The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

I am interested to hear which companies are focusing on using the hemp as well for other manufacturing. Have any of the big marijuana companies expressed any interest in this?

I've also heard of a company called Micron Waste Technologies. It is a small cap company, but focusing on using organic methods to break down waste, and has apparently brought forth a technique to break down cannabis waste to Aurora. Does anyone have any insight on this company? I haven't had a chance to do any reading myself, but if they have some sort of IP this could be a valuable company in future!

Edited by Hobble

1 hour ago, Hobble said:

Major positions in Canopy, Aurora and Aphria, and a minor position in Delta9 (local Winnipeg company).

Tempting not to cash in when you see >100% profits in some positions, but I think all those companies will see some major growth.

I don't see how some people are cashing out before we even get the first revenues generated. Canada is only the 1st (or rather 2nd) milestone, as the world will slowly progress to more commercialization of marijuana!

Totally agree, I'm in ACB for the long haul.

Once recreational is legal, I can see the next big driver being legit edibles....more specifically THC beverages. I hear Labatt is developing, locally Bomber brewing is looking into it. I spoke with a friend that has already had some crappy THC infused wine in the states.

I think a 6pk with each can containing about 15mg of THC, tasting like ginger ale ( or any pop etc)....no hang over, no smell....yep, once they get the food safe, red tape etc figured out... $$$$$$$$$. Massive, massive industry ahead.  

• Cheers 1

I've been in my pot stocks from their sub-$5 share days and my strategy with them was/is "invest and forget". 

I'll probably (hoping to, actually) cash out in a few years to boost my down payment amount on the next house.

I don't know why people are cashing out either (unless they're daily traders trying to sell on the upswing and buy on the dips). You don't invest in a house and sell it after the "coming soon" signs go up.

8 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I am debating selling almost everything save my pot stocks. Trump is hitting the markets hard.

Won't be long before I look for the tallest building to plummet off of, like those guys during the 30s. NASDAQ in a straight free fall and probably my portfolio too. Some of my biggest winners to this point are getting obliterated because of that asshole. 

33 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Watching my shares plummet whilst watching Trumps speech on tariffs.

Ughh... hope my financial investors saw this coming, conveniently I have a meeting with them this afternoon lol

40 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Thank god the nasdaq bounced back today, only until Pussy Grabber in Chief opens his mouth and says something publicly about trade wars again.

Made almost $2000 from my investepedia simulator account, just today.

Was looking bleak yesterday. I wonder if the markets will develop a callous towards this yo-yo, Dotard influenced economy

"Recent reports from Bloomberg as well as from The Motley Fool have indicated that interest within the alcohol industry for additional cannabis-related tie-ups may only just be underway, with companies such as Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB) reportedly in talks with Molson Coors Brewing Co.  (TSX:TPX.B)(NYSE:TAP) to pursue cannabis-infused beverages as early as this year."

https://www.fool.ca/2018/06/27/why-aurora-cannabis-inc-tsxacb-is-likely-going-to-be-the-company-to-turn-on-the-tap-with-molson-coors-tsxtpx-b/

I'm buying more ACB.