Sign in to follow this  
AV's Coin

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

I love stocks, but that's not the only thing I love. I'm thinking of starting investing in my own business right now. Want to test a few nice business ideas. I read useful info about pic, mvp and prototype here https://spdload.com/blog/poc-vs-prototype-vs-mvp/ . It's a great way to reduce all risks before starting new business.

Edited by luckyjack

6 hours ago, luckyjack said:

I love stocks, but that's not the only thing I love. I'm thinking of starting investing in my own business right now. Want to test a few nice business ideas. I read useful info about pic, mvp and prototype here https://spdload.com/blog/poc-vs-prototype-vs-mvp/ . It's a great way to reduce all risks before starting new business.

What’s ya burn rate and idea? Let’s make some money

7 hours ago, luckyjack said:

Some impressive concepts and stats in your link. 

I started and ran a number of businesses in my career but never did a ground up product development. My businesses all centered around consumer services. The market was there it was only a question of how much market share I could take and the profitability of that revenue. Running budgets to determine costs were my bread and butter. It was always about the cash flow and margin. Always consider your exit strategy even if you postpone it. 

Once I sold my operating businesses I transitioned into stock investing. I have always loved the liquidity in the markets compared to owning hard assets and trying to sell those. I also like the idea of 'partnering' with some pretty smart people when I buy the stock in their companies. My real home run has been getting in early on the Brookfield group. Also forgot that I was in very early on Buffet's Berkshire. 

If you move forward on your company good luck. If the cash flow allows start contributing to an investment account. Invest in blue chip dividend payers. You can build a

separate cash flow from your business.   

On 1/17/2020 at 4:47 AM, luckyjack said:

On 1/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, Boudrias said:

Some impressive concepts and stats in your link. 

I started and ran a number of businesses in my career but never did a ground up product development. My businesses all centered around consumer services. The market was there it was only a question of how much market share I could take and the profitability of that revenue. Running budgets to determine costs were my bread and butter. It was always about the cash flow and margin. Always consider your exit strategy even if you postpone it. 

Once I sold my operating businesses I transitioned into stock investing. I have always loved the liquidity in the markets compared to owning hard assets and trying to sell those. I also like the idea of 'partnering' with some pretty smart people when I buy the stock in their companies. My real home run has been getting in early on the Brookfield group. Also forgot that I was in very early on Buffet's Berkshire. 

If you move forward on your company good luck. If the cash flow allows start contributing to an investment account. Invest in blue chip dividend payers. You can build a

separate cash flow from your business.   

I found budgeting for multiple years became a very accurate forecaster. It made me very leery about the impact of AI in all facets of life where data can establish trends.  

Amazon with one of the most impressive quarters I've ever seen. Earnings of $6.47/share vs estimates of $4.11.

How on Earth does a company the size of Amazon ($930 billion) beat earnings by 57%. Truly impressive.

Don't think I have ever seen a mega cap company beat by that much. RIP short sellers.

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Amazon with one of the most impressive quarters I've ever seen. Earnings of $6.47/share vs estimates of $4.11.

How on Earth does a company the size of Amazon ($930 billion) beat earnings by 57%. Truly impressive.

Don't think I have ever seen a mega cap company beat by that much. RIP short sellers.

Really upset with my Amazon experience. I got stopped out last spring on 3/4 of my holdings. Bought back in at a half allocation and thought I would have another crack at 

$1700. That ship has sailed. Bezos is scary smart.