The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC - Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament

Zfetch

sticker,375x360.png
Welcome to CDC's rock, paper, scissors tournament! I'll be your host for the game.

How to play:

General:
Rock beats scissors
Scissors beats paper
Paper beats rock

How to play the tournament:
I will create PM's with all the participants. The participants then have 1 day/24 hours to submit their actions.(Subject to change)
You will submit a list of 3 actions(Rock, paper, scissors) in the order you choose. Your opponent(Chosen at random) will then have their actions lined up against yours in a best of 3 battle for supremacy.

Example:
User 'Time Lord' submits "Rock, paper, rock"
User 'Aladeen', his opponent has chosen "Paper, Scissors, Scissors"
Aladeen would win the battle 2-1 and advance to the next round.

How to win:
Winner after 4 rounds(Best of 16, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals) wins the tournament and is crowned "CDC's ultimate Rock, Paper, Scissors champion"

FAQ:

What if it ends in a tie?
If the actions end in a tie, the person who won the last one wins.(Good ol' school style)

What if it ends in a tie after that? (Both users choose "Rock, Rock, Rock" or etc..)
If it ends in a tie with no winner in either of the 3 sets of actions, the two users in a standstill re-submit 3 actions in hopes for a winner.(This continues on until a winner for that bracket is crowned)

Can I submit actions ahead of time for the following rounds if I am going to be inactive?
It would be preferred if all users who join can have the time to submit a set of 3 actions once a day, but if not, you may submit actions ahead of time.

How can I join?
Just post below in any form you want that you would be interested in joining. (I.e: "In")

Can I have an assistant?
It can be a very daunting task to play a game as difficult as this, so we do encourage assistance for all who do.(Hiring a tutor is also an option)

Is it rigged?
No, your submitting the actions yourselves. (Or so it seems..... :ph34r:)

How is my round of 16 opponent decided?
Via random draw. (Probably with RNG/Random Number Generator)

Am I wasting my time reading further?
Yes.

Can I read further?
Yes.

Should I read further?
Yes.

Bracket:
cTi7khp.jpg

Players:
1. Kaz man
2. Wellwood is there
3. Jagr
4. Baer in forest
5. Alkaline Time
6. MikeyMan
7. Yakupov3738
8. Big tiggies
9. Faulking Myself
10. PaulaDeen
11. Cameron Gaunce
12. Jaws 2
13. #Terriblename
14. Other Yakupov
15. LockeyHockey
16. All about that Bassi

Signups are now closed.

I can't tell whether or not Jagermeister is wanting in or not, but I'll leave him in, and randomly generate actions if he doesn't actually want in. If he does, that's great.

Speaking about randomly generating, the brackets will soon be generated.
Get ready soon for your matchups, in the fight for the ultimate title of Rock, Paper, Scissors champion!

Archived