The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Arizona 0 vs. Vancouver 1 | Pre-season | Sep. 28, 2015 | 7:00 PM PDT | SNET-1

-Vintage Canuck-

Posted A minute ago

#mydreamteampicks2016vancouvercanucks - #rookies#rebuilding#orwhat? - #yupinmydreams#boomthatjusthappened

#BGfuture2ndlinecenter? - #future1stlinePP? - #IAMdreamingofasilversummer. - #whateverneeds2happen

1st 2nd 3rd 4th line ( LW & Center pairings ) RWers can move around to make line changes / PP / S-teams.

( D.Sedin H.Sedin ) A.Grenier - I don't think the 1st line pairing needs a J.Virtanen , Grenier = BIG BERT !

( S.Baertschi B.Sutter ) R.Vrbata - Trio looked great together on ice so far, R.V swaps with A.G on 1st-line PP.

( J.McCann B.Horvat ) J.Virtanen - This 3rd line pairing looks good ! #future1stlinePP?

( C.Higgins B.Gaunce ) D.Dorsett - Enforcer / Checking line with some youth , #BGfuture2ndlinecenter?

B.Prust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go home / get traded / or the farm team ? #whateverneeds2happen

R.Kennis L.Vey J.Hansen

A.Burrows A.Cracknell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ya I know UNDER CONTRACT and stuff !!! before harsh / stupid comments read my #s and see the word DREAM !

as for pre-season anyone's guess what happens , good luck young guns !!!!

#mydreamteampicks2016vancouvercanucks - #rookies#rebuilding#orwhat? - #yupinmydreams#boomthatjusthappened

#BGfuture2ndlinecenter? - #future1stlinePP? - #IAMdreamingofasilversummer. - #whateverneeds2happen

#Too

#Many

#Freakin'

#HASHTAGS!

Wow, the hate for vey is strong on this forum. I don't have a problem with criticizing the players as long as it's constructive and unfortunately it seems there's not too many people who understand what that means. Vey didn't set the hockey world on fire last season but he definitely had a solid rookie season and he deserves a chance to build on that wether it's with this team or another. The number one problem with Vey is that he is the victim of the depth chart just like L.A, he's not going to to produce playing on the 4th line with players like Prust or Dorsett but unless major injuries occur he won't see much time in the top six where he needs to be in order to produce. I believe Vey will be on this team and when given the chance I hope he proves everyone wrong.

Wow, the hate for vey is strong on this forum. I don't have a problem with criticizing the players as long as it's constructive and unfortunately it seems there's not too many people who understand what that means. Vey didn't set the hockey world on fire last season but he definitely had a solid rookie season and he deserves a chance to build on that wether it's with this team or another. The number one problem with Vey is that he is the victim of the depth chart just like L.A, he's not going to to produce playing on the 4th line with players like Prust or Dorsett but unless major injuries occur he won't see much time in the top six where he needs to be in order to produce. I believe Vey will be on this team and when given the chance I hope he proves everyone wrong.

I agree that the hate is a little strong but on the other hand if his number one problem is the depth chart on a rebuilding team that probably has 50/50 odds of making the playoffs then it's a dam big problem for him.

Edit: I don't mind vey but I don't think that we need him with the prospects in our system and I think he should be removed to open room.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Gaunce-Sutter-Virtanen

Prust-McCann-Hansen

Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bartkowski

Hutton-Sbisa

Guarantee that neither Dorsett nor Prust will be seeing much, if any time in the pressbox. If JB keeps that many kids, at least 2 vets have to go.

I get that they wanna see what Virtanen can do on the top line, but I really don't see his game meshing with the Sedins, they play too differently.

I'd rather see Virtanen with Bo or Sutter again.

I agree and I don't see it meshing as well but they are trying everyone this preseason....

Burr is probably going to be spending most if not all of the season with them.

i think virt will be just fine with the twins. they can change their game to make anyone look good. the twins will adjust to virt not the other way around. To get a real look at vey he needs to be put in an offensive position, tonight will show how he would look in the top 6 mix. Mccann on the wing will be fun, this guy is making the most of camp in the best way possible.

I get that they wanna see what Virtanen can do on the top line, but I really don't see his game meshing with the Sedins, they play too differently.

I'd rather see Virtanen with Bo or Sutter again.

I don't think they're giving Virtanen time with the Sedins because they actually believe it will be an excellent fit, but they're giving it a pre-season game to see if they can win the lottery on the off-chance it turns out to be an excellent fit. No one expected Anson Carter to play well with the Sedins and no one really thought Burrows would do well either - both learned the Sedin cycle system and added it to their own style of play.

I think that if Virtanen can understand the cycle, he'll add something to the Sedin line that they have been lacking for quite a few years - speed, grit and an excellent shot.

I agree that the hate is a little strong but on the other hand if his number one problem is the depth chart on a rebuilding team that probably has 50/50 odds of making the playoffs then it's a dam big problem for him.

Edit: I don't mind vey but I don't think that we need him with the prospects in our system and I think he should be removed to open room.

You've managed to devolve JC2's point by relying on a fallacy.

This is not a "rebuilding team." Your own post betrays your claim - rebuilding teams don't stand 50/50 odds of making the playoffs. The folks around here thinking this is a rebuild render the term meaningless.

Rebuilds also do not retain the bulk of their "core" - however you elect to define that. The Sedins, Vrbata, Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows, Miller....Other tweener vets - peripheral second core pieces - like Higgins, Hansen - also still present.

A Bieksa deal one year and Kesler deal another does not constitute a rebuild.

I realize there are a lot of wishful thinking tank nation folks here, who think a draft pick saviour will 'rebuild' a franchise, but sorry, you folks just did not get what you wanted.

