AV's Coin

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

There are a ton of people on Twitter who have been at this for years who puke out these tickers and trade ideas for free.

Take some time this weekend to search Twitter, and you'll find enough of them to keep you very informed. Just find whatever was the recent flavor of the day, for example SRNE and search for '#SRNE'. You'll find a ton of them. Won't take long to figure out who's worth following and who's not.

There are also some very good subscription based chat rooms available. Some of them are actually very good value for the money.

Lol I bought in to SRNE at $4.48 a share last week when their run started.  I"m still holding simply based on their recent acquisition of adivertinib.  But...with a law firm now looking in to them I might take my merger winnings and run.

Edit*  I say that seeing that TD WebBroker refuses to allow me to sell based on a US holiday and I will have to call them....

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

There are a ton of people on Twitter who have been at this for years who puke out these tickers and trade ideas for free.

Take some time this weekend to search Twitter, and you'll find enough of them to keep you very informed. Just find whatever was the recent flavor of the day, for example SRNE and search for '#SRNE'. You'll find a ton of them. Won't take long to figure out who's worth following and who's not.

There are also some very good subscription based chat rooms available. Some of them are actually very good value for the money.

4 hours ago, inane said:

I have seen some, there's so much noise out there though....

Kind of like you are, I’m trying to avoid giving direct sources because some are horrifically bad. When I post something here it’s because I have done hours of DD. Read through filings, search the company and upcoming events, past PR reports etc. 

When I post something it means I have done all I can at that point and what I read checks out for a potential run. 

I think I’m batting %1000 right now which means a dud is coming up, lol.

If you guys want to know the crap that are on peoples watch lists this weekend then send me a PM.

Edited by AriGold2.0

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

If you guys want to know the crap that are on peoples watch lists this weekend then send me a PM.

Let's see what you're running there big shoots, pm away

Kind of like you are, I’m trying to avoid giving direct sources because some are horrifically bad. When I post something here it’s because I have done hours of DD. Read through filings, search the company and upcoming events, past PR reports etc. 

When I post something it means I have done all I can at that point and what I read checks out for a potential run. 

I think I’m batting %1000 right now which means a dud is coming up, lol.

Hit me up if ya got some goodies on the TSX and I may consider hiring you as my agent.

/Vinny Chase

9 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Hit me up if ya got some goodies on the TSX and I may consider hiring you as my agent.

/Vinny Chase

Sorry bud, I only trade USD..

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Sorry bud, I only trade USD..

vinny.gif

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Put the time in to find a few good ones then see who they follow. Anyone who knows what they are doing is not going to be following random yahoos. Once you select a few good ones, finding more good ones will be easy.

Just remember there is no such thing as a free lunch in markets and no short cuts.

It’s amazing that some of these “sources” have been peddling same nonsense stocks for years on end.

Motley fool with their “we are in for $521k in this one stock” crap, like come on, why is it always $521k, why not 750k?

Also if Cramer says buy, I stay far far away!

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s amazing that some of these “sources” have been peddling same nonsense stocks for years on end.

Motley fool with their “we are in for $521k in this one stock” crap, like come on, why is it always $521k, why not 750k?

Also if Cramer says buy, I stay far far away!

I hate motley fool 

“we reveal the stock that’s like getting in on amazon when it launched!” 

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What ever became of this guy?:

Wow. Thanks for that. Never forget the old VSE days. I had forgotten that was where Robert Freidland spent time. I made money off his IVN effort. 

• Hydration 1

The other day moderna market cap was almost 30b and they have no drugs on the market.

Valuation is based on potential in their pipeline.
Just as good as when Amarin was trading around $25, basically fish oil pill.

Oh boy... This one is going to absolutely rocket, I wish i had Pre-Market access through TD for Tuesday morning.

EVFM

A birth control gel that is the first non-hormonal contraceptive to win FDA approval in decades.

The approval came at 4:05pm EST on Friday so that's why the after hours only spike.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-fda-approves-evofem-biosciences-phexxi-lactic-acid-citric-acid-and-potassium-bitartrate-the-first-and-only-non-hormonal-prescription-gel-for-the-prevention-of-pregnancy-301064469.html

image.png.dda596b82951b88c432fa50f9e909a6d.png

51 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Oh boy... This one is going to absolutely rocket, I wish i had Pre-Market access through TD for Tuesday morning.

EVFM

A birth control gel that is the first non-hormonal contraceptive to win FDA approval in decades.

The approval came at 4:05pm EST on Friday so that's why the after hours only spike.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-fda-approves-evofem-biosciences-phexxi-lactic-acid-citric-acid-and-potassium-bitartrate-the-first-and-only-non-hormonal-prescription-gel-for-the-prevention-of-pregnancy-301064469.html

How much more can it go over and above the afterhours bump? I have pre-market access! 

1 hour ago, inane said:

How much more can it go over and above the afterhours bump? I have pre-market access! 

Publicity has been through the roof, almost every major publication has mentioned it.

I have seen $12-$45 projections. That's insanity even though the market projection is 400-500M by 2024.

I would say $14-$16 is fair evaluation. It's a day traders dream this week but once the dust settles it should coast around $14-$16 is my guess.

EVFM

Been watching this and a few others.  Infuriating TD doesn't allow trading after hours or weekends isn't it.

Missing out on $$$

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Been watching this and a few others.  Infuriating TD doesn't allow trading after hours or weekends isn't it.

Missing out on $$$

same here. I feel like if i jump on this tuesday morning ill be late to the party again like with VTIQ

Posted (edited)

Oh My God... $MARK..

Buy all dips.. Spend that money.. Remark may be a longterm hold, I'm going back in on Tuesday.

Imageimage.thumb.png.c31ef5c388f239a369860cdafb4b1c38.png

image.png.38dece1f84f2fa71b1c972928a371f5b.png

Edited by AriGold2.0