The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

I stack silver.

If silver ever gets up to $100 an ounce, I am gonna be loaded!

Real silver or the equivalent of an "IOU silver"?

Big difference, when the speculative market gets it's comeuppance and people demand tangible silver (and gold).

Edited by Mr. Ambien

I think tesla is going to make a lo of people very rich in the next 10 years

Every major manufacturer has noticed Teslas sales figures. You cant sell 40.000+ luxury cars and not attract competition. BMW, Mercedes, Audi and a host of American and Japanese manufacturers are racing to bring full electric luxury sedans to market.

Teslas competition is about to get very crowded.

The company has made huge profits for its investors so far. Over 1000% since 2011. But that boats gonna get rocked.

I lost 50% of my savings during this oil bust. That being said it's the industry I'm familiar with and before the bust I made a pile of money off a lot of Jr energy companies. I am finally starting to see the fundamentals change in oil.

These tight oil wells take around a year to start depletion. (up to 80%) the NA rig count didn't really start to dive until dec/jan 14 so by dec of this year production in the USA will fall off a cliff and drive up oil.

Some Jr companies that I know have strong management and good acreage. The ultimate goal being M&A.

Twin Butte

Delphi

Edge Resources

Athabasca

Yoho and trilogy are 33% participants in the XTO kaybob durverney field, expect XTO( Exxon) to scoop at least one of them up, that would be a huge win if you bought either company right now.

Most interesting service company for me is Savana drilling, I have a tough time on the service sector, been bit too many times but Savana is solid and way underpriced.

PM me before you buy Edge Resources

I lost 50% of my savings during this oil bust. That being said it's the industry I'm familiar with and before the bust I made a pile of money off a lot of Jr energy companies. I am finally starting to see the fundamentals change in oil.

These tight oil wells take around a year to start depletion. (up to 80%) the NA rig count didn't really start to dive until dec/jan 14 so by dec of this year production in the USA will fall off a cliff and drive up oil.

Some Jr companies that I know have strong management and good acreage. The ultimate goal being M&A.

Twin Butte

Delphi

Edge Resources

Athabasca

Yoho and trilogy are 33% participants in the XTO kaybob durverney field, expect XTO( Exxon) to scoop at least one of them up, that would be a huge win if you bought either company right now.

Most interesting service company for me is Savana drilling, I have a tough time on the service sector, been bit too many times but Savana is solid and way underpriced.

PM me before you buy Edge Resources

Why are you investing in past technology?

You realise green energy has grown dramatically compared to fossel fuels. Ill try to fond link but it states fossel fuel investments were at -5% growth last year and green energy stocks went up 30+% in the same period.

You realise green energy has grown dramatically compared to fossel fuels. Ill try to fond link but it states fossel fuel investments were at -5% growth last year and green energy stocks went up 30+% in the same period.

Oil stocks can't last forever, but it's hard to tell what green energy will take off in the coming years. There will be a lot of competition in the green sector. I haven't invested yet in a green energy buy I've been looking around and researching a few

It's all I know, and its primary short term investing, 1-12 month period. I don't buy blue chips and I think the green market is heavily saturated in the near term. I foresee a huge correction. Long term sure I guess, but so much can change in 20 years, why not make money off today's volatility?

Real silver or the equivalent of an "IOU silver"?

Big difference, when the speculative market gets it's comeuppance and people demand tangible silver (and gold).

I have actual physical silver bullion bars and coins. I have traded silver certificates and stocks in short term, but if am hanging onto it, it's best to possess it physically