The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

3 minutes ago, TGokou said:

I know. However for the uninitiated reading these threads and the euphoria going on they could be suckered into a long term position. Therefore I felt it appropriate to leave a disclaimer for those who have not posted.

Fair.

Though I feel Ari and I and a few others do a good job of always explicitly stating don't spend your money based on what we say, do your own research.

• Upvote 1

I'm playing VSTM as a 2 week swing. Entered at 1.81.

Should get good PR on June 4 from their planned conference.

40% reduction in operating costs for 2020.

Strong additions to its board.

If I can get 25% return.

As always I'm not a financial advisor or investment advisor, these are my opinions.

Crud... I'm over here working on my DD trying to dig deep and then bam.. The cat got let out of the bag, pre-market Monday will be crazy..

ZNGA

https://www.menabytes.com/zynga-peak-advanced-acquisition-talks/

I knew something was happening because of all the Sweep-To-Fill orders on Friday.. Big money moving in slowly to reduce large spikes. They had no news released, no PR and was up 13%. Easy to see something was up.

Edited by AriGold2.0

I figured I would show you what I saw that made no sense...

ZNGA

Volume goes from 13-17M a day avg to 60M avg on Friday.. Hmm.. Was there any news, No. Any PR, No. Twitter search for any rumblings, nothing really..

image.png.7bece7772eeece88fcea416741015735.png

Below, these look like what's known as Sweep-To-Fill orders.. Assume a trader is interested in buying Ali Baba Inc. (BABA), and wants to get into the trade right now. They want to buy 10,000 shares. The price is oscillating around $160.60, but there is only about 500 shares usually showing on the order book at each price level. Bigger, or smaller, liquidity may pop up at different prices though. A sweep-to-fill order will look at all available liquidity and then send out orders to grab all the available liquidity at the different price levels until the order is filled.

That's alot of buying for a company with no news, somebody knows something...

image.thumb.png.040a38d8c8542fbf640b92367a578ad1.png

I was going to work on more and show you guys but this is the gist.. 

Then I found the story showing that they're looking to purchase 2 mobile games from Peak for 1B. They're 2 out of the top 10 mobile games in the USA.

I will still try to get a position on Zynga pre-market Monday now that I know how to.

• Cheers 1

Have done some DD (not much) but really really like these charts for a breakout... Any combination with some news could send these stocks to the moon..

Tomorrow/Tuesday I will be putting 4K USD each into HTGM, RMED and POAI for various reasons.. 

Edited by AriGold2.0

So anyone have a recommendation for what to set a stop limit at? I want to make sure i dont lose money if it drops but i dont want to risk being sold out at a dip either.

Edited by yoshiyoshi
salvaging double post

6 minutes ago, yoshiyoshi said:

So anyone have a recommendation for what to set a stop limit at? I want to make sure i dont lose money if it drops but i dont want to risk being sold out at a dip either.

Depends on your strategy.

Are you happy risking a marginal 5-10% loss?

Or do you want to lock in profits, even if it's 5%?

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Depends on your strategy.

Are you happy risking a marginal 5-10% loss?

Or do you want to lock in profits, even if it's 5%?

im not happy risking anything lol even though thats not realistic. I also want to lock in profits but i think its not going to be possible for me to do that without selling out earlier than i want to.

Just now, yoshiyoshi said:

im not happy risking anything lol even though thats not realistic. I also want to lock in profits but i think its not going to be possible for me to do that without selling out earlier than i want to.

If you have the ability to watch the stock, then no need to set a stop sell. 

If the price increases more than 10%, you can set a stop loss at the 5% profit market and it'll either continue to grow or you'll lock in a profit as the price drops.

Re-adjust your stop loss if the price keeps climbing.

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If you have the ability to watch the stock, then no need to set a stop sell. 

If the price increases more than 10%, you can set a stop loss at the 5% profit market and it'll either continue to grow or you'll lock in a profit as the price drops.

Re-adjust your stop loss if the price keeps climbing.

today im watching it but I have anxiety issues and panic at every drop. I really dont want to sit here for the next 2 weeks watching it. But i also didnt set a stop limit when i first bought in on thursday and ended up losing about 1000$ on its value from my buy in due to an offering. Im pretty decently above the break even point now though since its recovered quickly from that

1 minute ago, yoshiyoshi said:

today im watching it but I have anxiety issues and panic at every drop. I really dont want to sit here for the next 2 weeks watching it. But i also didnt set a stop limit when i first bought in on thursday and ended up losing about 1000$ on its value from my buy in due to an offering. Im pretty decently above the break even point now though since its recovered quickly from that

If you believe in the stock, set a stop loss at the 5% loss point.

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

your buy in, so you don't accidentally sell off during periodical dips.

alright, i have my number for that figured out. Once it gets high enough above my buy in ill adjust it up to at least my break even point, assuming it keeps going up.

17 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sold VTIQ again to lock in some nice profits, bought at 24 just sold at 32.11

Doing the same in a couple minutes. Bought at $16, sold at $33, then bought again at $23, selling at $33 the moment it happens or starts to dip.