The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG 2.0 | SEASON 4 COMPLETE

Patrick Kane

Had a chance to chat with PK, and he was telling me how much of a pain it will be to do re-rates.
I suggested maybe a draft, so that he can update as the draft goes along, rather than doing a mass re-rate. He liked the idea, and originally wanted a draft, but too many people wanted real rosters.
I think we should do a draft, as it would be interesting in this league.
The league isn't starting soon anyways, so we got plenty of time to do it, and it would only be 30 rounds (23 main roster + 7 prospects).
For the most part, everyone is easily contactable on here. After the main 'core' rounds are done (after like 12-13) we can do skips or BPA's based off the list for those who request it.
Even if you get BPA'd, you would still get a solid player, and it wouldn't matter if you didnt like him or not, I'm sure everyone here currently has players on their roster they don't like.

Had a chance to chat with PK, and he was telling me how much of a pain it will be to do re-rates.
I suggested maybe a draft, so that he can update as the draft goes along, rather than doing a mass re-rate. He liked the idea, and originally wanted a draft, but too many people wanted real rosters.
I think we should do a draft, as it would be interesting in this league.
The league isn't starting soon anyways, so we got plenty of time to do it, and it would only be 30 rounds (23 main roster + 7 prospects).
For the most part, everyone is easily contactable on here. After the main 'core' rounds are done (after like 12-13) we can do skips or BPA's based off the list for those who request it.
Even if you get BPA'd, you would still get a solid player, and it wouldn't matter if you didnt like him or not, I'm sure everyone here currently has players on their roster they don't like.

On top of this, I am willing to help run the draft - to take some stress of PK, and we have others that always step up when help is needed. We have GM's that are active, and have fast responsive times, and have a kik group going with a decent amount of GM's to let everyone know who is up. As mentioned, it gives PK the chance to do re-rates as we draft - which won't give such a huge workload for him as it'll be 15 or so players a day (hopefully) for PK to go through.

I know some are just coming off a full draft in STHS with VC's league, but this draft won't be as long, as you won't be drafting a full minor league team - 30 rounds and we are done. The first half of the draft will be pretty laid back since we have until December. There is a BPA list/system in place as we get into the later stages to help not have the draft dragging on, and having GM's lose interest.

First, my condolences go to Crom, and to his sister specifically. I can't imagine what she's going through but hope she can get through the difficult times ahead.

Second, I've done 8 drafts this summer - I have no appetite for another. Therefore if the draft does go ahead, I would like to resign as GM of Boston. Without a game being played, what a great appointment :lol:

Apologies to PK, who I practically begged to let me join - I had assumed I'd be given a team in RGMG 1.0, and then was given the Bruins in 2.0. I really, really don't want to be involved in another draft and I'd rather back out now than during or immediately after the draft. Get in a GM who wants that and you'll be well away.

Archived