The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Any rec's for gold or mining companies? Something relatively cheap with boom or bust potential. Under $3/share would be great. 

Looking at OLA.TO right now 

A few people have tried to put me into AGG African Gold Group but I don't trade TSX...

I haven't done any research though and know nothing about them.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

You're welcome good sir.. But I have something much much bigger then Square will be.

I'm putting $15,000 on Monday on it. Do your DD on it but I'm thinking Tesla numbers in 5-10 years..

VTIQ - Merge end of June.

I just did what you intended to do today (I trust you after that Square recomendation)

Let's go VTIQ!

5 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

I just did what you intended to do today (I trust you after that Square recomendation)

Let's go VTIQ!

It will see heavy up and downs likely but once the ticker changes to NKLA it's all bank after that point.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Up 2.19 this morning aka 15%.. It may just go through the roof, people just want in on the future.

I'm pissed.  Still can't access web broker.  Td still isn't working for me.

Transferred $5000 yesterday afternoon.  Today, still not in my tfsa to make the trade

Edited by Warhippy

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm pissed.  Still can't access web broker.  Td still isn't working for me.

Transferred $5000 yesterday afternoon.  Today, still not in my tfsa to make the trade

Pissed that I missed out as well.

But to be honest, VTIQs going to see a lot of volatility, I'm sure we'll have another dip to capitalize on :)

29 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Big DIP, buy buy buy..

you're expecting another large dip?  I only moved $5k over for it and would have far preferred $16 a share vs the now $20....I'm super pissed TD dropped the ball on this one.

2 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

I've not pushed 20k into VTIQ earlier this morning (through my advisor as I'm still a little freaked out handling all my own investments)

Ari, what's your prediction for this stock price when the Nikola merger happens?

Oh boy, I don't know. 

My hope is around $25 a share at merge. 

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Large pump n dump threads on stock market sub-Reddits for VTIQ :lol:

Yup, it will happen for the next while. Some investors aka me will be buying and not selling. At some point it will calm down and people will hold for the merge.

Just now, AriGold2.0 said:

Yup, it will happen for the next while. Some investors aka me will be buying and not selling. At some point it will calm down and people will hold for the merge.

I expect the high frequency traders will be involved heavily in that action, trying to gain on percentages over full hold

• Like 1