The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think there is any chance...?

selkirkcraig

Just because you are not from or living in Vancouver does not mean your can't be a fan somewhere else....in Ottawa when the Canucks come to town around 1/3 of the Jersey's are Blue (and the rest red - almost everyone shows up with a jersey) and the go Canucks go chants start soon and keep going on and off frequently throughout the game (unlike what Rogers arena is turning into according to a recent thread).

And I was born in the Kootenays, lots of fans there to.

NOthing wrong with Vancouver - the first reply is funny too.

Maybe we can be called "The Vancouver British Columbia Canada Orcan Skate Johnny Canucks". Every fan across Canada will be happy. And it just rolls off the tongue.....

:rolleyes:

You can't forget to also include references to our two major ethnic communities...Asian and South Asian.

So Johnny Canuck could maybe be doing a Bhangra dance wearing Orcan skates? Can't think of an appropriate Asian reference atm.

Just because you are not from or living in Vancouver does not mean your can't be a fan somewhere else....in Ottawa when the Canucks come to town around 1/3 of the Jersey's are Blue (and the rest red - almost everyone shows up with a jersey) and the go Canucks go chants start soon and keep going on and off frequently throughout the game (unlike what Rogers arena is turning into according to a recent thread).

And I was born in the Kootenays, lots of fans there to.

NOthing wrong with Vancouver - the first reply is funny too.

I agree.

There is also a broader point to make here. Rogers Arena is often criticized for being drowned out by visiting fans especially, when the Leafs and Habs come to town. Well of course this is the case it would be odd if they didn't. Leafs and Habs fans get to watch their team play in Vancouver once a year so they are much more likely to buy a ticket and cheer loud. Canucks fans can see their team at home 41 games per year.

Archived