The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My trade, was it good?

numb3r 16

Hey guys so i just made a trade today, i personally think that its a good deal but i wanna know what you guys thing so here it is.

PK Subban

Mark Giordano

Connor McDavid

for

Alex Ovechkin

I needed the offense my D was stacked to the top so what do you think.

P.S right after making the trade i picked up Mike Green and Dennis Wideman from free agency

I'd like to see your roster before you made this trade.

You suggested you dealt from a position of strength in defense, only to add Green and Wideman. So your defense at the end of the day lost the " big name producer in Subban " but you added a very productive Mike Green as well.

Ovechkin gets a lot of hate but he remains the number scorer in the League and that cannot be underestimated.

I don't think you received fair value in the trade, however your asset management is not horrible in that you were willing to pay a higher price for a target you wanted in Ovechkin while knowing you would recoup the defense assets at no cost via free agency.

At the end of the day if Ovechkin was your objective and you maintained a productive level of defense and were comfortable adding in McDavid to seal the deal then good job, it's not fair to judge each trade as they can be a lead up to a signing, a known overpayment for a wanted asset or an addition by subtraction.

Archived