The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Video] All Playoff Overtime Goals in Canucks History

Crackers

I thought this was worth sharing. Brings back a lot of good memories for sure, but 94 and 11 still haunt me in the end.

Things I noticed:

I love how Adams and Burrows showed up a lot. True warriors.

The twins also showed up on most of the goals from 2002 on. And some people on here have the nerve to say that they don't perform in the playoffs!

GO CANUCKS GO! :canucks:

How was there not a penalty for hooking on Bure's goal. The Calgary player even fell down due to him trying to hook Bure so hard.

It is crazy to see how the 94 team made it so far knowing that the dressing room was so divided with the whole Linden vs Bure feud.

It's crazy watching old games. NHL Network puts on notable games in history each summer, and it is incredible how things have changed from a penalty standpoint. Especially worse when it was only 1 ref out there, but the officiating guidelines have changed with the game.

Thanks, OP. Lots of fun

Some of those gave me goosebumps when rewatching them. Burrows goal against Boston... What a clutch guy he is. Always came up big when it mattered. That goal made me convinced that we would win the Stanley Cup. Painful thinking about the next 5 games after...

How was there not a penalty for hooking on Bure's goal. The Calgary player even fell down due to him trying to hook Bure so hard.

It is crazy to see how the 94 team made it so far knowing that the dressing room was so divided with the whole Linden vs Bure feud.

What? That's news to me.

Lots of fun moments in there. It would be so much sweeter though if just one of those playoffs resulted in a championship. It's all bittersweet at this point.

Hey thanks for posting your thoughts. Have you ever thought of FLorida? Maybe for a nice sunny vacay? I hear this time of the year is great for the sulking heart; like a boost to the soul.

I do thank the OP for sharing a video that paints a portrait of beautiful moments in mine and others' lives. Moments of invincible belief in something.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

What is there to say and what greater challenge to the young guys in the organization: "If you can beat us, you deserve the minutes".

After having seen this video, I think Burrows should run his contract and then sign another one with Vancouver. He's the type a team wins with when all is on the line as proven by the above video.

Unlike Kesler and Bieksa, Burrows does have a stake in staying with the Canucks as he is to this day, best fit for the Sedins, having gone so far as to dethrone Vrbata as the go-to-guy for the job. Vrbata was signed to play with the Sedins.

Great stuff.

Absolutely incredible. I didn't now Colin Campbell played for us... Its a shame he helped fix the 2011 final but I guess family comes first.

Wow the courtnall goals... Man I wish I saw this guy play.

Hanks vs Detroit... First one I saw live. David vs Goliath... What a feeling it was.

Forgot about the barbarian goal! Lol...

The 2011 goals - I'll never forget where I was and how high I felt. Seeing Kevin score it again just brings up so much emotion and tears me apart.

Not upset seeing the 2011 Burr goal... I know who won the cup that year.

What feud?

I thought it was well known that Bure and Linden didn't get along. There were lots and lots of rumours that one of the reason Bure wanted out of town was because he didn't like Linden.

There is this video (I think it was on Coach's Corner) where Bure scored a goal and as Linden was coming in to congratulate Bure, Bure basically ignored him and pushed him aside. I think Ron McLean wanted to get Don Cherry to comment on the so called feud heading into the playoff. McLean basically said that it doesn't look good for the Canucks heading into the playoff when the two best players are at odds with each other.

Looking back at the video, you noticed that when Linden scored the OT winner in game 6, even though Bure was on the ice, he was no where near the celebration of Linden. And when Bure scored the OT winnder in game 7, Linden was skating along side Bure but never really celebrated with him.

I don't know, over the course of the past twenty years, stories come out saying those two never really got along.

Love the uneducated fans who always say the Sedins disappear in the playoffs, yet this highlight packaged is littered w. Their magic. Where's the great Linden or Naslund Bertuzzi Bure??

Burrows is the most clutch player in our team history.

Also I was unaware Geoff Courtnall wore number 10 before Pavel

Archived