The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Germans set the record straight for Sharia Law Police attempts on German soil

Mr. Ambien

That comment right there is the problem, it's not a religion that " has no place in a civilized society " it's the people who interpret it in a negative and practice it with negative intentions. And this is true of all religions, each can simply be interpreted differently by each who reads, learns, and follows it. This is not an Islamic religion only issue.

I must have missed the part where local Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist populations are demanding the enforcment of Sharia Law.

This is definitely an issue with Islam specifically.

To stick your head in the sand and say 'oh well, all religions can be extreme in nature' is ridiculous.

What's your solution? Do nothing? Hope and pray that they 'see the light' and let them continue living under secular law?

They aren't coming to Europe to 'integrate' and live like Europeans. They will expect them to live by their rules. First in their ghettos, then the entire community, and eventually the entire region.

Please go ahead, be their friend. The first chance they get, they will cut off your head.

Christians have been able to found society based on secularism and freedom for all (United States of America is a perfect example)

I.

You have got to be joking

Tell that to the indigenous north americans , south americans and the koori people and a whole bunch of native cultures and people christians have wiped out through out history

Take my own country , christians tried to exterminate koori culture by stealing their children from them and placing them with white families or in instituitions right up until the late 60's

Up until the seventies we had a white australia policy that limited our immigration to whites only.

Also up until the seventies the catholic church here in aus determined that certain types of women -mostly young unwed mothers were unfit to be mothers so they stole their children from them , this was sanctioned by the Govt.

Our current PM tony abbott at one point earlier in his life was in a seminary training to be a jesuit priest , he reflects a christian attitude towards refugees when he stated " Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia".

He also illutrates the churchs atitude towards women when he states " ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons".

It is only in the last few decades that christians have been forced to clean up their act , they still do not include women in their decision making/ power structure and there are still some who would return us to the dark ages.

Tell that to the indigenous north americans , south americans and the koori people and a whole bunch of native cultures and people christians have wiped out through out history

So what? Islam is right there also. What Christianity did in America, Islam did in North Africa, Asia and Iberia. They would have also consumed Europe if Charles Martel hadn't fought them off. There's no point in playing Oppression Olympics.

It is only in the last few decades that christians have been forced to clean up their act , they still do not include women in their decision making/ power structure and there are still some who would return us to the dark ages.

Well the USA was founded back in the 18th century, still waiting on that secular constitution in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Any day now....

Not sure what you are talking about with Christians and not giving women power, in democratic societies church and state tend to be separate. We have elections, that is how power is decided. Germany is about 65% Christian and their leader is a woman. Fancy that.

The crap about Christians wanting to go back to the 'Dark Ages' makes no sense. You mean before the advent of the printing press? Most people in the West are too glued to their smartphones to get off the couch. You have idiot evangelicals preaching on TV, but most people are educated enough to see they are full of hot air.

Take my own country , christians tried to exterminate koori culture by stealing their children from them and placing them with white families or in instituitions right up until the late 60's

Up until the seventies we had a white australia policy that limited our immigration to whites only.

Also up until the seventies the catholic church here in aus determined that certain types of women -mostly young unwed mothers were unfit to be mothers so they stole their children from them , this was sanctioned by the Govt.

Our current PM tony abbott at one point earlier in his life was in a seminary training to be a jesuit priest , he reflects a christian attitude towards refugees when he stated " Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia".

He also illutrates the churchs atitude towards women when he states " ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons".

theres a big difference between the actual teachings of Jesus and the church edifice. There are striking similarities between the teachings and life of Prophet Muhammad and Sharia Law.

I must have missed the part where local Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist populations are demanding the enforcment of Sharia Law.

This is definitely an issue with Islam specifically.

To stick your head in the sand and say 'oh well, all religions can be extreme in nature' is ridiculous.

What's your solution? Do nothing? Hope and pray that they 'see the light' and let them continue living under secular law?

They aren't coming to Europe to 'integrate' and live like Europeans. They will expect them to live by their rules. First in their ghettos, then the entire community, and eventually the entire region.

Please go ahead, be their friend. The first chance they get, they will cut off your head.

Keep in mind they excuse terrible behaviour in the US too, especially with blacks and hispanics.

