Shinkaruk - McCann - Virtanen

Gaunce - Cassels - Zhukenov

Valk - LaBate - Fox

Stewart - Petit

Hutton - Subban

Brisebois - Sautner

Cederholm - Neill

McEneny, Olsen

I'm not going to write in any goaltender until it's confirmed.

Anyone know if Morrison is going to play for Calgary in this tourney? V good unheralded pickup for them IMO.

Connor?

McDavid doesn't scare you. The dude could play at half speed and still be the best player on the ice in a touney like this.

We have Cassels for that. Seriously though Nurse is terrifying. We have seen what the Oilers do to purely offensive players, and that's ruin them. Nurse exists to hurt people, and plays super competitively; I am scared of what he will become.

We have the weakest prospect pool out in the tournie

Nah. Just because we don't have the flashy names like McDavid, Bennett, or Ehlers doesn't mean we don't have a good group.

These guys will be trying to score highlight reel goals while our guys take the puck away and shut them down. Our speed and two way game should be top notch.

= No Cup Ever. Tank Envy Nation.

If only we had finished one spot lower and drafted Dal Colle instead of Virtanen, then we'd get our cup...

Drafting top 5 doesn't guarantee you anything. Yes there's lots of examples of teams that have won with top 5 picks in their lineup, but there's also lots of examples of teams that haven't.

Tampa has drafted top 3 three times in the last 7 years and they haven't been guaranteed anything. One trip to the dance with nothing to show for it.

Shinkaruk - McCann - Valk

Stewart - Cassels - Virtanen

Gaunce - Labate - Fox

Pettit - Zhukenov

Brisebois - Hutton

McEneny - Subban

Sautner - Neill

Cederholm - Olson

In no order of playing time, just the lines that I think would look good together. I'm excited for the tournament !

Sexy lineup. Subban should be on the left side though.

Am I a bad person for wanting Bennett and McDavid to collide and have career ending injuries?

Yup.

But no worries, Virtanen can deal with 18 year old Sam Bennett while Cassels continues to dominate McDavid.

I REALLY like our prospect pool; besides not having that one STUD like the other teams have, we've got a good crop of excellent, passionate young players (not to mention Horvat who's already graduated).

We have Cassels for that. Seriously though Nurse is terrifying. We have seen what the Oilers do to purely offensive players, and that's ruin them. Nurse exists to hurt people, and plays super competitively; I am scared of what he will become.

Im sick of this cassels thing. Many of you are over thinking it.

Connor had 7pts in 6 games against oshawa. Thats quite alot. Over ppg in the playoffs against the eventual memorial cup champion. Also to note that Connor had a 4 point game in that series.

Fear him now. And set your expectations a little lower for cassels. If not you'll be disappointed.

Connor had 7pts in 6 games against oshawa. Thats quite alot. Over ppg in the playoffs against the eventual memorial cup champion. Also to note that Connor had a 4 point game in that series.

Fear him now. And set your expectations a little lower for cassels. If not you'll be disappointed.

Lets not completely discount Cassels play, and a lot of those points in the series McJesus got if I remember correctly were power play pts or pts were cassels was not on the ice.

However it was the whole team that shut down Mcdavid and like goose has said by shut down meens not letting him get over 2PPG..

I have had low expectations since we drafted him and he continues to surprise and impress me I will enjoy that trend to continue :)

I watched the series which I thought was 5 games not 6.

Cassels: came out of the series 2nd in OHL playoff scoring at 21 points in 31 games. 12 points in 5 games against the Otters. I

Give the entire team credit for their defensive game against McDavid but Cassels was the leader of that group without doubt.

On Oshawa ice McDavid managed 1 assist in 3 games. The entire Otter team managed 2 goals in the 3rd period for the series.

The significance of the Oshawa home ice stats is of course that was the opportunity to match Cassels against McDavid directly.

Also consider that Cassels played this series while injured.

Without doubt McDavid was dominated by the Oshawa group. Cassels was a huge part of that effort. We don't know how well he will transition to the NHL but from what I saw one has to be very optimistic. He does not have Horvat's size but he does think the

game at the same high level IMHO. I will be stunned if he is not a Canuck team leader in the future.

How many of those points was Cassels on the ice for? ;)

Without that 4 point game he would have had 3 points in 6 games and Cassels had 8 points in those same 6 games so Cole still wins the series for them.

Archived