(effective 11/26/15)

To New Jersey nj_zps8umhhvkl.jpg: James Neal, Viktor Stalberg
To San Jose sj_zpsvtif7pve.jpg: Marcus Johansson, Patrick Maroon
(effective 11/27/15)

To Florida flo_zpshy7rdo70.jpg: Jonathan Bernier, Marcus Johansson
To San Jose sj_zpsvtif7pve.jpg: Petr Mrazek, Steve Ott
(effective 11/27/15)

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Isn't there an NHL rule against trading a guy you claimed on waivers? Doesn't apply here?

From wikipedia:

If the player is picked up by another NHL club on waivers, the player must be placed on waivers again before a further trade or loan can take place.

We don't have a rule in place stating that. A quick read of the rules might help you find that out....I mean, I know that's the last thing most GMs in this league do....You know, reading the rules before asking a questing...and then post the questions in the thread instead of pming them.

You're all forcing me to be a grumpy old man and I like it. It's fun. 

I was under the impression we were using NHL waiver rules as it was stated at some point in the thread but I'm not going page by page to find it.

I hadn't realised the league had its own rules. I think the OP deserves a re-read on my part.

10 minutes ago, BaerOxHitman said:

I was under the impression we were using NHL waiver rules as it was stated at some point in the thread but I'm not going page by page to find it.

I hadn't realised the league had its own rules. I think the OP deserves a re-read on my part.

Funny you remember a small detail like that but don't the bazillion times I have asked you to send private messages instead of asking questions in the thread etc. Quite the mystery actually.

The NHL rules are quite complicated and intricate. The only way to have a fair level playing field is to have basic rules, that are stated for everyone to view. Including this as a rule is a possibility, and if you want to send me a private message stating a rule proposal, it can be discussed between the commissioners and duly implemented. 

mylawnlarge2.jpg

:) All good though man. Love the enthusiasm. 

6 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Funny you remember a small detail like that but don't the bazillion times I have asked you to send private messages instead of asking questions in the thread etc. Quite the mystery actually.

mylawnlarge2.jpg

:) All good though man. Love the enthusiasm. 

If I can be a snarky bastard one more time, I wasn't actually the original person who asked the question, I was trying to solve it!

5 minutes ago, BaerOxHitman said:

If I can be a snarky bastard one more time, I wasn't actually the original person who asked the question, I was trying to solve it!

Then why did you answer the below post?

22 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

We don't have a rule in place stating that. A quick read of the rules might help you find that out....I mean, I know that's the last thing most GMs in this league do....You know, reading the rules before asking a questing...and then post the questions in the thread instead of pming them.

You're all forcing me to be a grumpy old man and I like it. It's fun. 

It's all good man. You aren't stressing me out. I don't have any stress, I'm just a carrier. Like I said, this is fun. I get to pretend to be a grumpy old man. That's what I wanted to be when I was younger, a grumpy old man who gets mad at everyone and everything. It's a recipe for a healthy, happy life. ;)

lol. I feel sorry for the GMs who are sick of reading my grumpy old man posts to be honest. This is a hockey league, not Dr Phil/Judge Judy. 

10 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

I have Domi on my team in another league. Huge surprise. In the preseason he looked undersized and I didn't really notice him. 

I knew he had a high skill level but I didn't think he would adapt so well and so fast to the NHL!

Him and Eich are gonna be huge for me moving forward.

0122-min09a-logo.png?token=w9qib9B3JSb8X

Minnesota Wild Quarterly Report

Fantasy Points: 1518

The Wild currently sit 3rd in the league, and first in their division, sending a strong message around the league that they are here to compete.

Many players have come and gone, but it seems our roster has found some stability.

Jeff Carter: A

Coming out of the gate as Minnesota's top scorer, Carter has blown all expectations out of the water. He has proven he can contribute night in and night out. He currently sits with 134.5 fantasy points.

Vladimir Tarasenko: A

Tarasenko is on pace for over a point per game with 24 points in 23 ggames It was no mistake when I took him in the first round. Looks like he's still improving, too. 125.75 fantasy points puts him second on my team.