People from Mexico in particular feel they are entitled to live in the US while breaking the laws. And from my experience with them in California, they feel entitled for everyone to speak Spanish rather than learn English themselves, even when there are free ESL courses up and down that state. That's how horrifically entitled they are. They demand official ballots in Spanish too, and not long until pretty much all products are, like in Canada with the English-French thing, English-Spanish in the states. They protest any and every law concerning immigration, none in my lifetime greater than Prop 187. This shows extremely poor integration and a very high entitlement attitude. You have liberals deliberately making sanctuary cities to flout immigration law, lawyers who practice for religious dioceses or pro-bono tax-free donation based services who help Mexicans commit immigrant fraud. White liberals send all the wrong messages to people and then blame others for what they've created.

Same with blacks. Liberals were on the right end of history when it came to serious race problems such as slavery, segregation, and marriage. However, ever since, they excuse criminal behaviour with "just being poor and disenfranchised", a type of leniency they don't give to white criminals. They encourage blacks to torch, loot, and raze buildings, and somehow blacks are victims out of this. Then they turn around and presume any interaction between white and black people where a black person dies = whitey's fault. They presume thugs like Trayvon Martin are innocent and direct their ire to half-Hispanic George Zimmerman, showing their inability to think rationally. Black politicians like Obama (who represents the liberals who elected him and indefinitely support him) help encourage their appeasing attitude toward this behaviour by calling Trayvon "his son". They presume Michael Brown was a victim of an evil white cop, and maintained this even when forensics showed, similar to the Zimmerman case,

Now we go to Europe. Why is it that wherever Muslims have moved in concentration they wind up creating disproportionate amounts of crime and being the worst at integrating where they move to? And the obvious liberal surmising: They just don't get enough free stuff. People just need to bend over backwards a little more for them. Tax the rich more, make white people feel guilty more, just let people in willy-nilly, things like that. Just spoil people with entitlement, that'll teach 'em to work for things and appreciate what they have!

The real intellectual people need to stop caving to liberals and tell them to stuff a cork in it. Society tends to change every decade or two. For example, in the 60s to 80s, western culture was far more liberal, from the 80s to 90s, conservative, from the 90s to 2000, liberal, from the 2000s to mid-late 2000s, conservative, from the late 2000s to now, liberal. Eventually there will be a backlash to this liberalism too, I just hope it's sooner and more prolonged.

So.. it comes as no surprise that in their very one-sided criticism of religion, they not only have a ridiculously embellished bias against Christianity, but they have a ridiculous leniency toward Muslims. This is what happens when you let feelings, outrage, and social justice run your train of thought rather than logic.

theres a big difference between the actual teachings of Jesus and the church edifice. There are striking similarities between the teachings and life of Prophet Muhammad and Sharia Law.

There is no doubt in any rational persons mind that the collection of metaphors that are labelled jesus teachings are not viewed as a how to guide by the people who proselytize them to others.

So.. it comes as no surprise that in their very one-sided criticism of religion, they not only have a ridiculously embellished bias against Christianity, but they have a ridiculous leniency toward Muslims. This is what happens when you let feelings, outrage, and social justice run your train of thought rather than logic.

My advice: If they really think Islam is harmless, super. They can prove it. They can move to Iran and see if they can get some Moons over My Hammy at Denny's, or head down to the local pub and have a few beers. Take the wife and kids too, and make sure wifey is wearing her favourite summer blouse for that blistering heat. Maybe they are friends with a gay couple, who can stay with them for a few weeks. No problem, right? After all, those laws are only for Muslims, not everyone.

So what? Islam is right there also. What Christianity did in America, Islam did in North Africa, Asia and Iberia. They would have also consumed Europe if Charles Martel hadn't fought them off. There's no point in playing Oppression Olympics.

Well the USA was founded back in the 18th century, still waiting on that secular constitution in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Any day now....

Not sure what you are talking about with Christians and not giving women power, in democratic societies church and state tend to be separate. We have elections, that is how power is decided. Germany is about 65% Christian and their leader is a woman. Fancy that.

The crap about Christians wanting to go back to the 'Dark Ages' makes no sense. You mean before the advent of the printing press? Most people in the West are too glued to their smartphones to get off the couch. You have idiot evangelicals preaching on TV, but most people are educated enough to see they are full of hot air.

So What ? Dude your statement was totally incorrect as I have illustrated.

What has what muslims done have anything to do with christians actions ? Are you trying to rationalise christian crimes against humanity by comparing them to another religions crimes against humanity ?

