Subban would have something to say about the hate. Last I checked Minnesota doesnt have any D close to Pedan or Tryamkin who could protect Subbie

Their stats are very close, only difference I see so far is Spurgeon got called up to the nhl during his 1st Ahl season

I hope they keep Subban around and call him up one day, he still has things to learn and will only improve so much  in certain areas but lets be real he just turned 21, doing well offensively in his first pro year, and is a +1 so far in Utica

People need to calm down, lower expectations but also not exceed expecations. Lets see how this plays out, maybe he makes the nhl maybe he is moved at the draft in a trade who knows....

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

If you can't hurt people you shouldn't be a defensemen. 

That is my closing argument. 

a good work ethic and strong determination can go a long way to making it in the nhl, even for the height restricted players 

4 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

oh I believe he is a 100 percent right, but trading our for prospect with potiental for a another project player or a 2 way guy is really not going to help us. I rather have Subban be a bust and not make the NHL, atleast then we don't have the what ifs?

You're a Subban fan, but would rather him be a bust and not make the NHL, than the Canucks trading him for a better asset.

Check.

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

If you can't hurt people you shouldn't be a defensemen. 

That is my closing argument. 

Wtf. Tell that to Karlsson or guys like Brodie. 

Subban looks promising for a 4th round pick. Stop hating. 

43 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Still doesn't make him a dman  

Why did minnesota pay Jared spurgeon 5m plus and why do they use him as a top 4 or top pairing D man? They dont lack nhl D on their team. He must have done something to earn that? Im sure there are games where he doesnt look the greatest out their or gets manhandled

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

The stupidity lay in the insane expectations of this elf we call a defensemen.

He couldn't even defend his wallet.

If I saw him walking down the street I would take is wallet and push him down to the ground. I know from what I have seen, I would not be challenged in any type of struggle physically. 

When did this become WWF....FFS....

Just ignore this crap Jordan, if you are reading this, you just do the job and keep improving...the loud mouths will pass out soon....

4 hours ago, Yotes said:

Why did minnesota pay Jared spurgeon 5m plus and why do they use him as a top 4 or top pairing D man? They dont lack nhl D on their team. He must have done something to earn that? Im sure there are games where he doesnt look the greatest out their or gets manhandled

When the Wild actually do something in the playoffs I will tip my cap to you sir.

The point I'm trying to get across is with the very, very few exceptions in the history of the NHL excluded. Tiny Dmen can't handle the physicality of a playoff run. 

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

When did this become WWF....FFS....

Just ignore this crap Jordan, if you are reading this, you just do the job and keep improving...the loud mouths will pass out soon....

Jordan, if you are reading this please give up playing hockey. You are much more suited to be a horse jockey. 

20 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Jordan Subban is by far the most overrated prospect in the history of this organization. 

You obviously weren't around for the Fedor Fedorov era then.

Steve Kariya was also a fun six months.

I'm pretty sure Kiril Koltsov is just an opportunity away from a 40 goal season.

Kids been improving all year long. I don't doubt with the right defensive partner he will succeed in the NHL. As he gets older he'll get stronger and smarter while using his positioning, agility, and an active stick to overcome his height deficiency. I don't see any reason he wont be a more offensive Biega. 

Another very strong game for Jordan today. Very exciting prospect. Even the Marlies fans like watching him play. 

He has such great speed and vision. Also very good at getting the puck through, and doesn't seem to get caught out of position or make terrible mistakes like a lot of offensive defenseman. He is very quick to get back into the play. 

Strong on his skates. He isn't a physical player but he isn't soft and doesn't get overmatched physically.

I could see him being a decent two-way defenseman like Jared Spurgeon vs an offense-only defenseman like MA Bergeron. 

Archived