The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What rules would you change?

Rubik

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Automatic penalty for lifting the puck over the glass in the defensive zone.

I hate how it leads to so many 5-3 power-plays.

I would keep the rule, but change the penalty for it.

I think it could be a good rule, if treated like icing. No line change, face-off in your own zone.

I'd remove the trapezoid and change the penalty for the over-the-boards delay of game. Over-the-boards delay of game could just be defensive zone face-off and no line change. Either that or just introduce 1-minute penalties for that sort of thing. A 2-minute minor just seems too extreme.

Also, I'd prefer OT to be 4-on-4 for 10 minutes, then the rest as it is now (with a shootout). Less shootouts that way and they retain some novelty.

Get rid of the 3rd man in rule and let the players do their jobs. Make a goalie fair game if they roam outside their crease especially when they skate behind the net and run interference. I could live with removing the trapezoid as long as a goalie becomes fair game if he is playing the puck.

I do not like the penalty for 'unintentionally' shooting the puck over the glass.

Automatic ejection from the game for a player that jabs someone when he is on the bench. If they are on the bench they shouldn't be punching a player on the ice.

There should also be clear guidelines as to what constitutes a late hit (time it in seconds) instead of a ref just deciding that it is a late hit today but not tomorrow. (see Rome hit....still pissed at that call)

I would also like to see the refs call a penalty for things like when Sedin was punched in the face a few times and the ref just stood there because it was the playoffs. Either that or let our guys beat the crap out of the offender and no penalty call.

No major rules need to be changed if there were more consistency from ref to ref and from game to game. Even within the same game something is a penalty in the first or second period, but not in the third or OT. If something is a penalty, then call it. Follow the rules for all players and all teams. I get tired of hearing that a penalty is called on someone because of their reputation or the type of player they are (or have been). Look at the way Burrows gets crap for repeating something on camera that a ref said during a game...not exactly fair and impartial officiating.

Get rid of the 3rd man in rule and let the players do their jobs. Make a goalie fair game if they roam outside their crease especially when they skate behind the net and run interference. I could live with removing the trapezoid as long as a goalie becomes fair game if he is playing the puck.

I do not like the penalty for 'unintentionally' shooting the puck over the glass.

Automatic ejection from the game for a player that jabs someone when he is on the bench. If they are on the bench they shouldn't be punching a player on the ice.

There should also be clear guidelines as to what constitutes a late hit (time it in seconds) instead of a ref just deciding that it is a late hit today but not tomorrow. (see Rome hit....still pissed at that call)

Agreed

Archived