You do not understand that the the leadership/ power structure of over 1 billion people , by far the largest sect of christianity does not include women in their leadership/ power structure , that they do not allow women to occupy leadership roles - become priests - in their own communities ?

Your arguments are ridiculous.

So What ? Dude your statement was totally incorrect as I have illustrated.

It is? Which part? Could you be a bit more specific? You haven't illustrated anything.

What has what muslims done have anything to do with christians actions ? Are you trying to rationalise christian crimes against humanity by comparing them to another religions crimes against humanity ?

You were the one who brought Christianity into the conversation. I was talking about the destructive nature of Sharia Law, which is exclusive to Islam. Apparently you were trying to showcase some equivalency between the two faiths, but they aren't equivalent. Despite all of their failings, the christian Europeans still managed to create a system of secular laws that are more or less equal. You can find evidence of this in the USA and in France. Not so much in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

You do not understand that the the leadership/ power structure of over 1 billion people , by far the largest sect of christianity does not include women in their leadership/ power structure , that they do not allow women to occupy leadership roles - become priests - in their own communities ?

If you are referring to the Catholic Church, I couldn't care less. No one is forced to be Catholic, in free western society you get to choose your own beliefs. Catholic dogma is not the rule of the land anywhere but in the Vatican. In most of western society, there is a separation of church and state. What Catholics decide to do with women is not my problem or anyone else's, as nobody is forced against their will to be Catholic.

Contrast this against Islam, where Sharia Law would prevail for Muslim and non-Muslim alike. You don't get to choose your beliefs. You either convert or suffer the consequences.

Your arguments are ridiculous.

I am still waiting for you to explain to me how Sharia Law is a good thing.

I will start it off for you:

I think Sharia Law is good for Europe because .....

Hmm.. Seems like there's certainly more than one troll in this thread... (Mustapha)

On the subject of Sharia Law.. I think what's going on in the western world (mainly Europe) is a byproduct of a laissez-faire type of approach that has been taken by the original inhabitants aka white people.

This is what happens when you become too liberal and lets things like PC reign supreme..

As much as I hate the colonists they did have one thing down pat and that was keeping everyone in line..

It is? Which part? Could you be a bit more specific? You haven't illustrated anything.

You were the one who brought Christianity into the conversation. I was talking about the destructive nature of Sharia Law, which is exclusive to Islam. Apparently you were trying to showcase some equivalency between the two faiths, but they aren't equivalent. Despite all of their failings, the christian Europeans still managed to create a system of secular laws that are more or less equal. You can find evidence of this in the USA and in France. Not so much in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

If you are referring to the Catholic Church, I couldn't care less. No one is forced to be Catholic, in free western society you get to choose your own beliefs. Catholic dogma is not the rule of the land anywhere but in the Vatican. In most of western society, there is a separation of church and state. What Catholics decide to do with women is not my problem or anyone else's, as nobody is forced against their will to be Catholic.

Contrast this against Islam, where Sharia Law would prevail for Muslim and non-Muslim alike. You don't get to choose your beliefs. You either convert or suffer the consequences.

I am still waiting for you to explain to me how Sharia Law is a good thing.

I will start it off for you:

I think Sharia Law is good for Europe because .....

Christians have been able to found society based on secularism and freedom for all (United States of America is a perfect example)

Freedom for all ? all except the indigenous people who already lived the places the christians colonised and " civilised" , Slaves and homosexuals for starters.

It was despite christians actions that we now live in relatively free countries. Secular people have and still are forcing them to clean up their act.

I brought christianity into the conversation ? I replied to your post that contains the erroneous statement about christians in the post above this.

Do you even realise what you have stated ?

Where I have said anything about sharia law , let alone it being good ?

Christians , Muslims , they both believe in the same god yet they are willing to kill themselves and each other and others and persecute them in his name.

CDC translation:

- Successful integration!

- Rich people need to pay more taxes!

- White people's fault

You are the one who says this is US's fault for their war on terror, not me.

And you believe the sources Mustapha was sourcing from other then BBC? Outright stupidity to the highest order.

BBC I'll leave alone, but the other two sources are complete garbage. Daily caller is a right wing racist propaganda bullcrap site. And islamineurope is just a blog by some random guy on the internet.

If you choose to believe such garbage then you are terribly misinformed and everything you say is to be discarded.

Archived