The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus

TheRussianRocket.

http://youtu.be/0BsLsQ9NZ1Y

A couple of articles/reviews:

http://gizmodo.com/which-iphone-6s-should-i-buy-a-guide-1730054334

http://gizmodo.com/how-the-iphone-6s-and-6s-plus-stack-up-against-the-comp-1729656892

In shortest terms: magnificent.

I have always supported Apple because I flat out love their simplicity and smoothness but this, this is going to change the game once again.

3D feature at first sight may not seem like a big change though let me tell you, it will revolutionize the industry and phones from here on will copy the idea. Not to mention, Live Photos is absolutely brilliant. Not being a homer (I've enjoyed Apple but know it's been stale and boring the past who knows how many years) but this is going to be epic. Reminds me of those moving photos in the newspapers in Harry Potter films. Not a video, and not necessarily a picture, just the perfect blend. And the A9 Chip straight out kicks ass.

...didn't see anything here about it so thought I'd make a thread. And NEVER purchase a 16GB iPhone ever again (http://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-a-16-gb-iphone-1728603145), you'd be a plain idiot from this point on, it's just completely useless.

PS just finished pre-ordering mines. I chose the 6s over the 6s Plus just because I want a phone and not a tablet :]

The stability of iOS devices is commendable, but I much prefer the somewhat cumbersome Android, as for me, customization and control over my device > simplicity.

Yea I guess that's what it comes down to. I don't really care about the latter which you prefer so that's probably it. Plus Apples customer service is unbeatable.

Idk, first time I can say in forever that I'm actually pretty excited to get the phone.

Yea I guess that's what it comes down to. I don't really care about the latter which you prefer so that's probably it. Plus Apples customer service is unbeatable.

Idk, first time I can say in forever that I'm actually pretty excited to get the phone.

Heh.

And one of the primary reasons I stopped getting iPhones, after the 1st gen, was because of, to further the point regarding control over the device, the lack of support for custom batteries.

Consequently, that's the main reason I'm skipping the Note (5) this time around. For unknown reasons they decided to go with the Galaxy S6 form w/o removable battery (lack of SD slot is also a huge wtf).

RR, starting an Apple thread is like starting a religion thread on these boards. It's an open invitation to the Android peeps to start a flame war...and I see it only took 5 posts in this time.

I have no quibbles against Android, but like iOS it has its issues. The reality for me though is that I stopped caring about customization and control of a phone about the same time I got tired of building my own PC's.

For me, I love Apple products for the reasons you've mentioned. Superb quality and un-freaking-beatable customer service that no company anywhere provides to its clients.

As for this phone, it's an evolution over the 6 and 6 plus that has some cool features and a kickass camera. Keep in mind though that if you're going to be filming anything in 4K, you better get at least the 64GB model.

Right now I'm going to do what I do with all Apple product launches...wait a couple of month until any bugs and issues have been worked out, then pick myself up one for Christmas as a gift to myself.

I'm contract free right now with a small & cheep data plan. Anyone recommend a solid data plan that's reasonably priced here in Van?

RR, starting an Apple thread is like starting a religion thread on these boards. It's an open invitation to the Android peeps to start a flame war...and I see it only took 5 posts in this time.

I have no quibbles against Android, but like iOS it has its issues. The reality for me though is that I stopped caring about customization and control of a phone about the same time I got tired of building my own PC's.

For me, I love Apple products for the reasons you've mentioned. Superb quality and un-freaking-beatable customer service that no company anywhere provides to its clients.

As for this phone, it's an evolution over the 6 and 6 plus that has some cool features and a kickass camera. Keep in mind though that if you're going to be filming anything in 4K, you better get at least the 64GB model.

Right now I'm going to do what I do with all Apple product launches...wait a couple of month until any bugs and issues have been worked out, then pick myself up one for Christmas as a gift to myself.

I'm contract free right now with a small & cheep data plan. Anyone recommend a solid data plan that's reasonably priced here in Van?

If you're looking for data only and are sticking to Vancouver probably better to use one of the smaller competitors.

From all the big wireless companies in the US and Canada I've been utterly confused at the premium cost of wireless data and ridiculously low caps despite serious upgrades to speeds and data throughput.

