The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver---Islanders

Dragyn

You have a very biased view of the value of our prospects. Lol Jensen and grenier are nothing in this deal. They are giving up topend talent in Dal Colle and Nelson who's already a great young player... Shinkaruk CAN be good one day but his odds are so slim.

Has Dal Colle played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Has Shinkaruk played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Equal. Has Grenier played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Has Nelson, Hamhuis, and even Jensen played in the NHL? Yes. It's not biased or outrageous what I'm saying.

Shinkaruk, Grenier, AND Jensen for Dal Colle? Wake up. Dal Colle hasn't touched the show and Jensen has while Shinkaruk and Grenier id rather have over Dal Colle. BENNING said Grenier impressed him the most. Hamhuis is worth Nelson. Maybe we'd have to add a pick but come on.

Has Dal Colle played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Has Shinkaruk played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Equal. Has Grenier played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Has Nelson, Hamhuis, and even Jensen played in the NHL? Yes. It's not biased or outrageous what I'm saying.

Shinkaruk, Grenier, AND Jensen for Dal Colle? Wake up. Dal Colle hasn't touched the show and Jensen has while Shinkaruk and Grenier id rather have over Dal Colle. BENNING said Grenier impressed him the most. Hamhuis is worth Nelson. Maybe we'd have to add a pick but come on.

OK so the issue is you don't even know what makes a player valuable....

In the interest of keeping things equal using the above logic, I propose

1. Shinkaruk (0 NHL games) to Edmonton for McDavid (0 NHL games) even up,

2. MacKenzie Stewart (0 NHL games) to NYI for dal Colle (0 NHL games) even up,

3. Grenier (0 NHL games) to Buffalo for Eichel (0 NHL games) even up,

4. Gaunce (0 NHL games) to Anaheim for Shea Theodore (0 NHL games even up and

5. Sautner (0 NHL games) to Washington for Madison Bowey (0 NHL games) even up.

I was going to suggest Jensen for McDavid but Jensen has played NHL games so that would be unfair to the Canucks.

This is fun-rebuilding-oops, I mean retooling-is easy!

In the interest of keeping things equal using the above logic, I propose

1. Shinkaruk (0 NHL games) to Edmonton for McDavid (0 NHL games) even up,

2. MacKenzie Stewart (0 NHL games) to NYI for dal Colle (0 NHL games) even up,

3. Grenier (0 NHL games) to Buffalo for Eichel (0 NHL games) even up,

4. Gaunce (0 NHL games) to Anaheim for Shea Theodore (0 NHL games even up and

5. Sautner (0 NHL games) to Washington for Madison Bowey (0 NHL games) even up.

I was going to suggest Jensen for McDavid but Jensen has played NHL games so that would be unfair to the Canucks.

This is fun-rebuilding-oops, I mean retooling-is easy!

OK so the issue is you don't even know what makes a player valuable....

I mentioned four young wingers who all have top six upside and only one has NHL experience. Then I said our GM was impressed the most by one (Grenier), and you act all smug. I know more then you

Did I go that extent? I mentioned Shinkaruk, Dal Colle, Grenier, and Jensen.

You also said:

"Has Dal Colle played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Has Shinkaruk played one game in the NHL yet? NO. Equal."

Since the argument was about relative values of players, to me, those words seem to be saying that players who have played no NHL games are equal.

The point I'm making is that when discussing the relative value of prospects, the number of games played in the NHL is not the determining factor. The fact that Shinkaruk, Grenier and dal Colle have each played 0 NHL games doesn't mean they have equal value as prospects.

I think that your point was intended to be that neither dal Colle nor Shinkaruk has played in the NHL so they are just prospects with equal contributions in the NHL. However, it avoids arguing the value of the players, their accomplishments at their respective levels and their strengths and weaknesses completely.

Did I go that extent? I mentioned Shinkaruk, Dal Colle, Grenier, and Jensen. And tyhee you don't think Gaunce equals Theodore? You apparently know nothing about value.

