The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks defence most agressive in the league

hatedkid666

"One result of the Canucks’ aggression on loose pucks from their defence, is that their defensemen are involved in more scoring chances per 20 minutes at the team level than anyone else in the league, with their defence generating an average of 3.7 scoring chances per 20 minutes played."

Yet we had one of the lowest scoring D corps in the league. Shooting percentage unsustainably low?

I'm hoping this indicates our D will score a lot more this season.

I still miss Juice. He was most aggressive.

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=13718069

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ryan Kesler didn't have to guess who the culprit was when he walked out into the parking lot and saw his windshield wipers flipped up on his car.

"I didn't even have to ask, I knew it was him," Kesler laughed. "I come out and my windshield wipers are sticking right up. I said, 'Juice is back.'"

"Juice" is not denying his culpability.

"Oh, I'll admit to it,"

I don't think I can hate the Ducks with as much passion this season...unless it's game day and we are playing them.

Wow, what a prankster, flipping his wiper up? That crazy guy. (sarcasm) I did like Bieksa's grit, his leadership and watching his interviews, but his skills diminished a lot, the injuries have been piling up, he's slow, can't shoot and getting on in age. I'm glad we traded him, but sadly to Team Disney. I'm sure him and Kesler will have a good time in Cali, flipping each others wipers or whatever. But here's hoping they lose, a lot.

I still miss Juice. He was most aggressive.

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=13718069

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ryan Kesler didn't have to guess who the culprit was when he walked out into the parking lot and saw his windshield wipers flipped up on his car.

"Juice" is not denying his culpability.

I don't think I can hate the Ducks with as much passion this season...unless it's game day and we are playing them.

Honestly I'm cheering for them as my side team this year, so long as Juice is on the team anyhow.

Honestly I'm cheering for them as my side team this year, so long as Juice is on the team anyhow.

I'm not only cheering for them (after the Canucks), I expect them to go deep this year. Their team has top-end scoring and great defensive depth - I'm expecting a Conference showing at the very least with a decent run at the cup.

I think it will always be easy to hate Kesler after he jumped ship. He talked about wanting to play his whole career here and then bolts at the first sign of trouble. Not to mention leaving management with only two options for a trade.

The funny thing is with him here last season we probably would have got past Calgary and even challenged Anaheim.

Archived