Johnny Boychuck: A

My team's top defensive scorer, he isn't the most offensive defenseman with 10 points in 23 games, but boy can he hit. 64 hits, 51 blocks is what makes him valuable. At 121 fpts he sits 3rd in team scoring.

Alex Goligoski: A-

A similar player to Boychuck, Alex earns his keep with 38 hits and 50 blocks. His 6 goals so far don't hurt either. 95 fpts make him 4th on the team and 2nd for defensemen.

Karl Alzner: A-

Here is where we see a pattern. Big hitters earning big points. At only $2.8M and 5th in team scoring, Karl might be the best contract on the team. 90 fpts for him.

Nick Foligno: B

He's started off slow and his team is paying for it. Who knows where we would be if he was in the same form as last year. Still, he can produce at a second line level.

Tyler Bozak: B+

Injuries held Tyler out for about 4 or 5 games, but his 14 points in 19 games are an impressive start. If he keeps this up, he could earn the favour of GM Baer.

Blake Comeau: C+

Blake is a steady bottom 6 presence who seems to have shaken his slump. 9 points in 22 games isn't as good as last year but does resemble his career numbers.

Mark Stuart: C+

Taken for his stay-at-home style of play, Stuart currently leads the team with 67 hits. His punishing play is only one part of his game, he also brings leadership, being that he wears an A on his sweater.

Alex Petrovic: C+

Aquired in a trade with Buffalo, Alex has become a mainstay on the back end. The Stuart-Petrovic combo might be one of the hardest hitting pairings in the NHL. As he continues to work out his offensive game, he will continue to become an important piece on our roster.

Andrew Ladd: B+

Recently aquired Andrew Ladd has earned the Wild 3.83 fpts/gm since joining the team. 8 points in 13 games is good production but you can't count out his 28 hits in that span.

Kyle Chipchura: C+

At the begining of the season, I considered waiving Chipchura. I'm glad I didn't. He stole the third line centre position in Minnesota and hasn't looked back. A physical player who can chip in a few points as well, Kyle was one of our last picks from the fantasy draft.

Ron Hainsey: C

Injuries left a hole on the back end and Hainsey has filled it nicely. 4 points since being aquired by the Wild plus 15 hits and 27 blocks for 2.9 fpts/gm proves he's more than just waiver trash.

Ryan White: C

Let's face it. He's a goon. He's already got a couple fights and loads of hits, but got injured and has been out for a while now. Still a pleasant surprise though.

Kevin Connauton: C+

Young defenseman still learning the ropes. Being able to send him up and down freely creates a lot of flexibility. He's still looking for his first goal as a Wild.

Matt Read: C-

Former 20 goal scorer has been a disappointment and may seem him lose his roster spot all together.

Brendan Saad: B+

With 6 points in 8 games since being acquired, Saad has been a nice addition to my offense.

Bobby Farnham: B-

Signed as a free agent, Farnham has been a mainstay on the Wild's fourth line. With a few fights and points already, he's proven his worth as a fantasy asset. His league minimum contract is just icing on the cake.

David Pastrnak: B-

Injured early on, his 4 points in 10 games don't look promising, but I think he'll come back stronger than ever.

Jonas Hiller, Jhonas Enroth, Darcy Kuemper: C

Not much has come from the trio yet, but it's still early, and the injury to Hiller did not help one bit.

Hartford Mariners Report Card:

Radek Faksa: A

Andreas Martinsen: A

Zach Trotman: A

Erik Gustafsson: A-

Barclay Goodrow: B-

Jordan Martinook: C+

Anton Slepyshev: C

Taylor Leier: C

Borna Rendulic: C-

On 8/22/2015, 12:04:14, Drewismyname said:

Cap Relieved Players

Reveal hidden contents

Travis Moen (COL) - 50% Cap Retained by Winnipeg in trade (2015/10/3).

Torey Krug (PHI) - 50% Cap Retained by Columbus in trade (2015/10/5). 