If this team proves as bad as some of the poopoo crowd hope, then perhaps you'll see more rebuild style moves next summer, but I don't think tank nation has a clue what is actually transpiring around here.

If anyone still needs a clue - Benning's reference to the NHL's elite team in terms of retooling and sustaining competitiveness - theRedwings - as a model that is preferable and appropriate in a market like this - might help clarify what kind of approach and what types of moves they might expect to see this franchise make.

Drafting, developing and building primarily from within, whether enjoying top tier draft picks or not, is probably what people should get used to around here - and as everyone knows, the primary strength of this GM. In case people didn't notice, this franchise's prospect pool went to the Calder Cup last year - so the need to tear it down may not be as imminent as the TOML's of CDC would like to think.

Vey isn't a weak depth prospect on a rebuilding team - he's being pushed by legitimate, solid prospects that are approaching NHL readiness - in which case something has to give.

I personally think he'll remain on the roster and have an opportunity to prove himself - to this point he's lived up to reasonable expectations.

that kenins cracknell grenier 4th line should be fun watching them search and destroy lines with hits.

not sure why everyone on here thinks virtanen shouldn't get a shot with the twins he will open up space for them with his physicality. now hooefully he can finish a few goals with them fingers crossed i hooe vey, mccann hutton also have good games i feel like a few trades will happen to free up roster spots

Posted A minute ago

1st 2nd 3rd 4th line ( LW & Center pairings ) RWers can move around to make line changes / PP / S-teams.

( D.Sedin H.Sedin ) A.Grenier - I don't think the 1st line pairing needs a J.Virtanen , Grenier = BIG BERT !

( S.Baertschi B.Sutter ) R.Vrbata - Trio looked great together on ice so far, R.V swaps with A.G on 1st-line PP.

( J.McCann B.Horvat ) J.Virtanen - This 3rd line pairing looks good ! #future1stlinePP?

( C.Higgins B.Gaunce ) D.Dorsett - Enforcer / Checking line with some youth , #BGfuture2ndlinecenter?

B.Prust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go home / get traded / or the farm team ? #whateverneeds2happen

R.Kennis L.Vey J.Hansen

A.Burrows A.Cracknell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ya I know UNDER CONTRACT and stuff !!! before harsh / stupid comments read my #s and see the word DREAM !

as for pre-season anyone's guess what happens , good luck young guns !!!!

I think you mistook this site for Twitter.

You've managed to devolve JC2's point by relying on a fallacy.

This is not a "rebuilding team." Your own post betrays your claim - rebuilding teams don't stand 50/50 odds of making the playoffs. The folks around here thinking this is a rebuild render the term meaningless.

Rebuilds also do not retain the bulk of their "core" - however you elect to define that. The Sedins, Vrbata, Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows, Miller....Other tweener vets - peripheral second core pieces - like Higgins, Hansen - also still present.

A Bieksa deal one year and Kesler deal another does not constitute a rebuild.

I realize there are a lot of wishful thinking tank nation folks here, who think a draft pick saviour will 'rebuild' a franchise, but sorry, you folks just did not get what you wanted.

If this team proves as bad as some of the poopoo crowd hope, then perhaps you'll see more rebuild style moves next summer, but I don't think tank nation has a clue what is actually transpiring around here.

If anyone still needs a clue - Benning's reference to the NHL's elite team in terms of retooling and sustaining competitiveness - theRedwings - as a model that is preferable and appropriate in a market like this - might help clarify what kind of approach and what types of moves they might expect to see this franchise make.

Drafting, developing and building primarily from within, whether enjoying top tier draft picks or not, is probably what people should get used to around here - and as everyone knows, the primary strength of this GM. In case people didn't notice, this franchise's prospect pool went to the Calder Cup last year - so the need to tear it down may not be as imminent as the TOML's of CDC would like to think.

Vey isn't a weak depth prospect on a rebuilding team - he's being pushed by legitimate, solid prospects that are approaching NHL readiness - in which case something has to give.

I personally think he'll remain on the roster and have an opportunity to prove himself - to this point he's lived up to reasonable expectations.

We're not a rebuilding team???? I think most would disagree, I think we're past the first year of a 4 year rebuild plan. They want to remain competitive for various reasons but non the less we're rebuilding.

Vey is only as deserving as the level in which he is willing to exert himself. There has been nothing in his play that indicates that he is more "deserving" of a spot on this team than McCann or Gaunce. They have taken every opportunity given to them and shone.

Vey has looked like a player that plain can't handle the pressure. Building this team doesn't involve numerous chances to prove oneself. If that was the case, Kassian would still be here. He isn't. I'm hoping handing Vey the second line centre position tonight is a message that it's his last chance. That's all he deserves.

Vey is only as deserving as the level in which he is willing to exert himself. There has been nothing in his play that indicates that he is more "deserving" of a spot on this team than McCann or Gaunce. They have taken every opportunity given to them and shone.

Vey has looked like a player that plain can't handle the pressure. Building this team doesn't involve numerous chances to prove oneself. If that was the case, Kassian would still be here. He isn't. I'm hoping handing Vey the second line centre position tonight is a message that it's his last chance. That's all he deserves.

He hasn't been nearly as bad as you're making it seem. He hasn't played poorly or really done anything wrong, he just hasn't shone. It's unfortunate for Vey that McCaan has played lights out. As I've said before, people need to remember that McCaan also had several games under his belt prior to main camp, whereas Vey didn't. In my opinion, Vey needs to be in tryout mode from here on out. His job is definitely on the line in the next 5 games.

Archived