The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Need Hutton

D-Money

Then we can claim him.

I'd rather trade a 4th or 5th round pick for him now.

1. So you get the player for sure --- 28 other teams might want to claim the player as well...

2. To get the player into preseason action now --- experiment earlier than Game 1 of 82

It is probably best for him to at least start the season in the AHL where he can play big minutes and adjust to pro hockey, namely playing a ton of games. Remember NCAA hockey only plays on the weekends and he only played 108 games over 3 years (36 games per season). That is very different than a pro schedule not only does he have to be ready to play every night but he's got to be ready on road trips where he could have to play 3 games in 4 nights (or in the AHL sometimes 3 games in 3 nights).

HUTTON!!! I will be so freaking disappointed at Benning/Crew if they prefer to keep Corrado over Hutton. Seriously i've been a Benning supporter ever since, but it's pretty damn obvious this preseason, Corrado being pushed around and too many mistakes for a guy that doesn't have a set roster spot yet. While Hutton is showing he's the D that we need.

Corrado is a Right handed shot Hutton is left.

Corrado has to clear waivers, Hutton doesn't.

It’s really not Hutton vs Corrado.

Hutton is AHL bound until the first injury, he will be the first call up. Hutton will get a full time spot when Hamhuis is traded. Hutton’s play in the AHL will dictate whether that trade is made before Christmas or around trade deadline.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind him beating out Bartkowski for the #6 spot. That said, I expect him to be in Utica awaiting a call-up.

Problem is, Sbisa is in the 6 spot and Bartkowski is 7 and he has to beat out one of those two, which would require 1) waivers and a loss of depth and 2) Benning to admit he was wrong about players he brought in. Sadly, it's not going to happen.

Problem is, Sbisa is in the 6 spot and Bartkowski is 7 and he has to beat out one of those two, which would require 1) waivers and a loss of depth and 2) Benning to admit he was wrong about players he brought in. Sadly, it's not going to happen.

Where does this presumption that Benning would rather be right than make a move to Benefit this team, come from?

Frankly, I wouldn't mind him beating out Bartkowski for the #6 spot. That said, I expect him to be in Utica awaiting a call-up.

I really think some here are missing the boat here on bartkowski, he is borderline top four material and will vastly improve the Canucks transition game from the backend, not the biggest guy but also has a physical element to his game.

He is not a #6 defenseman.

Hutton is a nice story but now knowing he has brought his A-game with him to camp, the team has another option and maybe at some point during the season but he needs to play games and get his minutes not hang around the big club.

I am expecting him to make the team. He's like another Tanev, but with more offense.

Edler - Tanev

Hammer - Hutton

Sbisa - Bart

He does play a lot like Tanev- smart and quick. That would be the way I go to assuming Sbsia or Bart can play the right side.

I kinda feel bad for Webber because I think this was finally his year to play regular mins, but Hutton just oozes with talent

Archived