The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban | D

X-Man

What do you think the future holds for Jordan Subban? He seems to have the potential to develop into a PP quarterback, and has a great shot with good mobility, but I'm a little concerned about his low assists totals (25 g, 27 a last season).

did you not just quote forum rules in the Boeser thread....

how about going and posting your Jordan Subban comments in the Jordan Subban Thread. ;)

What do you think the future holds for Jordan Subban? He seems to have the potential to develop into a PP quarterback, and has a great shot with good mobility, but I'm a little concerned about his low assists totals (25 g, 27 a last season).

Hard to get a lot of assists when the second highest scoring player gets 20 goals. He tied the league lead for goals by defenseman. Would have likely scored 70 points if on a decent team.

Jordan has potential and may have a growth spurt yet to come...

I still think he might work work with Hutton, both real fast and pushy, they would both have to learn how to be responsible when the other is pushing the puck though...

I'd prefer we pair them both with more responsible guys. Though we could pair them on the 1st PP.

In the short-medium term we still need a young, right side #1D (or at least a good #2) PDQ. I think short term Edler-Subban could make an excellent 2nd pair in a couple/few years. But we're going to need replacements for him (and Tanev) soon. Brisebois might fill the second pair spot once we put Edler out to pasture but we still need someone to replace Tanev (who should be 2nd pair anyway IMO) in our 1st pair.

In a few years:

Hutton, Tanev

Edler, Subban

After that:

Hutton, XXXX

Brisebois, Subban

Then you have rest of our prospects etc to fill in the bottom pair/spare slots. Here's hoping we can find 'Mr. X' (and that Hutton, Subban and Brisebois all reach their ceiling's) :unsure:

We have a hefty thread on this subject.

As for Subban, no one knows. I see him as a John Liles type player. Good offensively, not so great defensively, but could have a decent run do to going hot once every couple of seasons.

I don't really know much, other than watching him play on TV. It would be just what we need, if his game translates to th NHL. I know a lot of smaller guy's games don't, but maybe this time it's our turn to get lucky with a mid round D-man?

About Subban's size.

My immediate thought is of J.C. Tremblay, 5'11" and 170 pounds. A key QB for many Habs CUPs and later for the WHA Nordiques.

One of my greatest regrets was that he was not able to play in the 1974 WHA-Russia series. Regrets because I was able to go. I

got to talk with Houle who regreted going to the WHA but had to because of the money offered. I suspect Tremblay was the same.

As a small d-man Tremblay excelled in a tough 6 team NHL. There is every possibility that Subban can do the same.

About Subban's size.

My immediate thought is of J.C. Tremblay, 5'11" and 170 pounds. A key QB for many Habs CUPs and later for the WHA Nordiques.

One of my greatest regrets was that he was not able to play in the 1974 WHA-Russia series. Regrets because I was able to go. I

got to talk with Houle who regreted going to the WHA but had to because of the money offered. I suspect Tremblay was the same.

As a small d-man Tremblay excelled in a tough 6 team NHL. There is every possibility that Subban can do the same.

I remember Tremblay was known for the high bouncing dump-in too. Do you think Benning drafted a couple of big tough guys to protect our smaller guys, like Subban?

I remember Tremblay was known for the high bouncing dump-in too. Do you think Benning drafted a couple of big tough guys to protect our smaller guys, like Subban?

Never forget Tremblay's loob shot from his own blue line that bounced in front of the tender and went in. He did it frequently.

The change in the Canuck culture appears to be on going and I agree to some extent a effort to protect smaller and less aggressive

players. Not unique to Subban but as much a reaction as to what other teams are doing as well. Long overdue IMHO.

Archived