The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban | D

X-Man

6 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

I know, I heard from a buddy who went to Secondary School with him that he's dumb as a pile of rocks. 

No you don't

Or we'd have heard about it a dozen times in between your unique race baiting comments about why he got drafted in the first place

My hope is that Subban will be packaged and sent to another team and some point this season. He is not going to crack the canucks roster and does not appear to be in any of their near-mid term plans. I think its best that the two parties go their separate ways sort of like Rodin.. Its been long enough to know its just not going to work out with Vancouver, maybe another franchise but not the Canucks. 

On 11/27/2017 at 7:42 AM, Warhippy said:

No you don't

Or we'd have heard about it a dozen times in between your unique race baiting comments about why he got drafted in the first place

You mean "No you didn't"

It was a joke and I was making fun of how the poster said "his IQ" instead of "his hockey IQ". HIs post basically made it sound like he was calling Jordan Subban an idiot. He may or may not be, I don't know.

Also I'm not sure why you are bringing up the race issue when I vehemently dropped it (I was forced to). I never said he got drafted because of his race, he was drafted because of his last name, being PK's brother. Go Home WH.

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Subban is snake bitten right now but he has 33 shots on goal, 5th on the team and 1st among defensemen. The kid has talent and he's getting better defensively. I think there is still some value to him. I'd like to see the big club's D get more shots on goal.

You're the first person I've heard say he is actually getting better defensively, care to elaborate?

3 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

You're the first person I've heard say he is actually getting better defensively, care to elaborate?

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.    Agreed.  

This should be good.  

The kid has been a healthy scratch album load this year.   

Watch some games. Many defensemen have been healthy scratches this season on Utica because of the excess amount of them.

16 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Watch some games. Many defensemen have been healthy scratches this season on Utica because of the excess amount of them.

I get the Utica package every year, and watch every game.  

He has shown zero improvement this year.  

Maybe even taken a step back.  

11 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Says the guy who has a 6000/3000 ratio.....well done!

11 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

:lol:

My stats are actually a lot lower once you adjust for posting era, thread starts, and forum deployment.

I have sometimes wondered why there isn't more discussion of reputation points. Obviously both Rob Zepp and Sid are high value posters. I especially appreciate the way Sid keeps tabs on the prospects. Sid seems to do the job of a full-time (or at least part-time) Canuck scout in addition to his regular job.

But of course reputation points should be taken with a grain of salt -- or maybe with a pint of beer as with the new reputation icon.  I appreciate the posters with negative reputations like @Horvats_Big_Head who are willing to take unpopular positions  -- positions with an anti-home bias -- and not worry about reputation points.

But, if we are thinking about the best way to think about reputation points, maybe absolute differential (reputation points minus posts) is a good stat -- kind of like plus/minus. Somehow I feel like Sid's differential of about 3000 means more than someone who has 10 reputation points after 4 posts of amusing gifs.

I do have one suggestion for the reputation system. I think the Canucks should subsidize a fund that will allow CDC posters to cash in "hydration" reputation points for actual beer at Canuck games. One for one might be a bit generous. How about 10 to 1? Anyone from the Canuck marketing department should feel free to borrow this suggestion.

15 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Didn't Subban get hurt before last nights game in the previous one?  Pretty sure Philip Holm got hurt too, saw a tweet on Utica's twitter feed said at one point, they were down to 4 Dmen.

edit.

Likely happened when Subban fought Stephen Gionta.

Subban was injured a few minutes before Holm was Friday night.  Not related to the fight but rather a shoulder injury after a slew foot.  The Baby Islanders were the dirtiest team I've seen in a while.

Archived