The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stamkos. Any hope in hell? [Discussion]

If signing Stammer, and not just Lucic, next off-season is the master plan from Master Benning and he accomplishes it, then all will be forgiven for this off-season and for any veteran salary shedding needed.

However, if Benning has another of these moments, may God help him and may He help us all :frantic:

I think he'll walk, he's barely a second liner these days. Even if the Canucks got him he'd be behind Henrik and foundation piece so what's the point?

Not to mention Bo's development would be wrecked with Stammer causing a logjam at centre. And the money he'd want. Wouldn't make much sense at all to get him tbh at this point.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those situations where a team catastrophically loses a star, negotiations with Stamkos have not happened at all yet and talk about it is dead in the water. We don't need him with our Center depth or the cap hit he would cost,

Henrik, Horvat/B. Sutter (2-3), Vey, Cassels, McCann, Friesen, Labate

But Tampa must give him what he asks, he's a good person and will play and ask honestly for what he's worth. Especially for a guy who hit 60 goals. They will move out a forward or two to make room if the have too, they also will have some cap room with Coburn a pending UFA. But they also need to re-sign guys like Kucherov who is due for a massive raise from his current below 1 Mil cap hit, could get sticky in Tampa.

This is probably about how much it will be. Term as well.

I wonder if the owners have a good idea of what future revenues will be? They must, one would expect. With our dollar so low, can revenues really climb that much over the next eight years to cover a crazy big number, and still be able to fill out a competitive roster? Was this the last season that Kane and Towes win a Cup, because of this? I wonder what team, that really wants to win, would truly pay Stamkos? I don't don't see the Leafs in on that big of a cap hit, so I don't see him going there.

Archived