Michael Frolik (ANA) - 50% Cap Retained by Arizona in trade (2015/11/29). Will resume contract of $4,300,000 AAV EXP 2020, at the start of the 2016 season.

Re-Signed Players

We cannot add sequential contracts to Fantrax. The following are players who have re-signed past their current contracts.

Reveal hidden contents

Anaheim
Sean Monahan
2 Years, $4,500,000 AAV. 

Arizona
Elias Lindholm
3 Years, $4,000,000 AAV.

Detroit
Brent Seabrook
6 Years, $7,000,000 AAV. 

Montreal

Ryan O'Reilly
2 years, $5,500,000 AAV. 

Nashville
Radim Vrbata
2 years $4,000,000 AAV. - .

Colton Sceviour
3 years $1,000,000 AAV. - 

New York Rangers
Marcus Foligno
2 Years, $2,000,000 AAV. 

Jori Lehtera
2 Years, $3,700,000 AAV. 

San Jose
Kris Russell
4 years $4,000,000 AAV

Vancouver
Anze Kopitar
8 Years, $9,800,000 AAV. 
Keith Yandle
6 Years, $6,250,000 AAV.

Winnipeg
Mark Giordano
5 Years, $7,000,000 AAV. 

Tomas Plekanec
2 Years, $6,000,000 AAV.

GMs please note:

As there is currently no function in fantrax to have different contract amounts in subsequent contract years, players who have parts of their cap hits retained for select years of their contract will be listed in the post following the OP.

Also a reminder that it isn't solely up to the commissioners to remove cap retention penalties after you recall your buried cap eligible players from the minors. If you recall a player who had given your team a cap hit when they were in the AHL, it is your responsibility to send a PM to me to have it removed. The reasoning behind this again is because there is no way to have fantrax remove the cap hits pending a certain action and since you have the ability to recall your players at will and are not required to announce it, we have no other way to know. 

I have manually removed a few of the cap hits already as I noticed them randomly, but, I will remind you that it is your own responsibility.

Another note:

We have had some confusion about waiver rules. Please follow the listed rules (in the op). If there is any confusion we will always refer to them. Do not assume the rules are exactly like the NHL, as we try to be as real as possible, but sometimes mirroring them to a tee is a bit too complicated for a casual no money hockey league. 

Please PM myself or another commissioner for clarifications on rules and we will do our best to help you sort out your confusions. If you have a suggestion for a rule amendment I am always open to that, if you follow the correct procedure and send it to myself or another commissioner in a private message. Posting in the thread will inevitably summon Clint Eastwood, or any other grumpy old man caricature I may find amusing to use at the time to respond to your gross stupidity and/or immature trolling ;):)

I cannot stress enough how much fun this league has been and how much I have learnt in the process of setting it up and continuing it's existence. 

Reports coming from Arizona that GM thejazz97 loves having the organizational depth he has. To some it was unclear what Jazz was doing after trading away big names such as Ryan Getzlaf, Craig Anderson, Keith Yandle, Jonathan Huberdeau, or just recently Michael Frolik, but as the Coyotes currently sit at 3rd in the division with a handful of potential young superstars and a bevy of picks at their disposal, maybe some of his moves weren't so bad after all.

15 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

So proud of our Rookie Chris Wagner for scoring two goals in two games!  Erik Karlsson doing his best Alex Edler impression. 

Dude... Great dman make mistakes. The reason edler stands out is because he's been our work horse year in year out. When a guy is on the ice that long, you notice him 100x more because he's always on. Bad bounces happen. 

If you were a fan of ANY team, I guarantee you would hate their #1 dman. Dallas you would hate klingberg, or Chicago u would hate Seabrook and Keith. Ottawa... Karlsson... MTL suban and so on. Great dman make mistakes often because they're always on the ice. It's nature of the position. Generally the more a dman plays , the more gaffes. 

There's a reason every coach we have rides edler (even the torts year) . He's great. He's not a stud #1 (hence his amazing cap hit) but he's a great top pairing guy.

Archived