The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grantland Article: The Heavyweight Belt of NHL Rivalries

The Ducks and Hawks are developing quite the rivalry in recent years. Obviously the Habs-Bruins have had some serious hate for a long time but Montreal is now pulling away a bit from Boston.

I think the Calgary-Vancouver rivalry is going to heat up again. It went from Naslund vs Iginla to a bit of a quiet spell while the Canucks crushed the Flames, but now the Flames are back and better than us.

The Ducks and Hawks are developing quite the rivalry in recent years. Obviously the Habs-Bruins have had some serious hate for a long time but Montreal is now pulling away a bit from Boston.

I think the Calgary-Vancouver rivalry is going to heat up again. It went from Naslund vs Iginla to a bit of a quiet spell while the Canucks crushed the Flames, but now the Flames are back and better than us.

One fluke playoff win doesn't make the Flames better than us sorry.

There was nothing flukey about that win. The Canucks absolutely collapsed in game 6. That said, I still don't think that the flames are better than us.

I disagree.

Unless they have a rash of injuries, the Flames are easily equal or superior in terms of forward depth, defense, and even goaltending.

This doesn't guarantee that they will finish ahead of Vancouver for sure, but I would say they are on their way up, where the Canucks are most likely going to take a step back this season.

That was nice to see Blackhawks-Canucks get a shout out in there. I miss that rivalry. Sure, the games we play against the Blackhawks are always pretty intense but there just isn't the same bad blood there anymore.

To be honest, regardless of how many players move... I think any time you have Daniel and Duncan attempted murderer Keith on the ice in the sake game. It'll always boil my blood. Nothing better than canucks vs hawks hockey.

Not to mention we humiliate them each time we play.

To be honest, regardless of how many players move... I think any time you have Daniel and Duncan attempted murderer Keith on the ice in the sake game. It'll always boil my blood. Nothing better than canucks vs hawks hockey.

Not to mention we humiliate them each time we play.

You betcha! We beat them a couple times in regular season games, they still go on to win Stanley Cups. Yeah, we the best!

Archived