The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban | D

X-Man

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

I have no idea what everyone's rush is? Taking our time on an undersized, still developing D man who won't require waivers until after next season and with a fairly crowded NHL blue line and generally crappy NHL team is exactly what they should be doing. 

Calling him up, before he's ready, on a crappy team that would be worse at helping mask/shelter his deficiencies, against tougher competition... is precisely how you ruin guys.

It is in no way a reflection of them not 'liking' or valuing him. 

Like I said the conversion to forward needs to be a serious conversation. If the Canucks can persuade him his puck skills and skating and shot plus his Offensive awareness is best utilized as a wing.

The Canucks MIGHT have something there to work with a crowded blue line corps.

If he says to them that he dresses to change position. They can play him next year all year in Utica and then trade him before he is subject to waivers.

Benning I thought when he called up McEney too a shot at Subban saying they called McEney up because HE was the best d on Utica.

Insuiating a team that is desperate for offensive d men doesn't care about Subban and his goals and points.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Benning I thought when he called up McEney too a shot at Subban saying they called McEney up because HE was the best d on Utica.

Insuiating a team that is desperate for offensive d men doesn't care about Subban and his goals and points.

McEneny at that point WAS the best D man in Utica and had, if I recall, been putting up more points than Subban while playing better defensively ahead of that call up.

Just now, J.R. said:

McEneny at that point WAS the best D man in Utica and had, if I recall, been putting up more points than Subban while playing better defensively ahead of that call up.

To me it seems they don't want Subban getting cocky that he is putting up numbers. They clearly care more about him sacrificing his defensive okay to get points.

It's just like when Goldy blew the zone to score his 1 and only breakaway goal.

If though it was a good outcome Willie isn't like his risk taking. I'm sure that is the same with Subban.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

To me it seems they don't want Subban getting cocky that he is putting up numbers. They clearly care more about him sacrificing his defensive okay to get points.

If though it was a good outcome Willie isn't like his risk taking. I'm sure that is the same with Subban.

McEneny was outplaying him and every other D in Utica. That's why he got the call up.

It has nothing to do with a bunch of made up, emotional, fan 'theories'.

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

McEneny was outplaying him and every other D in Utica. That's why he got the call up.

It has nothing to do with a bunch of made up, emotional, fan 'theories'.

The rumors are out there that this management group doesn't like cocky players Shinkaruk,Subban,McCann, Virtanen all haven't worked out yet.

Jury still out on Subban and Virtanen and Goldobin.

Its just something to keep in mind when you look at opportunity and which guys get theres in relation to others.

7 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The rumors are out there that this management group doesn't like cocky players Shinkaruk,Subban,McCann, Virtanen all haven't worked out yet.

Its just something to keep in mind when you look at opportunity and which guys get theres in relation to others.

That's why they drafted Virtanen and recently traded for Goldobin?

They traded Shink because they didn't see his game translating to the NHL. All of this exists only in your mind.

19 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

not letting Subban play is racist!! 

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

No that was sarcasm. Trying to use American liberal logic. haha- maybe its not so funny!

Racism isn't a joke. :mellow:

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

McEneny and Subban aren't even close.  Mac has been just as good offensively in the 2nd half of the season and is a very good defender.  Subban is a poor defender, even in the AHL.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Like I said the conversion to forward needs to be a serious conversation. If the Canucks can persuade him his puck skills and skating and shot plus his Offensive awareness is best utilized as a wing.

The Canucks MIGHT have something there to work with a crowded blue line corps.

If he says to them that he dresses to change position. They can play him next year all year in Utica and then trade him before he is subject to waivers.

But, as has been said his pros as an offensive defenceman stem from his ability to carry up the ice and then walk the blueline. His skills don't necessarily translate to becoming a winger playing the half-wall or crashing the net. It's been covered and quoted a few times, but not everyone has seen it clearly.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

No, they don't like one dimensional players.  Virt is not in that category, I have zero doubts that Utica was the plan for Jake all along.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Maybe you should stop looking at their attitude, and look at their play. Even more than that, look at how they've reacted to opportunity compared to others. That's why they haven't had more opportunity, and in the case of the teams that traded for Shink and McCann it's also a clear indicator it's more than just attitude.

1 hour ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

You can't just pick and choose what is and isn't funny. Everything has the potential to be made fun of in good humor. 

That is, unless you're a liberal snowflake cuck. 

I didn't pick and choose. No one laughed because it's not funny.

14 hours ago, J.R. said:

I have no idea what everyone's rush is? Taking our time on an undersized, still developing D man who won't require waivers until after next season and with a fairly crowded NHL blue line and generally crappy NHL team is exactly what they should be doing. 

Calling him up, before he's ready, on a crappy team that would be worse at helping mask/shelter his deficiencies, against tougher competition... is precisely how you ruin guys.

It is in no way a reflection of them not 'liking' or valuing him. 

I've said in this thread, that this isn't a case where Subban is a highly touted prospect, who needs to be developed properly. No one is expecting him to have a successful NHL career. You need to roll the dice on him, and see if he can be a contributor on the PP. Something this team desperately need. Case in point, tonight. Where the team had a 4 minute powerplay, playing against the worst PK team in the league, and had nothing to show for. Strictly play him on the powerplay, if you have to. 

Archived