If you're looking for data only and are sticking to Vancouver probably better to use one of the smaller competitors.

From all the big wireless companies in the US and Canada I've been utterly confused at the premium cost of wireless data and ridiculously low caps despite serious upgrades to speeds and data throughput.

Yeah, that's what I've seen as well. If I get this new phone, seems like I'd have to at least double my existing plan cost to take advantage of all the phone's features.

Canadians get the worst bang for the buck from their cellular providers compared to the rest of the free world. Not to mention if you go 2nd or 3rd tier carrier (Koodo, Chatr...etc) you're getting the dregs of the national carriers' networks...less speed and lower quality.

For me, it's largely the cost. Apple no longer offers features that can't be found on other phones, yet an iPhone costs $200 more than the android equivalent.

Even on the 6s the biggest upgrade is the camera, but phones like the new Sony z5 already have much better cameras.

If an IPhone was the same cost, I'd consider it, but at $1029 for the 64gb model (16gb without a HD slot is unacceptable).... You've got to be joking.

The 6s plus is $1159.. It's absurd. Yet people will still probably pay it and lock themselves into an awful contract to do it.

I hate having to pay the premium for apple products. But for me the reliability of the software and the build quality just make it too difficult for me to switch to android. Also, I like to use my phone one-handed and even though the iphone 6S has ridiculously large bezels it still seems to be the smallest flagship phone out there (I would have given the Sony Z5 Compact some consideration if it was going to come to Canada).

I hate having to pay the premium for apple products. But for me the reliability of the software and the build quality just make it too difficult for me to switch to android. Also, I like to use my phone one-handed and even though the iphone 6S has ridiculously large bezels it still seems to be the smallest flagship phone out there (I would have given the Sony Z5 Compact some consideration if it was going to come to Canada).

Yeah, these phone makers who use Android have been irritating of late.

While I understood the lack of concern for the Galaxy S6 lack of battery options, this is a big deal for their Note productivity line. Being able to use an Anker or Zerolemon 8-10k mAh custom battery to me was priceless. Now that Samsung's Note line has decided for unknown reasons to turn itself into the Galaxy S series, I might consider a Windows phone, or a basic phone and a high end Note Pro LTE tablet.

Likewise, I'm sure the Z5 compact is very much a high demand product yet Sony has only announced two variants of the Z5, neither being compact.

Anyways, I must be the only one who misses those flip out keyboard phones like the old Xperia Mini Pro. They are an extinct species now. :/

Currently, my girlfriend has the 6, and after a couple months of experimenting, I think I like the feel of the 5s better.

It just feels more sleek, and looks like a better phone than the 6 IMO.

I'll probably end up, going with a 5s with tons of space, on a nice cheap contract, right once the 6s and 6s plus come out.

As far as the 6s goes, it looks like a nice phone, and as said above, I think it's a ridiculous price, for a slightly better camera, and 3D touch.

Currently, my girlfriend has the 6, and after a couple months of experimenting, I think I like the feel of the 5s better.

It just feels more sleek, and looks like a better phone than the 6 IMO.

I'll probably end up, going with a 5s with tons of space, on a nice cheap contract, right once the 6s and 6s plus come out.

As far as the 6s goes, it looks like a nice phone, and as said above, I think it's a ridiculous price, for a slightly better camera, and 3D touch.

Never buy a phone that's two years old. The processors and specs will fall out of date.

Eventually they'll stop putting out updates and support for it.

Apple phones are like bikes with permanent training wheels. And Apple is just a terrible company not worth supporting, even if they were to make the best product, which they don't.

My friend just went through 4 iPhone 6's, and after being denied help at Apple because he had a third party replace the screen (apparently if someone not Apple as much as looks at these marvels sent from the heavens above, the phones are tainted and unworthy of repair by Apple), he's gone back to iPhone 5S.

Sad thing is, he supports Apple and argued with me through the nose that it's actually BETTER that Apple products can't be fixed by anyone but Apple. Something about Apple fans (who can't figure out how to use an Android) that makes them support practices that are directly harmful to consumers. I don't think there's another consumer cult that even remotely approaches Apple.

Archived