The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Great article from Mootley Fool. That said I think I will stick with my V. Want to see what they do with Plaid. 

Visa is the best payment stock to hold, MC close second.

Edited by CBH1926

3 hours ago, NickTheGreek said:

Good sir, I owe you a drink

I put a significant amount of money into Square based on this post and reading that article along with several others.

Bless your soul

You're welcome good sir.. But I have something much much bigger then Square will be.

I'm putting $15,000 on Monday on it. Do your DD on it but I'm thinking Tesla numbers in 5-10 years..

VTIQ - Merge end of June.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

You're welcome good sir.. But I have something much much bigger then Square will be.

I'm putting $15,000 on Monday on it. Do your DD on it but I'm thinking Tesla numbers in 5-10 years..

VTIQ - Merge end of June.

I've been in VTIQ since $11.50/share. 

I have every single alert possible regarding VTIQ and NKLA being sent to my phone daily. 

I'm so excited.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I've been in VTIQ since $11.50/share. 

I have every single alert possible regarding VTIQ and NKLA being sent to my phone daily. 

I'm so excited.

What's their story?  Do they trade on the tsx?  Can't stomach another mass conversion

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What's their story?  Do they trade on the tsx?  Can't stomach another mass conversion

Ok I will assemble a few of the things I have found about the company, these may not be 100% accurate because I'm half cut and surfing the web on my deck.

VectoIQ Acquisition (VTIQ) (550M Valuation) is merging with a bigger company called Nikola Motors (5B valuation) at the end of June, stock will be called NKLA. VTIQ holders will be given a 1 for 1 stock, NKLA private shareholders will be given a 9-1 share hold.

Why is Nikola doing this VS launching their own IPO ? Because they need to get to the market quickly to release more shares and build more money for the future goals.

1. Hydrogen full cell big rigs with plans to have hydrogen charging stations all across the USA, 2030 is the ultimate goal for complete coverage (localized coverage will be first.

2. Have orders booked for the first 24 months of production including Anheuser Busch which will bring in an estimated $10B. It took Tesla around 14 years to hit 10B in sales, Nikola will do it in 4 years.

3. Nikola trucks are 100% ready for autonomous/driverless long haul operation which gives Nikola rigs a 15% LOWER per mile cost then regular diesel rigs.

It's going to hit big but may take 5-10 years. That being said it will forsure go up after the merger.

Edited by AriGold2.0

4 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Ok I will assemble a few of the things I have found about the company, these may not be 100% accurate because I'm half cut and surfing the web on my deck.

VectoIQ Acquisition (VTIQ) (550M Valuation) is merging with a bigger company called Nikola Motors (5B valuation) at the end of June, stock will be called NKLA. VTIQ holders will be given a 1 for 1 stock, NKLA private shareholders will be given a 9-1 share hold.

Why is Nikola doing this VS launching their own IPO ? Because they need to get to the market quickly to release more shares and build more money for the future goals.

1. Hydrogen full cell big rigs with plans to have hydrogen charging stations all across the USA, 2030 is the ultimate goal for complete coverage (localized coverage will be first.

2. Have orders booked for the first 24 months of production including Anheuser Busch which will bring in an estimated $10B. It took Tesla around 14 years to hit 10B in sales, Nikola will do it in 4 years.

3. Nikola trucks are 100% ready for autonomous/driverless long haul operation which gives Nikola rigs a 15% LOWER per mile cost then regular diesel rigs.

It's going to hit big but may take 5-10 years. That being said it will forsure go up after the merger.

So buy in to vtiq or nkla?

And do they trade on the tsx?

6 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Cool I was just reading how hydrogen will be the future and not electric. They just need to get the cost down of producing hydrogen through electrolysis using renewable energy rather than converting natural gas which is cheaper now. they figure 10 years.

19 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Was looking for one more small cap for my portfolio. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be doing my homework on this today before the markets open tomorrow.

Looks like a good long hold play so far.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Will do.  I'll give it $1000 and see what transpires

6.5M active shares of the company. Based on the Friday activity i expect that Monday should see the pump and dumpers offload their shares and long term holders pick them up. Should see a correction of sorts, expecting some heavy fluctuation but a dip should happen around 6:45-7am. If it goes up then oh boy.

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

6.5M active shares of the company. Based on the Friday activity i expect that Monday should see the pump and dumpers offload their shares and long term holders pick them up. Should see a correction of sorts, expecting some heavy fluctuation but a dip should happen around 6:45-7am. If it goes up then oh boy.

Of course friggin TD Broker is not working properly....

Transfer $5k into my tfsa and "we're having problems"

Blech

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Of course friggin TD Broker is not working properly....

Transfer $5k into my tfsa and "we're having problems"

Blech

Up 2.19 this morning aka 15%.. It may just go through the roof, people just want in on the future.

11 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

only reason I'm awake right now is to see if this happens lol