The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You guys pay for trades?

Do you use Robin Hood?

I just don't trust it :/ 

4.99 per trade on Q trade isn't massive or anything, and they're Canadian which is nice. 

I tried using Wealthsimple but so many companies I wanted to invest in weren't available (at the time) on their platform. 

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Do you use Robin Hood?

4.99 per trade on Q trade isn't massive or anything, and they're Canadian which is nice. 

I tried using Wealthsimple but so many companies I wanted to invest in weren't available (at the time) on their platform. 

Merrill Lynch and Charles Schwab.

I wouldn’t trust RH either.

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Interesting.

Q trade for me is 4.99 for trade and less than a day before funds are in my account. Never the same day, but usually at midnight.

4.99! That will be a point of discussion, thanks. I have had transfers go that fast but more often it is 2 days. 

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Do you use Robin Hood?

Wealthsimple is fine now. Technical issues every now and then, but that should only have an impact if you're a day trader. No commission fees on Canadian equities is really nice - I could ease into stocks by playing around with 1-5 shares without any fees. But don't bother using it for U.S. stuff, that's where they make their money off fees - I stick to Questrade for my U.S. portfolio. 

23 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The VTIQ chart is better than p0rnhub right now 

Well....i dunno.  Im watching their ticker after hearing Amouranth might be a new "star" pretty intently.

Toss up for sure

What a frigging day.

I SINCERELY hope all of you who managed to get in on RTTR, or VTIQ at Ari's suggestions are going to be sending him a gift basket.

I got stuck due to web broker issues and am kicking myself hard but know that there's a lot of play in the markets still

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What a frigging day.

I SINCERELY hope all of you who managed to get in on RTTR, or VTIQ at Ari's suggestions are going to be sending him a gift basket.

I got stuck due to web broker issues and am kicking myself hard but know that there's a lot of play in the markets still

As the saying goes, there's always another bus coming.  

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What a frigging day.

What about those of us who got into VTIQ before Ari's suggestion? ^_^

Jokes aside,  @AriGold2.0  you're a blessing. Will be interested to hear your exit and re-entry strategies with VTIQ. 

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

As the saying goes, there's always another bus coming.  

I'm still looking at options.  I apparently have all of my web broker issues figured out but I definitely missed out on a serious return there

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

VTIQ has taken over this thread, rightfully so (thanks ARI!), but a not so talked about consequence of today was that VIX went up 20%. Overall it was a bad day on the markets.

Lots of movement for sure.  Lots of little stocks doing well to start the week

Cheers guys, was a beautiful day indeed. 

This is about as good as it gets. For those wondering. I'm personally waiting for the merge, can't wait to see the ticker change from VTIQ to NKLA. 

Prediction, the stock hits $35-$40 around the merge. They will do a split 3-1 or 4-1 and watch it zoom up again. We could be in for some serious money. All I can say is take your gains when you can. Once it hits $37 I will take out my initial deposit and sit back on their dime.

image.thumb.png.c4d953bdafa3427599c060422e38a0dd.png

Here was my sell offs today. I currently have 4 sitting in red for around -$450 but waiting on them to hopefully go up. Was a good one though. I got in and out of RTTR 2 times today for profit. Love that stock, the dip to tip is awesome.

Tuesday May 12th

INPX + $170
VISL + $64
RTTR + $204
TBLT + $50
SCON + $129
RTTR + $60

Edited by AriGold2.0

25 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Cheers guys, was a beautiful day indeed. 

This is about as good as it gets. For those wondering. I'm personally waiting for the merge, can't wait to see the ticker change from VTIQ to NKLA. 

Prediction, the stock hits $35-$40 around the merge. They will do a split 3-1 or 4-1 and watch it zoom up again. We could be in for some serious money. All I can say is take your gains when you can. Once it hits $37 I will take out my initial deposit and sit back on their dime.

image.thumb.png.c4d953bdafa3427599c060422e38a0dd.png

Here was my sell offs today. I currently have 4 sitting in red for around -$450 but waiting on them to hopefully go up. Was a good one though. I got in and out of RTTR 2 times today for profit. Love that stock, the dip to tip is awesome.

Tuesday May 12th

INPX + $170
VISL + $64
RTTR + $204
TBLT + $50
SCON + $129
RTTR + $60

Watched rttr today.  The 14tg will be huge for them.  If the holders agree to a merger that could jump by full dollars