The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Buf

To Buf Higgins,Hansen & Corrado

To Van Ristolainen & 2nd or 3rd rd 2016

This frees up some cap would also follow suit with Benning adding size 6'4 right shot 116 hits 136 blocked shots last season

Sign Glencross 1yr 3.5

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Glencross/Sutter/Burrows

Baertschi/Horvat/Vey

Kenins/Prust/Dorsett

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Ristolainen

Sbisa/Weber

Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

I wish we could get that deal done.

Just like Edmonton could've wanted Horvat for Purcell, Korpikoski and David Musil before they got Leon and Connor.

Replaceable in-between (2nd/ 3rd line) wingers and depth defender for blue-chipper. Not the savviest.

Sabres are planning to build around their top youth and our vets don't add value to them.

A Trade between Buffalo and Vancouver would be more like

To Vancouver: Jake McCabe

To Buffalo: Brendan Gaunce

Sabres would not Trade a future number 1 D man like Ristolainen when they just shipped Zadorov to Colorado. Pysyk would be the easiest of their young defensmean to get, but I would seriously want McCabe, always loved his play. Sabres get a forward that fits the mold of players they've acquired over the past three years in Eichel, E. Kane, R. O'Reilly, Girgensons, N. Deslauriers and J. Bailey. Adds to a prospect pool/young group on the wings that was weakened by sending out Hodgson (played both wings during his time as a Sabre), B. Lemieux, Armia, and Grigorenko who is now on the wing.

This.

Gaunce fits Bennings meet and potatoes, two-way leadership style probably more than any other teams mold out there.

I see Guance's value really rising, especially after his fabulous two way play, and huge goal scoring in the playoff run. He might be worth a lot more than people think?

I'm not going to comment on the silly op proposal, but you guys know that Lemieux isn't Sabres property anymore, right? His dad, Claude Lemiex, who is also his agent, kept throwing giant hissy fits because his son didn't make it to the NHL right away, so the Sabres traded him to the Jets in the Evander Kane trade.

Claude Lemieux has always been and always will be a jackass.

That is like us trading horvat for legwand, McCormick and a 2nd. No disrespect but this is just such an unrealistic trade.

You're a bit off, Higgins is better than Legwand now that Legwand is declining, and Hansen is 3x the player of McCormick. More like...

Tanev and a 2nd for J. McGinn, J. Larsson, and Chad Ruhwedel

You're a bit off, Higgins is better than Legwand now that Legwand is declining, and Hansen is 3x the player of McCormick. More like...

True but you understand my premise of a team not trading a top young player for bottom six forwards

The only 2 things that the Sabres are looking for right now are a young left handed d-man and a couple of good NHL ready wingmen.

Archived