The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

On 12/2/2017 at 9:51 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

On Monday I hope to get an account set up with my bank so I can begin trading stocks like you fine folks. I really haven’t researched much of anything yet and expect it to be a bit of fun, so long as I don’t go too crazy! 

Is pot pot still all the rage?

Second behind Bitcoin I guess. The only thing Ill warn you about this sector is that its insanely volatile.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Really tempted to sell aphria and aurora today .. would 4x my investment on both.

But do I want to sell at $20 and regret it when everyone is selling at $30?

If you need the money sell that's a great return for sure.. wish I had more $ to invest in MJ stocks.  I'm in about 10 or 11 ones 

9 minutes ago, Dittohead said:

If you need the money sell that's a great return for sure.. wish I had more $ to invest in MJ stocks.  I'm in about 10 or 11 ones 

I don't need the money, if I sold now the money would just sit in my account and I'd look elsewhere to invest it. 

I just don't want to miss the peak (which I understand is the hardest part about the stock game)

On 12/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, Vanisleryan said:

Second behind Bitcoin I guess. The only thing Ill warn you about this sector is that its insanely volatile.  

Hey Vanisleryan what is your take on the current tear of the MJ stocks. I, like others, am pretty tempted to sell my acb and mjn holdings. They have basically 5x what i originally invested.

I sold everything yesterday.... Its insane.... Im up 1000% now over past 18 mos... I prefer to go into New Years weekend holding cash. You might have noticed today had a huge drop and is now rising again.... Might drop again in the final hour... Its just really risky stuff. Always be happy about locking in profits is how I go about it. There will always be lots of opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Really tempted to sell aphria and aurora today .. would 4x my investment on both.

But do I want to sell at $20 and regret it when everyone is selling at $30?

No one says you have to sell it all.You could sell enough to recoup your initial investment.Sell  some more later when your sell price doubles.

Edited by Hard_As_Ice

On 12/29/2017 at 12:21 PM, Vanisleryan said:

I sold everything yesterday.... Its insane.... Im up 1000% now over past 18 mos... I prefer to go into New Years weekend holding cash. You might have noticed today had a huge drop and is now rising again.... Might drop again in the final hour... Its just really risky stuff. Always be happy about locking in profits is how I go about it. There will always be lots of opportunities. 

I sold a good portion of my Canopy stocks on Thursday as well. Two consecutive days with massive returns. I was expecting a sell off after hitting the $30 mark but it recovered quite nicely by the end of Friday. 

22 hours ago, themcdeal said:

I sold a good portion of my Canopy stocks on Thursday as well. Two consecutive days with massive returns. I was expecting a sell off after hitting the $30 mark but it recovered quite nicely by the end of Friday. 

Yeah I know its getting crazy. These market caps are out of hand. Im just momentum trading for now. Selling the gap up every morning and buying some dips during the day for small profits... I know I'm missing out on some gains but it feels alot safer holding alot of cash if the bottom falls out. Ive done really well over the past 20 months so I cant complain if I miss some gains here and there.