The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stamkos. Any hope in hell? [Discussion]

Stamkos appeared at a Jays practice.

This means he will be signing in TO.

Babcock took the job in TO knowing Stammer is going to be a FA.

TB coach Cooper dissed Stammer in the finals by hardly playing him.

Let the speculation begin! :emot-parrot:

BTW I do not think Vancouver is held in high regard amongst players who are Free Agents. The last big one we got was Messier....jajajjajjajajjaja

When are there ever "big" free agents? Maybe 1 or 2 a year that get lots of attention? Last "big" free agent in my books was Hossa back in '09.

When are there ever "big" free agents? Maybe 1 or 2 a year that get lots of attention? Last "big" free agent in my books was Hossa back in '09.

Yea this is what I mean by "big" free agents, the chances a superstar in his prime becomes available on the open market are slim to none, which further decreases our chances of obtaining one.

I would have said Miller as Jazz alluded to, but he is no longer in his prime years. Sundin, well he played for about half a year then bounced, not much time as a canuck.

If Stammer ever hit the open market, I doubt we would have a shot even if we offered max money and everything else. Big market teams like NY, Chicago Detroit always seem to win out in FA sweepstakes.

Stamkos appeared at a Jays practice.

This means he will be signing in TO.

Babcock took the job in TO knowing Stammer is going to be a FA.

TB coach Cooper dissed Stammer in the finals by hardly playing him.

Let the speculation begin! :emot-parrot:

BTW I do not think Vancouver is held in high regard amongst players who are Free Agents. The last big one we got was Messier....jajajjajjajajjaja

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA We have got Sundin, Hamhuis,Miller and many others so wake up and smell the coffee!As for Stammer he might go to toronto just for the money,but if he wants a cup he won't go there and stay put or goto a contender something like what Hossa did!!I say if he doesn't stay put he will go win a cup with a 2 to 3 year deal and next contract go to another winner to win a cup and stay put!!!

Does that even count? It took half a season just to convince him to come here and get paid $125,000 per game and not even make an impact.

Of course it counts. The Sedins and Kesler are who they are as players in great part because of Sundin's influence.

Maybe we can make a deal for him before he hits the market?

Dump some salary via trades for picks.

To Vancouver

-Stamkos

-Tampa Bay 2016 2nd rd pick

To Tampa

- Raymond

- Ballard

- 2016 1st rd pick

I just dont get how you want to give up our entire future for stamkos, a guy who cant score in the finals? :bigblush:

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA We have got Sundin, Hamhuis,Miller and many others so wake up and smell the coffee!As for Stammer he might go to toronto just for the money,but if he wants a cup he won't go there and stay put or goto a contender something like what Hossa did!!I say if he doesn't stay put he will go win a cup with a 2 to 3 year deal and next contract go to another winner to win a cup and stay put!!!

You could have replaced Vancouver with Carolina and Sundin would have signed with them if they offered them the money we did.

It's a lot easier to attract the free agents stars when you are a good team. Vancouver WAS desirable, now unless the player is originally from BC like someone like Hamhuis or Lucic, or has family here, it's just playing on a team fighiting to make the playoffs, for fans who are the second most critical in the league.

Wheres the appeal in that?

I think it's more likely that the Jagr zygote we acquired in the fall of '96 is finally ready to come to maturity..

Ok, Minister, it's time for me to bow down before you and admit that this is flying way over my head.

Holden? Semak? Vaic? Does the use of "zygote" suggest we should be looking at a combination of players-or possibly does it mean you're saying we acquired Virtanen in the fall of '96, when he was born? Or would someone born 9 months later, so a fetus in the fall of '96, be more appropriate?

I qive up. Who did you mean?

Archived