AV's Coin

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

I trust you know what you're doing. So that's a nice punt. The float has 39 million shares sold short, so a bit of a squeeze after the long halt wasn't a bad bet.

Keep in mind this thing is a perfect candidate to halt and go bye bye forever. The result of that long, will be a zero. Maybe it'll eventually wind up on the Shanghai exchange.

oh I’m out already. Saw an opportunity made some money and got out. I mean, I saw it screaming. Risk for sure but.....0

A35BD312-B7D9-40F1-A692-72650F2D7EC9.jpeg

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Now it all makes sense, I think Arthur Anderson has been doing the accounting work for LK just like they did with Enron.

I do accounting work, sometimes you forget to carry over few zeroes or you get your numbers wrong by few billions.

Mistakes happen, what can you do?

Hahaha haven't heard the name Arthur Andersen in ages. Blast from the past.

Was just reading their Wiki article. Some funny sh** in there ........

The indictment also put a spotlight on the firm's faulty audits of other companies, most notably Waste Management, Inc., Sunbeam Products, the Baptist Foundation of Arizona and WorldCom.

In his post-mortem of the Enron scandal, Conspiracy of Fools, journalist Kurt Eichenwald argued that even if Andersen had escaped the Enron scandal unscathed, it would have likely been brought down by the massive accounting fraud at WorldCom.

They had their hand in every accounting scandal of the time. LOL

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Hydration 1

REALLY hoping I got in to SNOA in time yesterday.  There's some growth there boys

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

REALLY hoping I got in to SNOA in time yesterday.  There's some growth there boys

Congratulations

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Congratulations

Sold the moment markets opened.  Pretty happy.  There was a run on dumping it.  Made some decent scratch :gocan:

MARK has me clenching my cheeks hard though right now.  My sell order is now set at $3.85 so let's see a 17% return baby!

Edited by Warhippy

You guys are driving me crazy. I could not resist so bought into PTQ-X at 1.24. With Covid their business is up 24% YOY. Either more M&A or they get taken out. 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You guys are driving me crazy. I could not resist so bought into PTQ-X at 1.24. With Covid their business is up 24% YOY. Either more M&A or they get taken out. 

Honestly, I'm just searching companies with covid related products.  I'm kicking myself over ABIO and short selling yesterday but made $ so it's ok.

Now with SNOA I'm kicking myself again.  Short sold to keep my percentages but GD it's flying again.

Serious question for the old pros. I have a dog of a book.  It's book value is $838.44 but market value is $388.

Max value stock price was $72.74.  average over 5 years $36.19 but currently around $6.26.  big things potentially on horizon.  Not a long slide to current value but two significant drops and it's hovered under $10 a while. 

My question is, how long do you hold in to your dog's before cutting your losses?

DVAX claiming they've partnered with a Chinese company that has a 99% effective covid vaccine. . . . . sounds pump and dump, the stock jumped a dollar in seconds

Stop loss on Mark triggered at 2.90 for me.. Sold half of my position. I bought in at 1.96 so no complaints about a 50% profit! Thank you @AriGold2.0

58 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

image.png.af88da636948da75ad0f1abd2a982afc.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I’ve got a question about orders. 

I had an order for 35,000 shares, which was partially filled at 5000 shares. 

Now I’m watching people get their orders filled at the same price point. Does partially filled put me at the back of the line now for the other 30,000 shares?

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Serious question for the old pros. I have a dog of a book.  It's book value is $838.44 but market value is $388.

Max value stock price was $72.74.  average over 5 years $36.19 but currently around $6.26.  big things potentially on horizon.  Not a long slide to current value but two significant drops and it's hovered under $10 a while. 

My question is, how long do you hold in to your dog's before cutting your losses?

I cut my losses and dropped 5k Monday and by Wednesday I made it back. With how the market is now, might not be a bad idea to just cut it cause theirs opportunity elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, HI5 said:

I cut my losses and dropped 5k Monday and by Wednesday I made it back. With how the market is now, might not be a bad idea to just cut it cause theirs opportunity elsewhere.

I'm debating it, but with a few announcements coming I'm going to hold one more week and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Bumpy ride ahead!

Yay!!

Posted (edited)

Got out of EVFM at 5.5 today, a .54 loss. But looking at where it is now im not feeling too bad about it. I do need to work on cutting my losses sooner though.

Edited by yoshiyoshi

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

I’ve got a question about orders. 

I had an order for 35,000 shares, which was partially filled at 5000 shares. 

Now I’m watching people get their orders filled at the same price point. Does partially filled put me at the back of the line now for the other 30,000 shares?

Depends on many factors. What stock was it? Was it under a buck? Do you self direct what market center your order gets routed to? Does your broker accept payment for order flow?

There's not 1 cue you get in and wait. There's several. Generally speaking getting a partial fill does not put you at the back of the bus. but there are several buses. if that makes any sense.

• Hydration 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Sounds like you're in love with this stock and it's an abusive relationship. What was the plan going in? Was there a plan? Or just ride it to zero?

Rid your portfolio of the non performing dogs. They are dead money. That money could be put to better use. Plus it just plain sucks logging in a looking at that negative sign beside the number every day doesn't it? A constant reminder how you messed up. Take out the trash and make some cash.

Plan the trade, trade the plan. :)  <------------ that simple axiom will keep you out of a lot of trouble.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Honestly, I'm just searching companies with covid related products.  I'm kicking myself over ABIO and short selling yesterday but made $ so it's ok.

Now with SNOA I'm kicking myself again.  Short sold to keep my percentages but GD it's flying again.

Are you referring to taking profits early or actual short selling?

• Hydration 1