The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

10 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I'm starting to think all of this stuff about massive government debt and endless money printing doesn't matter when it comes to the U.S. specifically. I'm wondering if it has to do with anything with the USD being the world's reserve currency? 

The world economy is essentially pegged to the U.S. I'm sure that comes with some perks, and I'm wondering if running up endless debt without any repercussions is one of them. 

Short answer is yes, long and very detailed explanation see @nuckin_futz

• Cheers 1

If someone gave you 1K to invest in any 1 stock, and you get 30 days after which you keep any profit you make and return the 1k (or what’s left of it if you lose on your bet) , which stock are you hedging your bet on? 

Rules: 

Only 1 stock, and only two trades (1 buy, 1 sell). You can buy once at any point in the next 30 days and sell once in the next 30 days)

No penalty or repercussion if you lose the 1k 

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If someone gave you 1K to invest in any 1 stock, and you get 30 days after which you keep any profit you make and return the 1k (or what’s left of it if you lose on your bet) , which stock are you hedging your bet on? 

Rules: 

Only 1 stock, and only two trades (1 buy, 1 sell). You can buy once at any point in the next 30 days and sell once in the next 30 days)

No penalty or repercussion if you lose the 1k 

Hmmm.. Probably MARK, rumours they have the contracts for all the thermal imaging in basically all of Las Vegas. If it’s true stock could hit $20+ instantly. People are waiting on any sort of PR confirmation.

Edited by AriGold2.0

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Now THAT is actually an interesting thought.

The Swiss have some of the strictest and most observable banking and economic practices on the planet for a democratic nation.  This is not to say they haven't been a tax haven for ever, but more that you're right.  That they would based on the value of their laws and currency be a viable option

I wasn't suggesting the Swiss franc could replace the USD as the scale isn't there. I just find it interesting that they manipulate their currency by buying foreign assets. Being #8 in the world for a country that size is impressive to me. I often wonder how a resource based country like Canada can build a sovereign wealth fund that invests in support of a national industrial strategy. It would be almost impossible to prevent political interference but the national security need is there. Like Norway I view the energy industry as the cash cow that would fund such an effort. Bring some of the crew from the CPP to frame it out.     

11 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I will tell you guys right now.. If we have a red day tomorrow, which I fully expect and we get any bad news in the world on the US long weekend This may happen..

The pattern is almost exact from Jan 2018 and Oct 2018.. Bull Trap in all its glory.. My cash is ready for it! (For the chart below I do believe we're at the "Return To Normal" phase)

(Chart directly below is SPY)

image.thumb.png.e266382c306a7f7f328c8dd4fdcf9469.png

The Great Bear Trap (Bull Trap) | Seeking Alpha

It will be interesting to see what happens... though with states opening up I don't see them reversing that decision. It would take something catastrophic for that to happen imo. Why? Because I think they know if they do shut down again the chart above will come to fruition in a violent fashion.

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Hmmm.. Probably MARK, rumours they have the contracts for all the thermal imaging in basically all of Las Vegas. If it’s true stock could hit $20+ instantly. People are waiting on any sort of PR confirmation.

How do you find these....up 17% today.

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

3 minutes ago, inane said:

I to want to know this.. it truly is AriGOLD! I saw the MARK comment and figured i'd check it out.. it was up 5% for the day at 1.96. I looked at the chart and it looked bullish.. the 5 day chart showed good support underneath so I thought why not throw a few hundred bucks in and see what happens... Now it is 2.20 and climbing!

But how do you hear of these companies?

4 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Bought into MARK a couple days back based off the owner tweets showing the product being installed everywhere. Rumors of a Wynn contract. 

• Cheers 1

I have 10,000 shares of BIOC at .435 

They have a conference on Tuesday or Wednesday with a major PR announcement apparently. At some point this coming week I’m expecting a .20+ rise.

Its catching heavy resistance at .50 but if it can get through watch out.

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I to want to know this.. it truly is AriGOLD! I saw the MARK comment and figured i'd check it out.. it was up 5% for the day at 1.96. I looked at the chart and it looked bullish.. the 5 day chart showed good support underneath so I thought why not throw a few hundred bucks in and see what happens... Now it is 2.20 and climbing!

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Bought into MARK a couple days back based off the owner tweets showing the product being installed everywhere. Rumors of a Wynn contract. 

FYI, I’m out at 2.33

Im not one to hang on too long and especially through a USA long weekend.

Ill take my $1000 profit and onto the next one.

2 hours ago, inane said:

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

There are a ton of people on Twitter who have been at this for years who puke out these tickers and trade ideas for free.

Take some time this weekend to search Twitter, and you'll find enough of them to keep you very informed. Just find whatever was the recent flavor of the day, for example SRNE and search for '#SRNE'. You'll find a ton of them. Won't take long to figure out who's worth following and who's not.

There are also some very good subscription based chat rooms available. Some of them are actually very good value for the money.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

There are a ton of people on Twitter who have been at this for years who puke out these tickers and trade ideas for free.

Take some time this weekend to search Twitter, and you'll find enough of them to keep you very informed. Just find whatever was the recent flavor of the day, for example SRNE and search for '#SRNE'. You'll find a ton of them. Won't take long to figure out who's worth following and who's not.

There are also some very good subscription based chat rooms available. Some of them are actually very good value for the money.

I have seen some, there's so much noise out there though....

7 minutes ago, inane said:

I have seen some, there's so much noise out there though....

Put the time in to find a few good ones then see who they follow. Anyone who knows what they are doing is not going to be following random yahoos. Once you select a few good ones, finding more good ones will be easy.

Just remember there is no such thing as a free lunch in markets and no short cuts.

Edited by nuckin_futz

50 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

FYI, I’m out at 2.33

Im not one to hang on too long and especially through a USA long weekend.

Ill take my $1000 profit and onto the next one.

I'll stay in because i only bought a few hundred worth as a lottery ticket.

2 hours ago, ThatPope said:

Anybody have any thoughts on SHRM? Seems like it could have similar potential to early pot stocks. Psychedelic meds are becoming more and more mainstream.

I don't know nothing about SHRM besides that they've been taking off and today they're dropping and I think NUMI is supposed to be a smaller version of SHRM.

I've been in and out of MMED often taking profits and it helps that on Neo exchange you can see the market depth. MMED is trickling down again which i'll be watching closely to get in real low.