AV's Coin

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I’m too chicken****....hence being a recent converter to the coach potato methodology.:lol:

I hear ya. I run a Coach Potato portfolio as one of my bench marks to measure my real portfolio against. When markets are good I beat it quite nicely but I am still down 

0.5% since the 'big drop'. I like doing the research on stocks but a Couch Potato approach is simple and not time consuming. I actually switched my wife's TFSA to 

VBAL with a touch of ZZZD (20%). That held up really well during the down turn. 

I have a lot of capital gain in my account so the feds changing the capital gain tax will really nail me. I am taking profits in anticipation of that happening. It is either that or leave it for the kids to deal with. :wub:

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I hear ya. I run a Coach Potato portfolio as one of my bench marks to measure my real portfolio against. When markets are good I beat it quite nicely but I am still down 

0.5% since the 'big drop'. I like doing the research on stocks but a Couch Potato approach is simple and not time consuming. I actually switched my wife's TFSA to 

VBAL with a touch of ZZZD (20%). That held up really well during the down turn. 

I have a lot of capital gain in my account so the feds changing the capital gain tax will really nail me. I am taking profits in anticipation of that happening. It is either that or leave it for the kids to deal with. :wub:

Yeah I like how it takes alot of the "emotion" out of decision making.  Sure *NO SYSTEM* is fullproof.  Heh, reminds me of the time I was in Vegas and watched much of the 2010 Canucks-Black Hawks playoff series.  My brain told me the Hawks would win based on how I was seeing the series at that point, but my heart told me to put money on the Canucks in game 6.  LOL, I came home with my wallet much lighter.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Posted (edited)

Buying Nike in March at $60 was a very good idea, $100 today.

Long term hold.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

NK just got FDA approval look for a blow up 

You’re welcome 

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You’re welcome 

I looked right after you said it, almost bought at $6.80 but watched it drop for a while. Decided to wait, mowed the lawn, just got back in now to see I'm too late lol. Commitment! Great call man!

18 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

I looked right after you said it, almost bought at $6.80 but watched it drop for a while. Decided to wait, mowed the lawn, just got back in now to see I'm too late lol. Commitment! Great call man!

Never be regretful for not losing money!

I think CREX is gonna have a big After hours rise. 

• Like 1

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

I think CREX is gonna have a big After hours rise. 

CREX and NTNX are what I’m monitoring in the after hours 

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Words of wisdom right here! Much appreciated!

On 5/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, nuckin_futz said:

Well your debt has to be attractive. The most attractive thing about the USA is the perceived stability and the rock solid belief that if everything blows up, they will pay their debts. Are they taking advantage of that and perhaps pushing their luck? Could be.

If they go to negative rates and no one else does then it may be time to reassess. In reality, if they go negative everyone else will. So they are still the cleanest dirty shirt.

The world is short US dollars and there is an endless need for them. What else are people going to use? Euros? I don't think so. Japanese Yen? hahaha, Chinese Yuan?, that's funnier than Yen. Gold? That's simply not possible. For the time being the US$ is the only game in town.

I was just reading an article from well known economist back in the old country.

He had some interesting stats in his article so I thought of your post.

In terms of worldwide currency purchase, USD represents 88% of the volume, 61% of world currency reserve and 44% of transactions that go through SWIFT global system.

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I was just reading an article from well known economist back in the old country.

He had some interesting stats in his article so I thought of your post.

In terms of worldwide currency purchase, USD represents 88% of the volume, 61% of world currency reserve and 44% of transactions that go through SWIFT global system.

Hence the global dominance. Seeing that the #2 economy is lead by untrustworthy Communists with little respect for international norms there is no alternative to the USD.

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Hence the global dominance. Seeing that the #2 economy is lead by untrustworthy Communists with little respect for international norms there is no alternative to the USD.

Yeah, I know lot of people and countries don’t like that fact due to nature of the U.S hegemony.
But numbers are not really open to interpretation, 1+1=2.

• Hydration 1

Bought into MARK  at 2.85 yesterday and just sold at market close of 3.40.

Not bad for being a noob and my first trade outside of the tsx.

Now to find a new company to trade

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ThatPope said:

What are your thoughts on Remarks earnings call tomorrow? Expected boost or drop? 

It all depends on if they mention their partners.. WYNN has been confirmed via their own twitter. Disney is rumored to be a partner but I can't find official. Nascar is another one that is rumoured.

If they just review earnings then it will be stagnant, if they announce partnerships then it will blast off. 

I'm not sure when the earnings call is but I'm going to search for it and listed live if i can. If anybody else finds it let me know.

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

For anyone looking to make a quick buck, GENE looks promising today. I got in at 2.02 just now for 500 shares, definitely a swing trade, possibly day.

Just curious, have you done DD or are you going off what the online guys are saying ?

36 minutes ago, jatylo said:

Bought into MARK  at 2.85 yesterday and just sold at market close of 3.40.

Not bad for being a noob and my first trade outside of the tsx.

Now to find a new company to trade

Can't be mad with that bro!

Stay tuned, always something cooking! I will be digging deeper into 2 specific companies tonight, if they check out I will post here. I will only post stuff I truly believe in and would put money in.

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Just curious, have you done DD or are you going off what the online guys are saying ?

I did my due diligence - I work too hard for my money to just throw it away based on randoms.

My DD probably isn't as good as yours as I'm still not the best at reading in depth charts

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I did my due diligence - I work too hard for my money to just throw it away based on randoms.

My DD probably isn't as good as yours as I'm still not the best at reading in depth charts

I'm sure ours if fairly equal! I just wanted to know if you threw out ideas for people to check or if you checked ideas prior to throwing them out!

2 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I'm sure ours if fairly equal! I just wanted to know if you threw out ideas for people to check or if you checked ideas prior to throwing them out!

I'll never recommend anything that I haven't bought myself. I'm a "If I'm gonna eat the whole team's gonna eat with me" kinda guy!

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

CREX and NTNX are what I’m monitoring in the after hours 

If I'm curious about something but aren't quite sure and I'm not investing my own dollars in it yet, I'll say something like this where I'm simply just monitoring. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'll never recommend anything that I haven't bought myself. I'm a "If I'm gonna eat the whole team's gonna eat with me" kinda guy!

If I'm curious about something but aren't quite sure and I'm not investing my own dollars in it yet, I'll say something like this where I'm simply just monitoring. 

Wicked.. I like this.. I will do my own DD as well but 2 heads are better then 1.

P.S. I purchased 10,000 shares of MARK at 3.27 today. Plan to get out just before the earnings call.

Here's the DD on Remarks potential clients.

EZD-zIIXYAAmPL_?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by AriGold2.0

32 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Wicked.. I like this.. I will do my own DD as well but 2 heads are better then 1.

P.S. I purchased 10,000 shares of MARK at 3.27 today. Plan to get out just before the earnings call.

10,000...I got 500 at 3.22 lol

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Wow go big or go home!