Gaunce equals Theodore?! Hahaha ! I'm sorry but defenseman are harder to develop and especially harder obtain through trade. So when you have a defenseman like Theodore, a player with lots of potential, he is very valuable.

He could probably be categorized in the A level prospects, whereas Gaunce unfortunately comes in the C or low B ranking. Gaunce is a great player, don't get me wrong, but definitely nowhere as valuable as Theodore.

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch.

Hey boys try to have some fun, LOL, I would guess 99 % of these pie in the sky ideas are never even close, but nice to pipe-dream.

Hey Elvis15, I will learn how to format it a bit better, Thanx.

Hey Alfives, Shinkaruk is 21 in Oct. 5'10" Drafted 24th overall, pretty good junior numbers.

Dal Colle just turned 19, 6'3" Drafted 5th overall, good numbers only to get better.

Hey Cripplereh, your probably right , neither team likes!

Hey Tyhee------ Now that's funny stuff !!

Hey Z Hockey, It was Jensen OR Grenier, Jensen is on his last try, NHL experience or not, Grenier

still a maybe, Still like Dal Colle a lot more than Shinkaruk & Jensen . Also still really

like Nelson, I don't want to fall into the insane or moron category so I will spend a week

in Penticton to educate myself, drink in hand though!!! I sort of think Tyhee, Elvis15 &

cyoung are a lot better judges of talent than most, So try to have some fun, LOL....

I mentioned four young wingers who all have top six upside and only one has NHL experience. Then I said our GM was impressed the most by one (Grenier), and you act all smug. I know more then you

Good Lord man lol

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch.

Hey boys try to have some fun, LOL, I would guess 99 % of these pie in the sky ideas are never even close, but nice to pipe-dream.

Hey Elvis15, I will learn how to format it a bit better, Thanx.

Hey Alfives, Shinkaruk is 21 in Oct. 5'10" Drafted 24th overall, pretty good junior numbers.

Dal Colle just turned 19, 6'3" Drafted 5th overall, good numbers only to get better.

Hey Cripplereh, your probably right , neither team likes!

Hey Tyhee------ Now that's funny stuff !!

Hey Z Hockey, It was Jensen OR Grenier, Jensen is on his last try, NHL experience or not, Grenier

still a maybe, Still like Dal Colle a lot more than Shinkaruk & Jensen . Also still really

like Nelson, I don't want to fall into the insane or moron category so I will spend a week

in Penticton to educate myself, drink in hand though!!! I sort of think Tyhee, Elvis15 &

cyoung are a lot better judges of talent than most, So try to have some fun, LOL....

enjoy Penticton. remember to cheer for our guys to do well, not for you points to be supported:)

99 posts, so close to 100 before he went completely off the rails...

No point debating with him, logic is not a factor in his thought process.

Where did you come up with this? My point was fairly reasonable, you're now judging people. Speak to me about hockey logic when you can skate. Get a grip on yourself buddy

Where did you come up with this? My point was fairly reasonable, you're now judging people. Speak to me about hockey logic when you can skate. Get a grip on yourself buddy

Welcome to the Canuck's forum. Your points are reasonable. I disagree with some aspects (I have never been a Shinkaruk fan) but your posts do make me see things differently. I accept that Your valuation of players may turn out to be the correct one. I have no trouble at all accepting views, which differ from mine, as better, when they make sense. Thank you for the insight.

You are welcome. Why post on a Canuck's forum, if you are not a fan of the team?

I am a Canucks fan, I'm going there to cheer our prospects on, always take in 10 or so games, don't know where you got the idea I was not a Canucks fan, would like to see our team improved in a few areas but will still be cheering them on win or lose. All I said was "I promise I'll cheer for all the Canuck prospects & only Canuck prospects. Thanx buddy"... I thought that was pretty straight forward.....................Anyways that's where that is at, have a good one.

Archived