The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

Going to keep holding onto MARK, if it dips Tuesday I'll add even more. Up big here looking for bigger. Stop limits in place.  

Also looking at TMBR, XELA, BIOL for short-term trades.

Edited by Duodenum

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Damn! Where was the tip homie! :ph34r:

Didn’t do a ton of DD or digging, was a lotto play. Don’t want y’all to take a potential chance on something I post without doing all I can to eliminate risk.

Also, I chased, it dropped and I got left to hold the bag. It was a patients play then.

Edited by AriGold2.0

3 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Didn’t do a ton of DD or digging, was a lotto play. Don’t want y’all to take a potential chance on something I post without doing all I can to eliminate risk.

Also, I chased, it dropped and I got left to hold the bag. It was a patients play then.

same here! bought in at .46, was at .43 for what felt like forever but was probably only a week, sold the first time it went into the profit range.

I may not have the patience for this!

Edited by yoshiyoshi
meow

6 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Oh boy... This one is going to absolutely rocket, I wish i had Pre-Market access through TD for Tuesday morning.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Been watching this and a few others.  Infuriating TD doesn't allow trading after hours or weekends isn't it.

Missing out on $$$

I found it weird they don't. Took a look at their website and found this ...........

td.jpg

Said it before, will say it again. Don't put the cart before the horse. Take the time to learn the proper order types and how your platform works. It will save you a ton of money one day.

:)

Edited by nuckin_futz

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I found it weird they don't. Took a look at their website and found this ...........

td.jpg

Said it before, will say it again. Don't put the cart before the horse. Take the time to learn the proper order types and how your platform works. It will save you a ton of money one day.

I tried contacting them today but they're closed and will be contacting them tomorrow.  I'm starting to become more familiar with trading types and my platform but there's no allowance due to the US market being closed and the US holiday for trades via the US and that's something I need to figure out when I call them

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

td.jpg

Yea I can trade pre market with TD no problem. Y'all should be able to as well.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I tried contacting them today but they're closed and will be contacting them tomorrow.  I'm starting to become more familiar with trading types and my platform but there's no allowance due to the US market being closed and the US holiday for trades via the US and that's something I need to figure out when I call them

If it won't accept your order on the weekend it may be because you've tagged the order with the incorrect TIF (time in force) setting.

Just spit balling here but they may not accept a TIF of 'day' when the markets are closed. As a 'day' order is only good for the regular session and expires at the end of the day. Try changing the TIF to GTC (good til cancelled) that should accept. Even on a weekend you should be able to submit passive limit orders.

3 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Yea I can trade pre market with TD no problem. Y'all should be able to as well.

I'm trying, but it's just not working.  Always says the date entered is a holiday and I want out before Tuesday

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

If it won't accept your order on the weekend it may be because you've tagged the order with the incorrect TIF (time in force) setting.

Just spit balling here but they may not accept a TIF of 'day' when the markets are closed. As a 'day' order is only good for the regular session and expires at the end of the day. Try changing the TIF to GTC (good til cancelled) that should accept. Even on a weekend you should be able to submit passive limit orders.

for the good till, it will only accept market open Tuesday and that's too late.  Trying various configurations to work through it but so far nothing I am trying is allowing a sale prior to market open Tuesday because of the American holiday

34 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Why would you want to sell prior to market open? The difference between pre-market and after hours opposed to the regular session is night and day in terms of liquidity. Pre market and after hours can be (pardon my language) an absolute rape fest if you need tight spreads and liquidity. There is a reason MOO (market on open) and MOC (market on close) orders are so massive. It's because everyone who needs out, gets out out before market close when liquidity vanishes.

If you want an order to be eligible for extended hours you have to tag the order for extended hours. Some orders types are ineligible for extended hours.  Stop orders for example are not applicable in pre market or after hours. I am sure TD can help sort this all out.

I know they can but I'll need to speak to someone to figure it out, but they're not available on the weekends.

I just want to have the control over when/where I do my trading, still learning this platform but it appears to be quite limited in what it allows you to do in regards to trading.  Not being able to control when/.where you trade over other platforms seems a major drawback for such a large financial institution and I'd like to see if that's correctable.

Best case in point is SRNE.  I bought at a good price, I can still make $$ if I sell, but with reports of a lw firm looking in to them and their fortunes on a flat level vs an upward swing right now I see nothing but dip and little hope of much gain in the short term until they sort out the allegations against them.  I'd rather not be holding that stock when markets open in the US Tuesday, but I cannot get rid of it as of yet via TD seeming restrictions and I want to correct that

Edited by Warhippy

40 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I know they can but I'll need to speak to someone to figure it out, but they're not available on the weekends.

I just want to have the control over when/where I do my trading, still learning this platform but it appears to be quite limited in what it allows you to do in regards to trading.  Not being able to control when/.where you trade over other platforms seems a major drawback for such a large financial institution and I'd like to see if that's correctable.

Best case in point is SRNE.  I bought at a good price, I can still make $$ if I sell, but with reports of a lw firm looking in to them and their fortunes on a flat level vs an upward swing right now I see nothing but dip and little hope of much gain in the short term until they sort out the allegations against them.  I'd rather not be holding that stock when markets open in the US Tuesday, but I cannot get rid of it as of yet via TD seeming restrictions and I want to correct that

I am fairly certain you can do what you need to on your platform. Just need to get it sorted out properly.

If the news on SRNE is bad and you want out as fast as possible you can bet everyone else does too. You have to understand that in pre market the bid ask spreads can be huge. Prices can move big on little volume. It's nothing like the regular session. Once the clock strikes 6:30 am PST that's when market makers switch on their algos and the order books get populated.

Look at the screen shot I posted above. It looks like what you need to do is submit a GTEM instruction and it should be accepted. Once the platform is open for order submission. If that doesn't work I am out of ideas. Maybe come over to Interactive Brokers where you can trade whatever you want, whenever you want.

I want to add Uber to my hold portfolio (the one I don’t touch except to add to)

They’re currently at 34 and change per share.

Their lifetime max has been about 44 per share. 

I love the grub hub acquisition.

Looking for opinions on if 34 is a good entry point or if it’s too high.