The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Shea Weber

We all know how weak the Canucks D really is besides Edler/Tanev there really isnt anything there anymore especially with Hamhuis probably going at the deadline, We have never really had a top Defense men and every year the trade Weber rumors come up.

But give it some thought hes 30 has more then enough good years left if im not mistaken he has 10 years left on his contract and with Josi having the year that he did and young D like Jones and Ellis wouldnt it make sense to move Weber? He's from BC and going to cost alot to bring him home I just wanted to hear your guys opinions on it.

I know it sounds ridiculous but weirder things have happened.

If Vrbata and Hamhuis get traded at the deadline thats 9.25m in cap Lucic would probably want 6 to 6.5m the most sense would to also move Burrows which would open up a top 6 spot for possibly Shinkaruk in the 2017 season.

#BringWeberHome

Possible trading chips:

Picks

Hamhuis

Vrbata

Burrows

Gaunce

Jensen

tell me whatcha think

Nashville has forked out a lot of cash to keep Weber on his front loaded contract. Unless you can find a way to let them recuperate some of that money, they wont be moving Weber on the relatively cheaper years of his contract. Since you cannot trade cash under the current CBA I doubt a Weber trade is realistic or feasible.

I can think of a proposal that is worth Weber and Nashville would bite too, timing has to be right though.

OFF-SEASON

To Vancouver: Shea Weber-(10-15% retained)

(Conditional) pick 2017 or 2018

To Nashville: Vey

Y. Weber

B. Gaunce

B. Hutton or Cederholm

1st 2017

2nd 2017

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-UFA/Trade/Cassels/McCann-Dorsett

Kenins

S. Weber-Edler

Sbisa-Tanev <--- Maybe Hamhuis

Bartkowski-Corrado

F. Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal

C. Wilson-Fisher-C Smith

Fiala-Jarnkrok-Hodgson

G. Bourque-Vey-Sissons

B. Gaunce/Arvidsson/Salomaki/A. Watson

R. Ellis-S. Jones

Y. Weber-Josi

Ekholm-Jackman

Bartley

I can think of a proposal that is worth Weber and Nashville would bite too, timing has to be right though.

OFF-SEASON

Y. Weber

B. Gaunce

B. Hutton or Cederholm

1st 2017

2nd 2017

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Kenins

S. Weber-Edler

Bartkowski-Corrado

F. Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal

C. Wilson-Fisher-C Smith

Fiala-Jarnkrok-Hodgson

G. Bourque-Vey-Sissons

R. Ellis-S. Jones

Y. Weber-Josi

Ekholm-Jackman

Bartley

HAHAHAHA Funniest quality vs quantity proposal I've seen yet. The best part was where you had Nadhville retaining salary and giving up a pick for that collection of crappy assets

None of those guys you proposed would even be in the discussion, it will start with Horvat+ and pretty well ruin our prospect cupboard.

I would say if you were ready to consider a package of Horvat plus Virtanen and a first round pick then you would be able to get them to listen to yur offer. It would take more, but that would get their attention. A package of failed prospects won't do that, everyone has a long list of busts.

Man, I hope Canucks players never read CDC lmao

Look. Guys like Hamhuis and Vrbata are good players but hold no value in a trade proposal for someone like Weber. They're both on the wrong side of 30 and are upcoming UFA's. Vey is a questionable 4th line centre (a dime a dozen) Jensen is venturing pretty far into bust territory. Gaunce is a decent prospect but hardly carries the "wow" factor. That leaves the picks.

OFF-SEASON

Y. Weber

B. Gaunce

B. Hutton or Cederholm

1st 2017

2nd 2017

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Kenins

S. Weber-Edler

Bartkowski-Corrado

F. Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal

C. Wilson-Fisher-C Smith

Fiala-Jarnkrok-Hodgson

G. Bourque-Vey-Sissons

R. Ellis-S. Jones

Y. Weber-Josi

Ekholm-Jackman

Bartley

So a 4th line/extra forward, a bottom pair/#7 D man, Gaunce, two low-end defense prospects and a couple late picks for arguably the best defenceman in the game? That wouldn't even go through in NHL 15 with trade difficulty on easy.

Look. Guys like Hamhuis and Vrbata are good players but hold no value in a trade proposal for someone like Weber. They're both on the wrong side of 30 and are upcoming UFA's. Vey is a questionable 4th line centre (a dime a dozen) Jensen is venturing pretty far into bust territory. Gaunce is a decent prospect but hardly carries the "wow" factor. That leaves the picks.

How does that respond to Tortorella's statement about hoping the players don't read CDC?

Archived